Quantcast
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
    SammyT is offline I love animals and animation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The more I learn about this show the more excited I get.
    It just seems completely insane. And that is a good thing.
    http://smtfreelance.wordpress.com/

"To be alive is to love, for if you draw breath
    yet have no love inside, then you are DEAD!"

"There are no great stories, only great storytellers."

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you wear 3D glasses Carrie pops out from the screen!
    Last edited by ChildHood90s; 04-01-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My, what a diverse cast of characters...

J!!! is offline You're such a little kid~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show is going to be awesome! Saw a preview of it on youtube today, looks very nice.
    Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star~~~

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am hoping that Cartoon Network will start to promote the series before much longer. They only started advertising Problem Solverz a week before its premiere, but The Looney Tunes Show is already being advertised over a month before it premieres. It doesn’t look like they’re in a hurry to promote Gumball, but I would be happy with – at least – two weeks of promotion. I’m concerned on a number of levels. Its second season was primarily a European decision. I’m still not sure how dedicated our Cartoon Network is to its success; the after party and the upfront were good signs, but the 7:30 PM timeslot has me weary. I don’t think most people even tune in until 8:00 PM, so Gumball has a difficult road ahead of it. At least the editor of mipblog thinks that the series will be a huge success, but he started that article by saying he’s not very good at predicting things… and then goes on to say, essentially, that he’s seen less of the series than I have. Why make a prediction at all under such circumstances? I know the author of that blog has more experience than he gives on, being the editor of the official blog for MIPCOM and its related events, so hopefully his prediction turns out to be true.

For my money a couple of interesting and innovative things are going to happen this year. First, one of Cartoon Networks’ new shows is going to take off, big time. It’s Cartoon Network’s turn. They have been bumping along the bottom in the ratings league for a while now with only Ben 10 to challenge the suffocating dominance of Spongebob and Wizards of Waverly Place. I exaggerate but the argument stands.

What’s exciting is that Cartoon Network have nothing to lose, they have to innovate because if they produce ‘just another show’ it will do little more than OK in the ratings but will not propel them past the competition. It may be The Amazing World of Gumball that pops (I haven’t seen it yet but there is a good buzz around the show). It’s an intriguing mix of 2D and 3D animation in a live-action world and, by all accounts, very funny:
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    I am hoping that Cartoon Network will start to promote the series before much longer. They only started advertising Problem Solverz a week before its premiere, but The Looney Tunes Show is already being advertised over a month before it premieres. It doesn’t look like they’re in a hurry to promote Gumball, but I would be happy with – at least – two weeks of promotion. I’m concerned on a number of levels. Its second season was primarily a European decision. I’m still not sure how dedicated our Cartoon Network is to its success; the after party and the upfront were good signs, but the 7:30 PM timeslot has me weary. I don’t think most people even tune in until 8:00 PM, so Gumball has a difficult road ahead of it. At least the editor of mipblog thinks that the series will be a huge success, but he started that article by saying he’s not very good at predicting things… and then goes on to say, essentially, that he’s seen less of the series than I have. Why make a prediction at all under such circumstances? I know the author of that blog has more experience than he gives on, being the editor of the official blog for MIPCOM and its related events, so hopefully his prediction turns out to be true.
    Considering both MAD and Regular Show only had less than a month of promotion and still did well, I'm sure they'll be able to put in the right amount of ads (and while Problem Solverz was only advertised a few weeks before the premiere, ads for the show are everywhere so I guess that evens it out). While we usually don't get the ratings for 7pm, Scooby-Doo and Johnny Test usually do really well at that hour, sometimes getting higher numbers than Adventure Time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gumball - Logan Grove

Darwin - Kwesi Boakye

Anais - Kyla Rae Kowalewski

Nicole (Gumball's Mother) - Teresa Gallagher

Richard (Gumball's Father) - Dan Russell
    These are the voice actors, at least for Gumball and his family. Frankly, I’ve never heard of these people before this series. Granted, only the three children are voiced by US talent, with the rest of the characters being voiced by talent from the UK, but it’s still unusual for them to cast three non-traditional voice actors. I think it will turn out alright, as based on what little I’ve seen, the children sound solid. I hope that Cartoon Network will get the site up soon.

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I really haven't heard enough of the kids to judge, but they sounded OK, based on what little I have heard. Sometimes hiring non-traditional voice actors can work in a show's favor, provided the actors are talented and possess the right sound.

I haven't seen any animated clips featuring the parents yet, so I have no idea what they sound like, only the voices that I've assigned them in my head. Since only Gumball, Darwin and Anais will be voiced by American actors, it'll be interesting hear how the other characters sound in relation to them.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Neil Myers updated his website and a second orchestral piece for the series can be heard. Cartoon Network is also still working on the website, uploading more images, so hopefully it goes up soon with some new clips.

Nobody² is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)