Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bunai is offline ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

While the older ones seemed to focus on the fact that animals don't move their lips to express themselves, this one does, so it is indeed a bit odd.

I saw the episode with the mice taking over the house. lol kind of gross, but the mice are cute. And it really shows just how lazy Garfield is. Because he certainly isn't a cat with a kind heart, but he is likable.

As for Nermal, he always had an ego, and there was never much focus on him to begin with. So I guess this new show is trying to expand on his personality. But I never considered him an underhanded type of character... just really really annoying and cute.
    -Believe It~! Eng Naruto / Manko...? Ebichu
    -Theres no yaoi going on with Vegeta.Brian Drummond
    -You know what pisses me off?The fact that people no longer need to be intelligent to operate a computer.StreamjumperGaia
    -Enjoy Hell, rule breakers. Or, whatever this alchemic afterlife is called.Vyse
    -
    And here comes Aizen with his heaving cleavage hench hoochies.trance2009

GC13 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just caught Underwater World and Family Picture. Of the two, I gotta say that Family Picture was the only funny one. Underwater world was just bad.

Garfield's voice drove me up the wall. "That sounds alright, but it's so much like Bo when he's imitating Garfield on Garfield and Friends." Well, I checked Garfield's voice actor, and sure enough he voiced Bo on Garfield and Friends.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GC13 View Post
    Garfield's voice drove me up the wall. "That sounds alright, but it's so much like Bo when he's imitating Garfield on Garfield and Friends." Well, I checked Garfield's voice actor, and sure enough he voiced Bo on Garfield and Friends.
    That would be Frank Welker the same guy who voice Courious George.

If you ask me, all the various character (not the other main characters) in the show is best off being voice by actor from the Ocean Group squadrent.
    , , ,
    Don't mess with the Best

skippy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been catching this show on my DVR because I'm usually at work while it's on, but man, this show is just downright incredible! I'm loving the humor in this show and the guy who does the voice of Garfield is so good at it that there are times when I could swear I'm listening to Lorenzo Music, it's so enjoyable. Hopefully 'Toon realizes that they have a hit on their hands and with the ratings around and above 2.0 on some days I can see this series lasting for quite some time as long as no stupid moves are made by CN and their top dogs. My only concern is that they will blow through all the premiers and the series will fall into reruns in no time, hopefully that won't be the case but it's almost inevitable, but it could be changed by 'Toon moving premiers into Har Har ThArsday every week.
    Join my friends You Are Here Twitter page dedicated to Cartoon Network's premier action block! www.Twitter.com/YouAreHereBlock

toonfan2003 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommypezmaster View Post
    That would be Frank Welker the same guy who voice Courious George.
    Frank Welker is also infamous for the voice of Fred Jones on Scooby Doo since 1969.

But that was probably an obvious statement which is why you probably didnt mention it. But then again, maybe you did overlook it.

AnimationX is offline R.I.P Tangath Toborn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone see the Christmas episode? I really enjoyed it and thought it was kind of cute, and while it didn't feel like a true Christmas "special", it felt like a great episode with some nice holiday overtones and I am sure CN will add it to it's yearly lineup of Christmas themed episodes for now on. The episode that aired after (when I saw it anyway) was an episode that revolved around John making Odie a cake for his birthday, the cake got screwed up because John was switching between a horror movie and a cooking show and ended up creating a man-eating monster cake, it was pretty funny.

Anyone see the episode where Nermal was getting all these sweets and foods for being a cute cat and Garfield posed as a superhero so he could take advantage of Nermal to get the food for himself? That was one of my favorite episodes.
    Last edited by AnimationX; 12-30-2009 at 09:36 AM.

hezzy is offline What Time Is It?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this show The Humor Garfield's Personality The Animation And some of the random stuff i would give it an 9/10
    Check Out My Youtube Page For Bumpers and rebrands and custom made content
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Publowle

Bunai is offline ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimationX View Post
    Did anyone see the Christmas episode? I really enjoyed it and thought it was kind of cute,
    Yeah, Odie and Nermal should team up more often.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimationX View Post
    John making Odie a cake for his birthday, the cake got screwed up because John was switching between a horror movie and a cooking show and ended up crating a man-eating monster cake, it was pretty funny.
    Lol, I felt bad that it exploded into Muffins.
    ==

