Quantcast
Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
    Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I thought the first clip that premiered during the After Party was pretty neat. Really liked the detail to animation when Gumball was pushing Tina's skin. It looked pretty realistic.

The karate clip was also entertaining. Oh kids, I remember doing something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (The Huntsman, here's a comment.)
    Tina is so beautiful. A perfect, photorealistic CGI theropod. I like the dark, detail-attentive lighting they give to the characters when they are trying to take the doll from Tina, along with other examples (such as characters in the car) in the clips presented---the characters blend in with the background, with the 2-D and 3-D contrast being a decorative seam. I find it notable how Gumball's mother's ears' drop when being serious. It is a nice animal-like touch. (I hope the ears of the Thundercats characters are not completely immobile; that the characters, other than the Thunerkittens if I heard correctly, lack any sort of tail is a bit of a disappointment.) Yes, the musical score is nice, and reminiscent of Pixar movies, particularly the Incredibles' jazz style.
    A Code Lyoko forum with more than two hundred members.
    http://cl-evolved.com/index.php

CatChancey is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    She's a peanut, and again, yes. Her name's Penny. Admittedly, I wasn't too thrilled to learn that Gumball has a crush; I'd rather not have to endure a bunch of 'shipper' posts in the talkbacks, but hopefully, that aspect of the show won't be overdone. As with Tina, I hope this shtick is done in moderation.
    Hey, at least they actually like each other. The norm is having the non-reciprocated relationship like Chowder or the love covered by hate schtick from Hey, Arnold.

Also, I hadn't seen this image before, but given the sporadic nature of the show's promo material it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually rather old.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by CatChancey; 04-11-2011 at 11:52 PM.

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the subject of Tina, when I first saw an image of her, I thought she was going to be photorealistic, but not actually animate. Like a cardboard cutout or something. I am honestly and pleasantly surprised that's not the case and that she's just as animated as the other characters.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched some of the clips, and I think I am going to like this show.

Xalugami is offline Monster Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show looks incredible. It's like the melting pot of multiple animation styles, all put together beautifully, and adds extra touches that smooth it out.
    I'm definitely going to add this to my "Must watch" List, and since the promos so far really intrigue me, it will probably stay on that list forever.
    I wonder how long a show like this takes to make.
    I AM ONLY A MAN

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The official facebook page has launched; there should be more official stuff like this in the future, on YouTube or Twitter. They also provide a link to the official website, www.theamazingworldofgumball.com, but it's not up yet. It should be up by Monday, although I'm not sure if there will be geoblocks in place to prevent those of us in the states from watching any new videos they may upload. However, the website will be free of the design restrictions of the US website, so hopefully it will have some more information about the show.

Ben Bocquelet was kind enough to answer some questions of mine. We'll have that interview up sometime next week. I really enjoyed it and I hope that everyone will enjoy it as well.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post

Ben Bocquelet was kind enough to answer some questions of mine. We'll have that interview up sometime next week. I really enjoyed it and I hope that everyone will enjoy it as well.
    Interview you say? Hmm, should be an interesting read and should give this series a bit more exposure on the creative process of Gumball. I look forward to reading it.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Donald Glover just tweeted that the show looks fun, and he has over 200,000 followers. I've been promoting the show since 2009, yet in an instant, he's done more to promote the show than I have. Kind of funny, that. It's already been retweeted about a dozen times, so hopefully awareness about the series will spread.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

CatChancey is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :/ not too happy with what this pic might mean for characterization
    Last edited by The Huntsman; 04-14-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Removing Invalid Image