Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    SuperMegaHyper is offline ...I don't even know anymore.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    I can appreciate surrealism when it's executed well, and this series would be a nice change of pace form the aeon flux of action shows that Cartoon Network has been getting. If The Amazing World of Gumball comes to the U.S., I'll check it out.
    I don't think they're any more action shows than comedy shows as far as being recent.
    I am so smart, I am so smart, I am S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T! : Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmm...

Seems interesting. I'm waiting for this show to come to Canada (On Teletoon, hopefully.) so I can watch it.
    Probably the only Tom (Van Beuren) fangirl on the internet. >_>;
    http://tallifer.mybrute.com/
    This is my brute. ^

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Unfortunately, there was no mention of The Amazing World of Gumball at the Cartoon Network 2010 Upfront, so it remains to be seen when (or if) we'll ever be getting the series here in the US.

Pity, I was looking forward to it as well.
    I saw this post in the café and wanted to reply to it. While The Amazing World Of Gumball wasn’t announced at the upfront, Cartoon Network U.S. did register five trademarks for it a few days later. That’s usually a good sign.

I am probably more optimistic about this series than most people, but there is one area that concerns me: James Lamont and Jon Foster, the series’ primary writers, don’t seem to have any experience writing for animated programs - or even children’s programs.

James and Jon are a comedy writing duo based in London. They have just finished writing a 40 episode animated series for Cartoon Network called, "The Amazing World of Gumball" and written and starred in a new sketch series for BBC Comedy Extra.

Recently they have written for series 3 of "The Armstrong and Miller Show" (BBC ONE) "School of Comedy" series 2 (E4) and "Ashen's Tech Dump" (BBC COMEDY EXTRA). Other things they've written for include "The Armstrong and Miller Show" series 2 (BBC ONE), "CFKD" (BBC COMEDY EXTRA), "28 Acts in 28 Minutes" (BBC THREE), "Ball Park Figures" (pilot, COMEDY UNIT), "The Two Wrongies" (pilot, Rough Cut TV), "Road to Hell" (MTV), and the BAFTA nominated "Bryony Makes a Zombie Movie" (BBC THREE).

They're currently developing an adult animated sitcom as well as several other sitcom / sketch projects.
    I’m sure they must have been hired for a reason, but I’m still somewhat concerned. Back when I found those character descriptions, there were some sample lines of dialogue as well. I wasn’t too impressed so I didn’t post them; I shrugged them off as early lines simply taken to allow the cast to audition, but it’s been gnawing at the back of my head ever since. I probably should have posted them, as I no longer have access to them, but it is what it is.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

JBFire is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show looks positively wacky and I like the cut of it's jib. If it's not TOO kiddy feeling, I think it could really make me enjoy watching it.

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know, Huntsman. Bad audition lines aside, I think it opens up something of a wild card opportunity. One of my favorite quotes from that old series "My Favorite Martian" was something to the effect of "An amateur is always more dangerous than a professional, because an amateur doesn't know their own limits! If Alexander Graham Bell had been a professional electrician, he would never have invented the telephone; he would have known it was impossible!"

Take that as you will.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

13thecat is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When is it airing?

WolfGran is offline Sophomore member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13thecat View Post
    When is it airing?
    It was expected to premiere sometime this year, but nothing was announced at the Upfront, so now it's future remains unclear...
    WolfGran (formerly YogiBR123) - est. 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Folks… I believe the surreal factor of this series may have just been taken up to eleven. I found this picture online and while it’s tiny and difficult to see, you can see the bizarre cast of characters. I like the realistic T-Rex, but the banana on the left and the cactus on the right intrigue me. I’m not even sure what half of those characters even are!

I made it a bit bigger on my own, adding visibility at the cost of quality.

I’m really looking forward to this. It’s going to be trippy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WHOA that's cool. This looks more surreal than Rocko's Modern Life and weirder than Adventure Time. The art styles don't clash together and all the designs are original. My mind is racing coming up with possibilities for all those characters. More excited than ever for this now.

I really hope this comes on CN US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe that the name of the series has changed. I’m not going to edit the thread title yet, but recently updated linkedin profiles have the series listed as The Amazing Adventures Of Gumball, and a university in the U.K. recently visited Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe and saw an animatic and they cited that as the name. Here is what one of the students had to say about what they saw.

We watched an animatic for a new cartoon ‘The amazing adventures of Gumball’ which is coming out soon, and I must confess, I enjoyed this a lot and everyone was laughing their heads off. However it (not only had an American boy as the lead character) but was very much in the vein of Spongebob Squarepants in terms of bonkers humour and it’s American style. In fact, I was surprised at just how Americanised a British-made cartoon could be. To the point that you could not tell it apart from an American-made film.
    I asked around and the series isn’t going to be ready to premiere until next year.