Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    The website is up; they only have one new clip up at the moment, but I really like it. It has Gumball introducing himself. Hopefully there are more like that for the other key characters.
    Nice. Can't wait to see the other videos, when they're up.

Really, I think it's high time that CN started promoting the show on TV. The Amazing World of Gumball is an all-new show with an all-new cast, as opposed to The Looney Tunes Show, which while new, is based on an existing and established property. Furthermore, 7:30 PM isn't the most desirable time slot for a show, so I think that Gumball would benefit from all the exposure and promotion that CN can give it. I hope the show succeeds, but Gumball has uphill battle ahead of it.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Nobody² is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The website is up; they only have one new clip up at the moment, but I really like it. It has Gumball introducing himself. Hopefully there are more like that for the other key characters.
    New redesign looks good can't wait until all of CN website is done this way....

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, May 9th's the premiere?

Dang, that music in the background is just so adorable.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Cartoon Network did air the promo for Gumball after Problem Solvers. I missed it when it aired earlier, as I was writing my post in the talkback thread, but I caught the west coast feed and it was there. It’s the same promo that is currently online, but for them to be promoting it five weeks before the premiere is a good sign. Hopefully they’ll keep the advertisements going in the weeks to come, and get additional clips uploaded as well.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's good is that the show is TV-Y7. Something I wish The Looney Tunes Show would've gotten (sorry for being a broken record). I'll be tuning in to both of these shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kidscreen.com has an article about the series and Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe on their website. It has a couple of interesting factoids.

...Daniel Lennard, VP of original series and development, explains that the project was pulled from a crop of ideas conceived by the studio’s staff. When the studio, owned by Turner Broadcasting, settled on Gumball, Lennard says it spent nine months just fleshing out the concept before attempting to complete the first frame of animation...

...Lennard explains that Turner’s extensive testing involved the time-consuming and expensive process of dubbing finished episodes into French, Italian, Spanish and Polish to really get a concrete take on how the series would perform all over the world, as well as in the US. He says the characters, fresh humor and high dose of visual slapstick make the show work across languages and territories. He adds that the test results also helped Gumball nab a great slot on Cartoon Network US’s Monday night comedy block...
    We already knew that the series had tested well, but it seems they tested it more extensively than most would have thought. Hopefully all of that work translates to great ratings.

The studio is also working on two new shows and are looking for partners. I wish them the best of luck.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for always keeping us updated! I think I'm going to save that article, because it's great learning how much effort went into this show to get it off the ground. I wish Cartoon Network Europe the best of luck with their other two projects! Man... if they keep up this level of dedication and love for their cartoons... just thinking about Gumball's level of quality and dedication towards the rest of the European studio's shows gets me so excited for the future projects Cartoon Network Europe produces. I hope they develop some great animated talent over there in Europe! :anime:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to express my gratitude for your interest.
    You guys are awesome.
    I hope that you will enjoy the show.
    We made it for children and kids like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bocquelet View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to express my gratitude for your interest.
    You guys are awesome.
    I hope that you will enjoy the show.
    We made it for children and kids like you.
    And the children at heart. Thank you for creating such a wonderful looking show and I am counting down to the premiere with great anticipation. The two clips that Cartoon Network has released have been generating positive buzz so far, and the discussions on various forums seem to be equally positive. Hopefully that will help it get a ton of viewers when it premieres. I will continue to do what I can to spread the word, and once the European website launches in a the next week or two, there should be more for people to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And the children at heart. Thank you for creating such a wonderful looking show and I am counting down to the premiere with great anticipation. The two clips that Cartoon Network has released have been generating positive buzz so far, and the discussions on various forums seem to be equally positive. Hopefully that will help it get a ton of viewers when it premieres. I will continue to do what I can to spread the word, and once the European website launches in a the next week or two, there should be more for people to see.
    Thanks to you dear Huntsman. It feels my heart with optimism when I check this forum. We're preparing a lot of stuff right now, I hope that you'll enjoy it. It's great to have you on our side.

SuperMegaHyper is offline ...I don't even know anymore.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa Ben's on the forums now!

Good to see we're still noticed by the animation community. Anyway It looks pretty awesome so far dude, like what Huntsman said most the buzz about the recent clips have been mostly positive. We're counting down the days until the premiere in May.
    I am so smart, I am so smart, I am S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T! : Homer Simpson

Spaceman is offline I Am Here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this is awesome. Glad to have you here, Ben!

I've always been interested in this show, but I have even more faith knowing that the show creators are paying attention to our feedback. CN must have a lot of faith too for them to greenlit a second season.
    Favorite Cartoons/Anime of the 2010s: Adventure Time, Regular Show, MLP:FiM, Gravity Falls, Motorcity, Tron Uprising, Green Lantern: TAS Sym-Bionic Titan, Durarara!!, PMMM, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, Free!

"After all, I have no heart or time to spare."
    Mikasa Ackerman (SNK 48)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HOLY KANKRELATS.* A show creator is on the board?
    Pleased to meet you. I thought of The Amazing World of Gumball positively before when I saw the clip, but to see a show creator talking to the fans....I am even more inclined to tune in on its premiere.