Though I think this show pushes it too far with the Odie abuse.
    -Believe It~! Eng Naruto / Manko...? Ebichu
    -Theres no yaoi going on with Vegeta.Brian Drummond
    -You know what pisses me off?The fact that people no longer need to be intelligent to operate a computer.StreamjumperGaia
    -Enjoy Hell, rule breakers. Or, whatever this alchemic afterlife is called.Vyse
    -
    And here comes Aizen with his heaving cleavage hench hoochies.trance2009

YamiMario is offline Gunhare
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CN Scandinavia was one of the first to get this show. While I haven't watched a whole lot of it, from what I have seen, it's pretty bland. The animation is decent though, but the show itself could be better. It doesn't really have the same charm as the strips or Garfield and Friends.

I'm sure it could evolve into something good, though.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw a great episode of The Garfield Show this morning, it had Odie transforming into a monster and getting revenge on a bully dog in his neighborhood and then Garfield ended up transforming into a similar monster at the end of the episode, really good stuff in my opinion and I can totally see why people are enjoying this show so much. It's on at kind of a silly time but I'm usually able to catch it if I'm lucky, hopefully it get's more evening airings in the future or once new episodes pick up again if they haven't already.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No matter it's faults, the show is still much better than the direct to dvds that preceded it, imho. Those things were just bizarre.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mario500 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have watched most of the new episodes of "The Garfield Show" since the Cartoon Network began presenting them on February 28th, 2011. I liked the program since its first run by the Cartoon Network. It may not be as great as "Garfield & Friends", but it's still an interesting and entertaining adaptation of the "Garfield" newspaper cartoons.

My favorite episodes from the first group of episodes were "High Scale" (I liked replaying the dream scene of the scale talking like Dr. Claw of "Inspector Gadget), "Time Twist" (the automobile driven by Garfield and its owner were inspired by the "Back to the Future" movies), "Time Master" (I like stories about time such as those involving the ability to stop time), and "Virtualodeon" (it reminded me of "The Lasagna Zone" episode of "Garfield & Friends, as they both had Garfield trapped in a TV set).

I thought "The Garfield Show" had become better with the latest run of episodes and some of the humor reminded me of the previous series with characters aware they are part of a TV series. So far, the only episode I did not like during the current run was "The Great Pizza Race", as it featured Garfield taking advantage of Vito and his pizza service by playing a recording of Jon ordering pizza and making Vito's job tougher so he would arrive late with the pizza free of charge each time. All I could think about was the abuse Vito was taking and how Garfield could treat him this way. I thought they interacted very well with each other.

I will continue to watch the latest episodes in spite of episodes like "The Great Pizza Race". It is one episode I would ignore the next time the Cartoon Network presents it.

Daffyfan2003 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    What is the deal with Garfield's lips moving when he talks? That is going take getting used to.
    Yeah. I agree with that. That was even referenced a few times in "Garfield and Friends." Once when a dog told Garfield to 'Read his lips' and Garfield replied, 'I can't. They're like mine. They don't move.' Plus there was an ep where a lot of intentional mistakes were made and in one scene Garfield's lips moved when they shouldn't have. They can't even do jokes like that on this show. That's a shame.

Did anyone see the Christmas episode? I really enjoyed it and thought it was kind of cute,
    Now that one I didn't see. I'm sure it would be hard to top Garfield's famous Christmas special, but it might be worth watching. If it's online anywhere, let me know.

As for the voices, I do agree that they should have gotten the old cast back. We know Lorenzo Music is deceased so Garfield had to be recast, but I don't know why they couldn't have brought back Thom Huge for Jon. As for Nermal, well Jason Marsden is a talented actor, but Desiree Goytee really brought some life to Nermal on G&F. I often wonder about that.
    Kenny
    Ma Arbuckle: You weren't thinking of putting chili powder in my sausage gravy now, were you, grandma?
    Grandma: No. Heavens to betsy, child. Why would you think such a thing? Just because my chili gravy won a blue ribbon at the county fair and yours didn't even place. Who am I to tell you how to make sausage gravy? The Green County gravy champion, that's who.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyfan2003 View Post
    Yeah. I agree with that. That was even referenced a few times in "Garfield and Friends." Once when a dog told Garfield to 'Read his lips' and Garfield replied, 'I can't. They're like mine. They don't move.' Plus there was an ep where a lot of intentional mistakes were made and in one scene Garfield's lips moved when they shouldn't have. They can't even do jokes like that on this show. That's a shame.
    I agree, Garfield/the other animals moving their lips seems awkward to me, especially since they still seem to keep with the usual idea that Jon, Liz, etc. can't understand Garfield. (The end of one episode---the one with the turkey---where it seemed Jon and Liz were laughing at a joke Garfield just told---was particularly awkward).

Now that one I didn't see. I'm sure it would be hard to top Garfield's famous Christmas special, but it might be worth watching. If it's online anywhere, let me know.
    It was a nice episode, though wonder if, when they dub the show, it's with *British* English in mind (they kept calling it a "railway station" vs "railroad station")...

As for the voices, I do agree that they should have gotten the old cast back. We know Lorenzo Music is deceased so Garfield had to be recast, but I don't know why they couldn't have brought back Thom Huge for Jon. As for Nermal, well Jason Marsden is a talented actor, but Desiree Goytee really brought some life to Nermal on G&F. I often wonder about that.
    Think one reason for Nermal's change is the confusion/complaints about Nermal in "Garfield and Friends" sounding like (or *being*) a girl. Thus, here (along with the direct to video movies, etc.) Nermal sounds like a young boy...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter
    Facebook

Chaotix12345 is offline Let's-a Go! Ku Ku Ku!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd definitely say that this show has gotten a lot better with Season 2. It was already a decent show, but these newer episodes seem to have much more fun with their plots/concepts. I especially liked this bit from a recent episode:

*Jon sees Prof. Bonkers*

Jon - "Hey, I know you! You're that guy who zapped my cat into the TV!"

Bonkers - ???

Odie - "Huh?"

Garfield - "The animators are reusing another character design from last season."

That made me laugh so hard.
    Last edited by Chaotix12345; 03-23-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Daffyfan2003 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonynotes View Post
    Think one reason for Nermal's change is the confusion/complaints about Nermal in "Garfield and Friends" sounding like (or *being*) a girl. Thus, here (along with the direct to video movies, etc.) Nermal sounds like a young boy...
    Yeah. I kind of agree with that. I would have assumed Nermal to be a girl if it weren't for Garfiled and other characters calling him a boy in the comics and on "Garfield and Friends." At least you can clearly tell that Marsden's Nermal is a boy. That still doesn't 'splain the change in Jon's voice though. I wonder what Thom Huge is doing these days. Maybe it has to do with his availability.
    Kenny
    Ma Arbuckle: You weren't thinking of putting chili powder in my sausage gravy now, were you, grandma?
    Grandma: No. Heavens to betsy, child. Why would you think such a thing? Just because my chili gravy won a blue ribbon at the county fair and yours didn't even place. Who am I to tell you how to make sausage gravy? The Green County gravy champion, that's who.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    I'd definitely say that this show has gotten a lot better with Season 2. It was already a decent show, but these newer episodes seem to have much more fun with their plots/concepts. I especially liked this bit from a recent episode:

*Jon sees Prof. Bonkers*

Jon - "Hey, I know you! You're that guy who zapped my cat into the TV!"

Bonkers - ???

Odie - "Huh?"

Garfield - "The animators are reusing another character design from last season."

That made me laugh so hard.
    Whoa, that actually does sound funny. Almost makes me want to give this show a second chance.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone still enjoying this show? I sure am! I try to watch it in the mornings at 10am whenever I'm around and sometimes I'll be lucky enough to catch a Saturday showing as well, but I don't get to catch this show nearly as much as I'd like to. The 2nd season which aired recently was really good, in my opinion, and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first season when that aired, I'm hoping there is a 3rd season which will air but I haven't heard anything so I'm doubting that there will be.

Anyone hear anything about a possible 3rd season?

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still love the show and I hope it gets renewed again.

Dixie_Chick89 is offline Clemont fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoy this show a lot & hope it gets a third season.
    The future's now, thanks to science!~Clemont

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast