Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I shot out another e-mail and I was told that only the three main kids are going to use U.S. talent. The rest of the characters are going to be voiced by London talent. I know Darwin and Gumball are included in the three main kids, and I suspect that Anais might be the third, but I do not know for sure. As I've said before, Kwesi Boakye is providing Darwin's voice.

The tentative premiere date has also been pushed back to late 2011. Disappointing, but not unexpected. The initial press release mentioned a 2011-2012 premiere date, so it's more-or-less on schedule.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This wait is killing me...but at least a U.S. debut of Gumball is still on its' way.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Nexonius is offline Formerly John Dorian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the premise of the series, and I hope CN gives it a good slot.

I'm excited for it.

Neomysterion is offline TZ's Resident Neopets King
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard of this show!!! This series almost reminds of Rocko's Modern Life, only with cute sugarcoated animals and cranky neighbours that look just like Captain K'nuckles!!! This is extremely wild if you ask me. Pinch me, I must be dreaming!!!
    Here is Elsewhere/Animation Revelation/My Twitter/My Facebook
    Neomysterion- TZ's biggest Neopets fan, alive and lurking.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We lost a lot of good posts during the zombie apocalypse. Unfortunate.

chdr posted this video from Cartoon Network Latin America that contains the first actual footage from the series. Unfortunately, it's only three seconds. I believe it's 2:41 to 2:44, if my memory serves me correctly.

Do people remember that first image that was released? They've updated it and released a new version. It's huge, so I'm putting it in spoiler tags, but don't be surprised when it takes up your entire screen. They showed the house that is on the other side of Gumball's, added in a cartoon bush, and there's a flying saucer / hill / whatever with legs running across the town. What fun!

Spoiler:

And this bit of news may come as a negative to most people, but I don't particularly care. On Miss Britain's website, she mentioned that she is going to play a character, an angel who turns into a "super woman". However, the magazine clip that she posted mentioned that it was similar to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and that her voice would be re-dubbed. I suspect that Miss Britain, who has massive muscles, will be showing up in the series as herself. Live-action.

I don't particularly mind if a few characters are live-action. The backgrounds are live-action. The characters are a mixture of 2D and 3D. If there are a few live-action characters, it will just add to the flavor of the world. In the case of Miss Britain above, however, I'm sure it's going to be a brief scene. I'd suspect that the angel is going to be animated, but once she transforms into a super woman, she'll be muscle-bound Miss Britain. Here is a picture of the weightlifting magazine that talked about it. They got some facts wrong, but she confirmed on her website that it was talking about the series.

Gumball tells the story of an ordinary suburban family who just happen to live in an extraordinary town. At the heart of the family is Gumball, an excitable and optimistic blue cat with a flair for misadventure. Each episode will follow him and his best pal, Darwin, as everyday events escalate out of control.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An angel who transforms into a super-woman? A UFO with legs? Looks like this show is going to be bizarre with a capital 'biz'.

But I won't mind the show's being trip-tastic at all if it's genuinely funny and not just "ZOMG, look how random and abstract we're being."
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Butterstar is offline Bring Sakura back to the US!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That animation...so...cute!
    TOONAMI: Every Saturday night on Cartoon Network, 12-6am. No excuses for not watching allowed.

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This show looks weird, really weird. It's sweet and disturbing at the same time.

Doguineta is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh, I thought it was a mountain with legs and pine trees instead of a UFO. Anyways, after I saw that Gumball will show up in my coutry in 2011 (from the video chdr posted), I'm really hyped up for it!!

Kahraizee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doguineta View Post
    Huh, I thought it was a mountain with legs and pine trees instead of a UFO. Anyways, after I saw that Gumball will show up in my coutry in 2011 (from the video chdr posted), I'm really hyped up for it!!
    Yeah, it looked like a walking mountain at first glance, I wonder how huge it really is.