Anyway, to be more specific and analytical, I find it interesting how the mother works and the father stays at home. There's nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home-dad. I am also glad there is a fish character. Shows with animal characters typically (SpongeBob SquarePants and Fish Hooks are the exceptions) do not have fish characters. Good thing there is some variety here. I wonder where Darwin acquired shoes fit for fish fins...or, silly me, cartoon physics do not equal reality physics, maybe they simply appeared spontaneously. I wonder why Gumball has fangs when his mother does (or seems to) not...maybe he partly inherited his father's teeth. The mixed media is appealing too. Television series utilizing live action (backgrounds) have never looked so good. Strange learning the studio you (Mr. Bocquelet) is half of my name. (Dandelion Studios)

If bananas (and many other things) can be sentient....then I have no idea how the characters can feel guiltless when eating fruit.

Sorry I am incoherent and irrelevant. (I think I am...) I am simply so excited to speak with someone that makes the stuff I see on television. It is like talking to a divinity among us mortals.

*(No, it is not a bad word, it is a quasi-mechanical, vaguely roach-like monster.)
    A Code Lyoko forum with more than two hundred members.
    http://cl-evolved.com/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoon Network has uploaded two more clips, one of which being the full version of the Hall of Game preview. I have high hopes for this series, but after watching these, my hopes have skyrocketed even further. It looks great. It’s one of the most adorable things that I have ever seen and it seems like it will be very funny. I particularly enjoyed the karate clip and I hope they upload more, but either way, I can’t wait for the premiere.

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got CNUK's May schedule. It's premiering over here on May 2nd at 10am, 2pm, 4.30pm and 8pm.

Not sure if it's the same episode, or different ones.

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

RagnarokSM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, so I have a question, will this show be 11 minutes, or will the Monday line-up delete a show for this half-hour beauty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokSM View Post
    Ok, so I have a question, will this show be 11 minutes, or will the Monday line-up delete a show for this half-hour beauty?
    I have been told that the intent is to air it in half-hour batches, so Cartoon Network shouldn't split them up. I prefer it that way. Of course, it only gives us twenty weeks worth of new episodes instead of forty, but I never liked how Cartoon Network divided up premieres for Chowder and Flapjack. I just wish more people would actually participate in this thread. I really enjoyed the two new clips today. I thought more people would have had things to say about them.

RagnarokSM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been told that the intent is to air it in half-hour batches, so Cartoon Network shouldn't split them up. I prefer it that way. Of course, it only gives us twenty weeks worth of new episodes instead of forty, but I never liked how Cartoon Network divided up premieres for Chowder and Flapjack. I just wish more people would actually participate in this thread. I really enjoyed the two new clips today. I thought more people would have had things to say about them.
    Oh, sorry, sorry. I just viewed them myself and have a couple questions from the little tidbit. Is Tina actually part of the school? Is that girl with the coconut head Gumball's love interest? I know most of these questions will be answered when the show premiers, but I just wanted to know.

But, I did enjoy the humor of the show, especially when the dinosaur woke up, I was all like "OMFG, IT'S OVER NOW!!" Then the clip just ended, which made me sad, but excited for the show. And when Gumball kicked the wall and the picture fell on him, also, when he did a moonsault-into-faceplant. Lol

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I try to comment on things when I can, but really, there's not a lot say. OK, maybe a few things:

I saw the new clips this afternoon, and found them cute. It's clear that Gumball is skewing toward a younger demographic than say, Regular Show or The Problem Solverz, and that's a good thing, since every animated comedy on CN can't or shouldn't skew towards the "dude-bro" crowd.

Based on what seen and heard, it appears that all of the kid characters are going to be voiced by actual kids. I'm not against this particular practice, but it can be a double-edged sword: while getting actual children to voice child characters does add an air of authenticity, there are only so many Shirley Temples out there, plus hiring real kids comes back to bite shows should they go on for years, for the simple fact that children grow up. On the up side, however, the kids chosen here sound talented enough, so that shouldn't be a problem for now. It just seems weird hearing actual kid voices coming out of the mouths of thingies like bananas, peanuts and paper cutouts.

The clips have also left me with a seemingly more positive opinion of the show's title character. At first I was worried that Gumball was going to be a blandly vanilla "everykid", or worse yet, Johnny Test obnoxious, but so far I'm actually finding him to be somewhat engaging. Another good thing; it's hard for me to get into a show when its' main character rubs me the wrong way.

Finally, I really think that Cartoon Network should be doing more to promote this show. They've only started airing promos for it and it's usually the exact same spot over and over again, a far cry from the PR blitzkrieg that CN unleashed when it was promoting Adventure Time. I enjoyed the spot they made for Gumball himself; it would be nice if the other Watersons got spotlight promos as well, but given that the show focuses mainly on the kids, Gumball and Darwin in particular, I guess that's not going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokSM
    Is Tina actually part of the school?
    Yes. She's the school bully. I will say, while I generally disdain bully characters on kids' shows, it is a unique take on the trope: rather than going with the standard "Gimme your lunch money!" archetype, this bully is a giant, non-anthropomorphic predatory monster. And, it's a female on top of that. As long as that idea isn't overdone, it should provide some laughs.

Is that girl with the coconut head Gumball's love interest?
    She's a peanut, and again, yes. Her name's Penny. Admittedly, I wasn't too thrilled to learn that Gumball has a crush; I'd rather not have to endure a bunch of 'shipper' posts in the talkbacks, but hopefully, that aspect of the show won't be overdone. As with Tina, I hope this shtick is done in moderation.

For those wanting to be in the know, there's a whole page of character descriptions on the web page for the show; Huntsman also posted them here a few pages back.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-11-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched the clips, and...

..dat musical score .

Feels like a Pixar movie or something!

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast