Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    gotpika is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolverine View Post
    OK, I was finally able to see part of an episode yesterday, and I have to say I love the art style.

I'd have to catch a full episode to judge better. Only complaint so far is with the show name. The spelling puts me off.
    It suppose to look Cool Like it or Lub it.

I have to say I like the Amazing Spiez transformation sequence short but sweet and the "HA" they say are a nice touch and the poses they do and then, it's nice better then, most shows I know with transformation or *cough* henshi sequences

Toons Fan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Freeze View Post
    ^Yeah, this series is alright but I enjoyed Totally Spies more. And yes, the art style is great, it has that comic/manga style.

I guess we'll be seeing more of the chameleon.
    Yep, Chameleon Leon will be back in Tuesday's episode called "Operation Desert Rescue".
    Hello my name is Toons Fan and I like a lot of Toons.

WolfGran is offline Sophomore member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, the animation is pretty appealing, but this series just feels average to me. It doesn't bring anything new to the table other than a cool art style. I'm sure the series will slightly improve in the upcoming episodes, but for now, this was a disappointment.
    WolfGran (formerly YogiBR123) - est. 2008

gotpika is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH God this episode is fantastic. There Aunt Trudy almost finding out there secret. Her following them. The crazy bug lady wow. Megan is so stupid to write there secrets in her diary. What kind of grown woman cares about what kids do? Nice to know she did'nt tell the secret.
    Last edited by Light Lucario; 04-29-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Deleting inappropriate language

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe they didn't errase that lady's memories. Maybe they did, but Jerry just didn't tell the kids as a way to teach them a lession about being more careful.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I just finished watching 4 of this weeks 5 Amazing Spiez! episodes, and I can say I enjoy the series already. I wasn't able to get into Totally Spies! solely because it stared the three females and felt like a rip-off of Charlie's Angels to me. Amazing Spiez! though manages to keep the comedy factor that Totally Spies had! while bringing in young characters that can easily be related to.

Out of the four episodes I just finished watching, I'd have to say my favorite was Operation Grow Up. Seeing the antics of Tony as he couldn't do anything he wanted to do only to become the oldest was hilarious. I enjoyed how he managed to take down the villain (Archibald) by out thinking him despite being the youngest and probably least experienced member (unless they all became Spiez! at the same time). My only complaint was that I wish Lee had actually been turned back into a baby during the episode. It would have served the oldest right to become the youngest and be humbled.

I actually enjoy the comic style being used. I've always enjoyed the series that use comic style. Like it or not Spider-Man Unlimited, while being stupid with the whole beast man plot, was cool in how it evolved Venom and Carnage. Superhero Squad Show could call season 1 a success since they have a storyline that doesn't require the episodes to be connected outside the fractal plot until the last couple of episodes. Really the only time I didn't think the comic style worked was with the first live-action Hulk movie.

I'd like to learn a little more about each of the Spiez! First off Tammy referenced in Monday's episode that Megan was a wanna-be Clark. I know she lives with the family and is treated as an equal, but could she be adopted? Her skin does look a little darker than the boys after all, or at least that has been my initial thought. The second thing I notice is the ages are 13, 12, 12, and 11. Do you know how difficult it is to have 4 kids within 3 years of each other? One set would have to be twins, yet they haven't acknowledged Megan and Marc as being twins in any shape, form, or fashion. I understand we're going to learn a bit more about how the Spiez! became Spiez! in a few weeks, but I want to learn how they came to be not just as spies.

As far as this week goes, I've enjoyed the interesting variety of Villains. I thought the chameleon was the best at thwarting his opponents, so I look forward to his return, though I almost wonder if they didn't steal the idea from The Chameleon in Spider-Man. I didn't like Sherry's plot one bit. The brain drain story always seems a bit rushed unless you spread it out over two or three episodes. Archibald suffered from the same story of how every kid wants to grow up, a story portrayed much better in I believe it's the movie Big, and the bee lady was a cool change of pace, though I have seen it before in Shinzo. I look forward to seeing today's episode as well as the rest of the series a bit later.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Toons Fan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In Wednesday's episode called "Operation The 50 Foot Hacker" will have Alex, Sam, and Clover from Totally Spies in it.
    Hello my name is Toons Fan and I like a lot of Toons.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thursday and Friday they will the epic "Operation: Twins Of Terror", a must watch episode.

Inkan1969 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lukewarm

Will they ever explain whatever became of the Totally Spies?

I don't like the new art style. The heavy shading is garish to the point that it hurts my eyes to look at the show. The shading is too much of a distraction.

I just find "Amazing Spiez" less interesting than "Totally Spies". Maybe only because I can better identify with high school/college age characters than with little kids.

And it has to be pointed out that "Amazing Spiez" inherently lacks one part of the fundamental appeal of "Totally Spies": AS has very little opportunity for any fanservice.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sam, Alex, and Clover appear in one or two episodes. I've been told they're "mentors" to the current team.

In any case (and I'm not trying to be mean or anything), given what kind of show this is, and who made it, I don't think that's supposed to be the point either way.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast