Quantcast
Page 1 of 100 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 991
  1. #1
    The Huntsman's Avatar
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    6,205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

    Like This Thread!
    I mentioned this before in the international thread, and even blogged about it on toonzone, but I believe that this series is worth its own thread because it’s a pretty important project. It’s Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe’s first greenlit series and will air on Cartoon Networks worldwide. Despite being developed in Europe, one of the writers said that it will make use of U.S. voice talent.

    Primarily a 2D series, though certainly a mixed-media series for the most part, The Amazing World of Gumball will track a blue cat named Gumball and his various friends in the little town of Elmore. Going to school, hanging out with friends, and more, Gumball's oddball cast of pals will include a tyrannosaurus rex, a goldfish, a cheerleading peanut, and a banana. The pipeline for the animation hybrid series is apparently set at two years until full delivery; in the meantime, Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe will be developing additional properties for local rollout.

    "Working with budgets that match the scale of our US counterparts, our first series incorporates a unique combination of live backgrounds, 2D and 3D animation," Daniel Lennard, Vice President of Original Series and Development at Cartoon Network Europe, commented. "More importantly The Amazing World of Gumball is a silly, funny & inventive show that will appeal to our core audience of kids; as well as anybody who loves cartoons."

    The Amazing World of Gumball will include additional facets of computer animation and live-action sequencing, targeting Kids 6-11 with its own brand of nonsensical humor. As production begins on forty, eleven-minute installments of the animated television series, the fifteen-person strong development studio gets hard at work on their next project. Their production offshoot, Dandelion Studios, will include twenty-five positions. Show creator Ben Bocquelet, who previously worked in-house as a development artist at the Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe, has relocated to Dandelion Studios to work on the series.
    And before people riot at the mention of “live-action”, it’s just going to be the backgrounds – similar to what “Sit Down, Shut Up” did. Regardless, this series looks and sounds quite bizarre, particularly due to the sentence that I underlined in the quote above. That is certainly an odd cast of characters. I feel that this series has a lot of potential.

    I’ll keep this thread updated as I learn more, but the series likely won’t premiere until late 2011 or 2012.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

  2. #2
    Dr.Pepper's Avatar
    Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In A House
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The girl rabbit reminds me of Panini (sp?) and the two neighbor people remind me of K'Nuckles.

    Anyways, it looks like a show for younger kids (despite the fact it said ages 6-11).
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

  3. #3
    The Huntsman's Avatar
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    6,205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    Anyways, it looks like a show for younger kids (despite the fact it said ages 6-11).
    What makes you say that? I suppose there are some things in the picture that are more commonly associated with younger shows, such as how the mailbox and the sun are happy, but I think that’s just supposed to add to the show’s surrealism. I mean, any show with a tyrannosaurus rex, a banana and a cheerleading peanut as supporting characters is going to be surreal.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

  4. #4
    chdr's Avatar
    chdr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The designs and visual style look really interesting in this one. Hopefully CNUS airs it.

  5. #5
    Daxdiv's Avatar
    Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Unova, AKA Pokémon's NY
    Posts
    9,749
    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks trippy to me, I might watch this on that factor alone. Also the supporting cast sounds nice.

  6. #6
    soundmonkey44's Avatar
    soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, Looks like an interesting show, I don't really know what to think of it, Im sure it will be entertaining, but doesn't really look like somthing that will last too long, but im sure it will be decently enjoyable when it does air.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

  7. #7
    Dr.Pepper's Avatar
    Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In A House
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    What makes you say that? I suppose there are some things in the picture that are more commonly associated with younger shows, such as how the mailbox and the sun are happy, but I think that’s just supposed to add to the show’s surrealism. I mean, any show with a tyrannosaurus rex, a banana and a cheerleading peanut as supporting characters is going to be surreal.
    What is bolded is my reason. I am not saying that it is a show for little kids, it just looked like one when I first saw the picture.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    17,974
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The designs for the characters look nice, yet weird at the same time, and that kind of works for me. I agree that it sounds like a seriously weird show, especially with a tyrannosaurus rex, a banana and a cheerleading peanut as characters, but it also sounds fun. I'll probably check it out just because it sounds so fun and weird.

  9. #9
    WolfGran's Avatar
    WolfGran is offline Sophomore member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THis looks like an interesting show. Of course, you can't judge an entire cartoon just from a screenshot. It's still a work-in-progress.
    WolfGran (formerly YogiBR123) - est. 2008

  10. #10
    The Huntsman's Avatar
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    6,205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve found a lot of information today about various shows. I guess it’s my lucky day. However, out of all of the information that I found, this information was what I was most happy about. For one reason or another I’m really looking forward to this series and this is the first substantial character descriptions now available to the public. I just wish they would have included the information about the banana and the cheerleading peanut.

    Quote Originally Posted by About Gumball
    Gumball is an overly optimistic 10 year old cat with a big heart. The truth is, Gumball is on a quest to discover one thing – just one thing that he is good at. His grades stink. He’s a lousy athlete. He can’t dance. You name it, Gumball can’t do it. So he tried everything at least once. The harder he tried, the more disastrous the result. But does that deter Gumball? No way!
    Quote Originally Posted by About Darwin
    Darwin was the school goldfish, until the day he grew some legs and joined the class as a pupil. Darwin sees the world with wide-eyed innocence and good-natured curiosity. He is Gumball’s best friend. He admires Gumball’s creative ideas and thinks they’re all genius. He is super-positive and tries hard at everything; sadly, his best doesn’t amount to much because he suffers from such a poor memory, a common ailment with goldfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by About Anais
    Anais is Gumball’s little sister. She’s a three year old toddler pink bunny. She’s the most intelligent character in the whole show. Although she has a very sweet nature, she can reveal a malicious side when crossed or frustrated. In spite of her intelligence, she’s still at odds with her baby side and can snap back into gleeful toddler behavior without warning.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Page 1 of 100 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO