Quantcast
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    kiddiekid is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    When does this show air on Cartoon Network US?

Silverstar is offline Doin' the Banana Split
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddiekid View Post
    When does this show air on Cartoon Network US?
    No concrete premiere date has been set yet (as far as I know). The tentative US release date is said to be sometime in late 2011.

While I'm eagerly anticipating Gumball's arrival, I admit that I have some...concerns regarding the show's style and elements. For one thing, I hope the collage of different art and animation styles actually flows together and doesn't come as a random patchwork mish-mashing (mind you, the stop-motion and puppetry kind of worked on Chowder, so maybe I should just give the artists the benefit of the doubt). Second, I really hope that Gumball doesn't fall into the assembly line pigeon hole of being just another "trip-tacular adventures of another pair of dude-pals" show. I have nothing against "bros" or shows about dude-duos, but it would be nice to get a touch of variety once in a while. But again, the press releases have described the show as a sort-of surreal domestic comedy, so hopefully characters like Annais and Gumball's mum will get some some interesting things to do more than once in a blue moon.

I don't know if Gumball will be a revolution of content, but from the looks of it, it definitely will be a revolution of form.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 01-07-2011 at 09:10 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

ThorCoolguy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet another oddball comedy from Cartoon Network. Well, it does look promising.

yamfox is offline IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thing could be Chowder or it could be Fish Hooks. No way of knowing right now.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yamfox View Post
    This thing could be Chowder or it could be Fish Hooks. No way of knowing right now.
    What about Fish Hooks? I haven't been able to watch that, so could you explain what you mean

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post
    What about Fish Hooks? I haven't been able to watch that, so could you explain what you mean
    FishHooks had a lot of potential, but it didn't quite live up to that potential. Regardless, one of the producers for Turner Broadcasting in the UK just tweeted this. High praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Denton
    The Amazing World of Gumball is the best animated comedy I've seen since Spongebob. I'm so excited about launching it.
    I am hoping that, since she is excited about launching it, it means that it will actually be launched soon. At this point, I wouldn't mind if the UK gets the show first, as at least then we could start getting some actual information...
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    • Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    • Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Huntsman! Hm. I guess that was just a weird analogy then, as Chowder also has shown TONS of wasted potential.

... I guess Chowder DID have some amazing episodes that lived up to its full potential (mainly in season one) but there were too many awful episodes to truly call the show great. Despite how much I wish it were.

Also. I know that this show is leaning to be more Americanized, but I'd be surprised to see it premiere here in the US first. (Then again, we did get TDWT before Canada, if I'm not mistaken). In other words, I'm completely fine if it first premieres in the UK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've blogged about the series a second time, and have a new image of the series to show the world. Remember, you can click on any image to see a larger version of it. I still have high hopes for this series and I'm looking forward to its premiere later this year. I'm still trying to figure out who is going to voice the characters, but I'm confident that information will be released soon enough, perhaps at Cartoon Network's upfront in a couple of months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anybody know who Logan Grove is? Some casting website recently mentioned that he completed the first season of The Amazing World Of Gumball, but his resume seems to contain a bunch of live-action shows that I’ve never watched. However, Kwesi Boakye isn’t a traditional voice actor either, so it could be possible. The same casting page also mentions that he got cast for a role on Young Justice, so he seems to be branching out into voice acting. I find the use of non-traditional voice actors intriguing, although I’m not sure which character he voices. Perhaps Gumball? We’ll find out eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kwesi Boakye attended the network’s Hall Of Game awards; this is yet another sign that the network is serious about the series. The article also mentions that it is going to premiere in the United Kingdom this May. Hopefully we get it before then, but if not, May isn’t that long of a wait. I just wish I knew why more people weren’t discussing this series. I know it hasn’t been officially announced, and if that happens at the upfront then perhaps more people will take notice, but still… Hopefully they release some information soon, especially some clips.