Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Is samurai Jack supposed to air on cartoon network again that'd be sick

straw_hat is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to director Tarsem Singh the movie is still in preliminary talks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-haneke-305463

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by straw_hat
    According to director Tarsem Singh the movie is still in preliminary talks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-haneke-305463
    Thanks for think and info, I guess that's better than nothing... Maybe, lol. Samurai Jack deserves an epic ending like Avatar: The Last Airbender got. I hope that Mr. Tartakovsky is involved, and if he is, and ever gets started on this movie... I know he'll deliver the epic-ness we all crave, lol.

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The movie is going to be animated right. Afterall there is no need for live action movie when the animation was brilliant

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see little chance of this movie ever getting made before the underworld freezes over.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I do believe we'll be seeing new Samurai Jack again. In some form at least. Such a fantastic, well loved series.

Will we see Samurai Jack again because this movie actually gets made? Who knows. :/

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I personally I think this was/still is the greatest show CN ever had, (though JL was good too) anyways, I think this is one of CN's biggest blunders. They should have let Genndy make a movie back when he pitched it to them, and seriously... I hope this does NOT come off sounding insensitive or offensive, but the amazingly great man Mako would have been able to voice Aku, wouldn't he? Because wasn't the movie pitch made like 3 years before Mako passed away? Again I am in no way trying to be insensitive or anything regarding Mako.
    I am not trying to be rude, offensive, or anything, I really am just wondering... if CN had green lit a SJ movie, would Mako have been the voice for Aku?

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    I personally I think this was/still is the greatest show CN ever had, (though JL was good too) anyways, I think this is one of CN's biggest blunders. They should have let Genndy make a movie back when he pitched it to them, and seriously... I hope this does NOT come off sounding insensitive or offensive, but the amazingly great man Mako would have been able to voice Aku, wouldn't he? Because wasn't the movie pitch made like 3 years before Mako passed away? Again I am in no way trying to be insensitive or anything regarding Mako.
    I am not trying to be rude, offensive, or anything, I really am just wondering... if CN had green lit a SJ movie, would Mako have been the voice for Aku?

D.
    Original plans for the film was to follow up on the failed Powerpuff Girls film. So yes Mako would have returned as Aku.

swarlock is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyler View Post
    Genndy is currently directing Hotel Transylvania , which is slated for a late 2012 release, so we're not going to be getting a Samurai Jack movie for at least another 2 or 3 years.
    I saw the clip for this movie. It looks good but I have a feeling it's going to flop somehow.

Xendyl is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding the whole Aku's voice actor thing, I'm pretty sure Greg Baldwin is his replacement. Only assuming this because he voices the Aku Nano in FusionFall and since Cartoon Network got all the original actors (or at least an actor who voiced the character during the show's run) to reprise their roles for that game, it would be logical to use an official replacement. But that (extremely short) recording session was probably over 4 years ago so I think things could've changed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast