Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ranting Swede is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    If they come up with a good idea for them, why not? But to be honest, I don't really think they are that interesting. It's nice to see them every once in a while, but it's not that I would miss them if they won't show up again anymore.
    It's a signature.

magicdog is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Hex Girls only appeared in two of the DTV movies and one episode of What's New Scooby Doo. For Scooby Doo characters that's a pretty rare rate of reoccurance but considering their last appearence was two Scooby shows ago (What's new Scooby Doo) it seems very unlikley they'd ever appear again, let alone net a spinoff.
    Well they are slated to appear in an upcoming episode of the current SD show, "Mystery Incorporated" so they are apparently not far from the creative minds of those behind the franchise.

I agree that if there were a spinoff you'd have to see more of the girl's personalities and foibles. It would essentially be "Charmed - The Rock Band" and that could work.

RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd vote no if there was a poll, they are just not intresting enough to me.
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

Goldstar Neo is online now I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Realistically, there is no "should", but if you're asking whether or not I'd like to see it happen, it would depend on what sort of series it would be and exactly how the Hex Girls characters would be utilized. If a hypothetical Hex Girls series were to actually deal with the supernatural with real otherworldly people and creatures, real magic and witchcraft, then sure. However, if said series would just be the Hex Girls driving around the country in a van and crossing paths with jewel thieves and bargain basement mad scientists and pulling rubber masks off of fake ghosts, then I'd say pass. There have been enough shows like that already.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    Realistically, there is no "should", but if you're asking whether or not I'd like to see it happen, it would depend on what sort of series it would be and exactly how the Hex Girls characters would be utilized. If a hypothetical Hex Girls series were to actually deal with the supernatural with real otherworldly people and creatures, real magic and witchcraft, then sure. However, if said series would just be the Hex Girls driving around the country in a van and crossing paths with jewel thieves and bargain basement mad scientists and pulling rubber masks off of fake ghosts, then I'd say pass. There have been enough shows like that already.
    Like i said before, since Thorn's a wiccan they can use that to make a story arc on how she can control her powers and fight the supernatural also having some revelations along the way.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hex Girls: The Series! You Are Not Alone!

I think a Hex Girls series would be awesome! A perfect pilot could be a DTV/DVD/OVA, whatever! The Mystery, Incorporated Gang could be there to help sell it and reintroduce the characters, but the majority of it could be all Hex Girls. Since CN focuses mostly on the male demographic, it can follow the JEM formula of action, adventure, fashion, and fame. The Hex Girls Series could be a cross between JEM,the Winx Club, and W.I.T.C.H. (kinda).

Merchandising would be a big draw for the show. It could help pay for the production. There should be lots of different stage costumes and dolls for The Hex Girls. A tour bus/stage play set like from "In Fear Of The Phantom". Plus the perfect way to feel out the audience and demographic for the show would be to have Hex Girls singles available on Itunes! I bet CN/Warner Brothers would be shocked to see how many downloads they could get from "Trap Of Love" and "Hex Girl" :anime:. Tons of music pretty much goes without saying.

Of course all three original Hex Girls should be back: Jennifer Hale (Thorn), Kimberly Brooks (Luna), and Jane Wiedlin (Dusk) of The Go-Gos! I wouldn't mnd guest appearances by Grey Delise as (Crush) even though I'd move to separate the shows some what. And their original Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost writer/creator Glen Leopold could create the universe/show bible.

This blog has a WHOLE season's worth of ideas for a Hex Girls cartoon.

http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/2009/12/hex-girls.html

I'm hoping JEM's success on The Hub, the return of Winx Club (even though it's CGI ), and the popularity of Monster High gets people thinking that a female centric show CAN work in today's market. The Hex Girls are actually pretty popular. A quick you tube check says they have over 2 million views for "Hex Girl" and over 4 hundred thousand for "Trap Of Love". Which is AMAZING for Scooby-Doo guest stars from over a decade ago. Translate those youtube hits to $0.99 cent Itunes/Amazon downloads and KA-CHING!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG finally someone who thinks like I do!

The Hex Girls have always been my main Scooby Doo idol, mostly because I identify alot with Thorn, my best friend is Dusk and my sister is Luna.

But a Spin off show would be great maybe new music? Maybe even go back to the original designs? I mean I love their new Steampunk look but I loved their original design.

The Hex Girls honestly deserve more publicity then they get! <3

I agree 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Hex Girls Will Return

Tony Cervone, supervising producer on Scooby-Doo, Mystery, Incorporated, recently tweeted that The Hex Girls will make one more appearance before the end of the series.

https://twitter.com/kooltoecee/statu...85369991643136

Since we have no idea when SD:MI is coming back why don't we engage in my favorite activities:

Rampant Speculation & Gross Innuendos!

What could The Hex Girls final appearance be about? They haven't been referred to as Wiccans since Witch's Ghost, so in all likely hood, it won't be that. By this time the show will be chin deep in the alien mystery, but how will THG fit in? Also, "In Fear Of The Phantom" was a pivotal episode for Fred & Daphne's relationship. What will be happening to the Mystery, Inc gang that will be equal to or top that? Will Crush rock the mike again? Will there be new song(s)? Will we have to sit through another rehash of "Hex Girl" and "Earth, Wind, Fire, & Air"? Will Velma finally be acknowledged by THG? Velma needs her own song to make Shaggy have to eat it about what he's missing. Will their new manager Gus Boggs be with them? Why are they coming back to Crystal Cove so soon? Will Luna & Dusk finally get to do something of substance?

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd watch A Hex Girls Spin-Off. Those gals really know how to put a spell on you! XD.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dancing With The Undead

Tony Cervone elaborated on The Hex Girls- there's going to be a reprisal of an old song and a new song. Who wants to bet it'll be "Hex Girl", but I'd really love it if they did "It's A Mystery", but that's not as well known.

https://twitter.com/kooltoecee/statu...95314367946753

Spoilers for the upcoming return of The Hex Girls to Mystery, Incorporated! This was on Tony Cervone's twitter.

Spoiler:

Apparently, The Hex Girls get into a Battle Of The Bands with a ska punk zombie band led by Dave Wakeling of The English Beat. No word on if Crush rejoins the band.

A little internet sleuthing found this interview with episode guest star Dave Wakeling.

Wakeling takes English Beat break with Scooby-Doo | Tom Lanham | Music | San Francisco Examiner

Here there be Hex Girls spoilers!

Spoiler:

“But last night, I had to do two songs for a ‘Scooby-Doo’ cartoon, and I’m absolutely exhausted,” he explained.

“This was my first opportunity to do anything for television as a gun for hire, and I actually managed to record and mix two songs in 12 hours. It was like running at double speed with no brakes, but it was exciting, and Warner Bros. really loved them.”

The tunes, featured in a ghoulish battle-of-the-bands episode, tap into the two-tone, ska-punk vein that’s been the Brit’s specialty since forming the Beat (re-christened the English Beat in the U.S.) in 1978 in Birmingham. In the show, the contest pits a zombie ska band versus recurring combo the Hex Girls.

“So the zombies have a song called ‘You’re Dead Right, Mate,’ and the Hex Girls have one called ‘We’re the Good Bad Girls,’ which has a definite Ramones-Runaways vibe to it,” says Wakeling. “But frankly, I’m really happy I did it, because I’ve always loved ‘Scooby-Doo.’”

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: Wakeling takes English Beat break with Scooby-Doo | Tom Lanham | Music | San Francisco Examiner

Here's a picture of Dave Wakeling at that 12 hour Mystery, Inc recording session.

Marco On The Bass: Dave Wakeling of The English Beat Records Two Songs For An Episode Of Scooby Doo!!

No mention yet of how Mystery, Inc incorporates into all this. Hopefully, Luna & Dusk will get some development.

Here's an interview with Jennifer Hale (Thorn) about her lead role in Mass Effect as Commander Shepard. Singing comes up in the interview and she mentions a little about "Dance Of The Undead".

PG
    : Do you still do any singing at all?

JH
    : I do, in fact, I played live until a few years ago just with some friends doing loud cover stuff, and a I love doing acoustic sets as well because you don’t have to compete with the drums. I love drummers, but sometimes it’s like ‘ Dude, don’t mic the drums, its a 12×12!’… I have a character on the ongoing Scooby-Doo thing that I do some singing for, in the Hex Girls story line, and we did a bit recently, we recorded a song with Dave Wakeling of The English Beat, Jane Wiedlin formerly of The Go-Gos, she’s one of the backup singers, as well as Kimberly Brooks, Ash[ley Williams from Mass Effect], is the other backup singer, and we’re the Hex Girls together. And then I had a show, gosh 3 or 4 years ago with Andre 3000, Andre Benjamin, we all sang in that show, I was one of the kids in his class.

Jennifer Hale Talks Mass Effect 3, Gaming In Society, And More « PopGamer

Fun Fact: Did you know that Jennifer Hale voices Commander Shepard (as a female alternate lead character) and Kimberly Brooks (Luna) voices Shepard's love interest Ashley Williams in Mass Effect?
    Last edited by BonnieB21:-); 02-18-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast