Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    cuzin34 is offline @AsapCuzin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last episode of flapjack is live action.

Like This Thread!
    I hope it turns out to be good. Its called "FISH OUT OF WATER" and will be on in a few weeks!
    heres the LINK.
    Add me on Xbox live paulpi3rce34.

Kaveh77 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flapjack is ending

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I heard it mentioned on the TAG blog months ago, and the creator made it official.
    Apparently, it's going to be in live-action.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Flapjack its ending? Well it kinda sucks to see it end and when i saw that the final episode will be live action i was like "oh no, Fairly OddParents live action vibe i'm having here" but seems like it's going to work well, Thurop's son looks just like Flapjack!!! Thurop Van Orman playing K'nuckles? Wonder how he will pull it off making it sound like Brian Doyle Murray voice only if Thurop plays K'nuckles and Brian does the voice.

Seriously why can't Butch Hartman come up with something like this with FOP instead of getting old man Drake Bell?
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Flapjack is ending!? What? Seriously? No movie to end it at all(honestly the show needs a movie). ..Well this is very sad, it's one of the only things I actually like to watch on Cartoonnetwork. Well can't wait to see this Live Action Finale.

Freezer Waffles is offline Ironically.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excuse me while I go to my corner and cry...

I didn't know Flapjack was ending. I haven't watched a new episode in months. Now I feel sad. I always loved this show. I can't wait to see the finale, though. The live-action looks like it will be good.
    Why, I do have a deviantART.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaman X View Post
    ...Flapjack is ending!? What? Seriously? No movie to end it at all(honestly the show needs a movie).
    Yeah, I've always felt that the series should end with an hour-long special where they finally find Candied Island. Heck, I even thought up an epilogue with an elderly (possibly live-action) Flapjack telling his grandchildren about his days of adventuring. Possibly for added humor, throw in a bony insanely-old K'nuckles sitting in a chair nearby to deliver the final line of the series.

Well, I got the live-action part sort of right...
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 9/29 - AVGN the Movie / Black Lagoon)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll miss this series, if only because it was one of my favorites, exceeding Chowder at the time, and I put it higher than Adventure Time as far as homegrown comedies are concerned. The fact that it's live action is jarring, but I'm willing to give it a shot since the creator is dressing up as K'nuckles and his son is playing Flapjack.

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I wasn't the only person that tripped over the "Flapjack is ending... and soon" news today. I rarely get to catch up with the latest episodes on Mondays but it still feels abrupt.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mickialla is offline Suave Incarnate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I heard rumors of Flapjack ending, but now that it's official, it bums me out. It really disappoints me that, even with all the hubbub we make about it, Cartoon Network doesn't realize that killing shows off after a few years doesn't allow them time to grow. They clearly seem to be looking for their own Spongebob, but the way they treat their shows makes it seem like they don't think any of them are particularly special. Flapjack began in the summer of 2008, and according to Thurop, the finale airs in a few weeks. That's only a little over two years. Did Spongebob or Rugrats or Powerpuff Girls or any of the other popular shows of the last two decades hit their stride within the first two years of their run? No, it takes time for a good cartoon to bloom and capture a consistent audience. I feel like a fool just for typing this paragraph as I feel like other posters and I have said the same thing over and over again. I wouldn't be surprised if Adventure Time and Regular Show both don't last over two and a half years, which seems to be the average life span of a Cartoon Network show.. Well, at least we have reruns, I suppose.

With all that being said, I'm going to say that I don't mind that the final episode of Flapjack is live-action for a number of reasons. 1) It's Thurop's choice, 2) It's only one episode, and a special episode at that, and 3) The Flapjack crew will find a way to make it far more interesting than the other live-action stuff on Cartoon Network.

All in all, I will miss Flapjack, though it's not gone yet, and may not be gone for a considerable amount of time even after the finale airs. While I occasionally found the deliberately grotesque style of the show to be slightly overbearing at times, and I think the animation could've been better, I have come to embrace it and now I truly believe that Flapjack is one of the most innovative television cartoons of the past few decades and it will be remembered fondly. The show really helped me to appreciate different art styles of cartoons more, and even influenced me to loosen up my own drawing style. And hey, Thurop did say that there was now "something new", so maybe the adventure's not over yet. What lies in store for Thurop, whether it be a new show or whether it be working on a colleague's show, it will surely bring all of us great joy.
    http://mickialla.deviantart.com/ Check out my DeviantArt Account! There's nothing much up there yet. I'm hoping to get stuff up soon, though!
    R.I.P Toonami: 1997-2008
    The Best Action Block Ever
    'Till the Sun Rises...Stay Gold

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast