Quantcast
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by creativerealms View Post
    I liked this episode but I kept thinking of Ahuizotl as an evil Apalm(SP) from Pokemon given it's design. I could not help but laugh a few times.

About the naruto comparision well is is fair as it's probably the most popular show where the main character has a demon/monster trapped in side them but such a plot point is actually pretty common in action anime.
    Well can't blame you since the hand tail does look a like yet when i saw Ahuizotl didn't think of any character i seen before.

Indeed, i know some animes that have similar plots and Naruto is just one of them but like you said since it's one of the most popular animes, people will go with that.

Anyway back with the episode, I think like many that Drew threw TV since she's used to throwing TVs since season 1 lol. I can't wait to see whats next for Zak.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GC13 View Post
    Also, we get to see Zak's first step down the road of being corrupted by his powers: he had the power to speed Fisk along by dominating him, so he did. Ah, the road to a dominated will is paved with good intentions, it seems.
    Indeed. I believe that was the first time that Zak has ever done that, and even though the scene only lasted a few seconds, I believe that may very well have been the most important scene in the entire episode. It’s too early to speculate, but it seems that Zak is going to change for the worse as he becomes more and more familiar with the powers of Kur.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

GC13 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Indeed. I believe that was the first time that Zak has ever done that, and even though the scene only lasted a few seconds, I believe that may very well have been the most important scene in the entire episode. It’s too early to speculate, but it seems that Zak is going to change for the worse as he becomes more and more familiar with the powers of Kur.
    Zak has attempted to dominate Zon before, but it was not nearly so casual and expedient. That attempt, I think, was simple recklessness combined with an exceeding disapproval of her choice in boyfriends. This time with Fisk though, was the first time he's dominated his brother in anything other than training, and certainly the first time he's done so with a totally calm "what? I needed to hurry, don't worry about it" attitude.
    Love Steven Universe? Check out my Steven Universe fansite and lore depository

suciune is offline MIKU FAN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well this episode was definitly a comic relife from all that action haha love the beginning whne you see the cactus you know wha was gonig to happen

and fisk did want to help alittle or zak wouldnt of been able to get fisk to do it.Anyway im positive that zak isint the only one who's going to get new powers and if zak deos go ya know on the evil side im pretty sure we all know who he will fight mainly can we hear a guess

Mod Note: Please don't double post. Use the edit function instead. Thank you.
    Last edited by Light Lucario; 11-22-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Double post
    MIKU MIKU MIKU MIKU READY TO ROCK DA DA DA YAYANIME FAN 101 YAY LA DA

Sagittarius_girl is offline Ashlee the Epic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRotermund View Post
    I thought that there was captions for the spanish people. Now i'm confused.................
    No, but in the beginning, the one guy said (from what I can remember):

"Do not worry, darling, I will find the problem."

Or something like that. Meh. I can remember exact quotes in English, but not in Spanish.

Jay Stephens is offline TSS Creator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all. Thank you for the analysis of episode 203. And, yes, it is *officially* episode 203, despite many fans thinking we are in a third season.

To answer a couple of questions and clear up any misconceptions, I have never seen an episode of Naruto. The Secret Saturdays has many inspirations, but modern anime/manga isn't one of them. Of course, some heroic themes are common between many adventure shows, so it doesn't surprise me that there are other 'monster inside the hero' shows out there. And the Ahuizotl design is based on actual ancient accounts, not anime characters.
    Also, for clarification, the last line in this episode is in fact spoken by Doc, despite the CC error. And, yup, it was Drew who tossed the TV (though there is more than one in the Airship) in frustration with Zak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Stephens View Post
    Hello all. Thank you for the analysis of episode 203. And, yes, it is *officially* episode 203, despite many fans thinking we are in a third season.

To answer a couple of questions and clear up any misconceptions, I have never seen an episode of Naruto. The Secret Saturdays has many inspirations, but modern anime/manga isn't one of them. Of course, some heroic themes are common between many adventure shows, so it doesn't surprise me that there are other 'monster inside the hero' shows out there. And the Ahuizotl design is based on actual ancient accounts, not anime characters.
    Also, for clarification, the last line in this episode is in fact spoken by Doc, despite the CC error. And, yup, it was Drew who tossed the TV (though there is more than one in the Airship) in frustration with Zak.
    I figured it was her. She has got one nasty temper. But I am wondering, does the Saturday's airship get internet? Many people are thinking that Zak will get information from the web, but how will he if they do not have internet? Or, can it get internet if Fisk does a similar thing to another receiver?

Also, I am not buying the host theory about Kur. Zak is Kur, not Kur's host.
    "I never agreed to get rid of it!" Doc Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Secret Scientists are not going to let Zak saving Miranda Grey keep them from trying to capture Zak, right? I do not think that one time saving them will change their minds.

Also, does any one know what Bunyips are? I found them in the description for the next episode but am unsure of what they are. Are they like gremlins?
    "I never agreed to get rid of it!" Doc Saturday

RySenkari is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're not. Heck, they had to keep Miranda tied up until they got clear of the village, she wanted to catch Zak so much.

I think there needs to be some GOOD reason why the Secret Scientists are so deadset on catching Kur, beyond the fact that he's potentially dangerous. Some tragedy in one of their pasts involving Kur, or something. Otherwise it seems like character derailment to me. Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough, though, but still I think they're being jerks beyond the pale. It's getting to the point where ABBEY Gray would be more grateful of being rescued like that than Miranda was, and Abbey seems to be one of the archvillains now.

GC13 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't see any out-of-characterness what with the Secret Scientists being obsessed with capturing Kur. The entire first season was spent telling us how dangerous and evil Kur is, and now it's out that Zak is that dangerous and evil cryptid. You saw how willing they were to turn on Zak and Fisk in Paris is Melting when they perceived a threat, so I'd say their actions are perfectly in-character.

I'd say that if it was some random child who was revealed to be Kur, even the Saturdays would be torn about what the right thing to do was. You'll note that the Scientists after Zak are, barring Epsilon, the most hard-nosed of the bunch. I'm certain there are other Scientists who are torn: they don't think what they're doing is right but can't think of any alternatives.
    Love Steven Universe? Check out my Steven Universe fansite and lore depository