Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Just watched today episode, and I liked what I saw. I personally prefer the "Perfect Pizza" short over the "A Game of Cat and Mouse" I would watch more of this show if given the time.

zimbach is offline Nice Jigglypuffs! ˇ<(^o^<)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    What is the deal with Garfield's lips moving when he talks? That is going take getting used to.
    For that matter, what is the deal with Jon's lips moving when he talks? I get that it's dubbed, animated originally for French, but it looks REALLY awkward.

They probably should have kept the lip flaps obscured, or at least simplified, like those various mumbly pan-European cartoon releases.
    Love means never having to say "That's disgusting!"
    Eschew obfuscation!

AnimationX is offline R.I.P Tangath Toborn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems like this is a hit amung the CN fans here, hopefully Cartoon Network keeps the show at it's current timeslot and does not pull some crap and deathslot the show or remove it entirely. I hope the ratings for the show are pretty good and warrant the network to keep it on the air, and to think, I thought I was going to hate this show with a passion.

Matthew Hunter is offline Super Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw the second half of an episode of this on Friday before I went to work, the "Pizza" episode. The plot was kind of cliched, but I thought the animation was MUCH better than that awful "Garfield Gets Real!" movie...and the voice for Garfield was close enough to Lorenzo Music's original. I didn't really care for Jon's voice, and I'm pretty sure Tom Huge, his original voice artist, is still around, so they should have gotten him.

I'd have to see more to know for sure, but it seems better than 90 percent of the other stuff CN's airing now.
    Golden Age Cartoons!

-----------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbach View Post
    For that matter, what is the deal with Jon's lips moving when he talks? I get that it's dubbed, animated originally for French, but it looks REALLY awkward.

They probably should have kept the lip flaps obscured, or at least simplified, like those various mumbly pan-European cartoon releases.
    Well zoombie's problem (I believe) has more to do with Garfield generally being portrayed as thinking and not talking and that his actually talking will take some getting use to.

Anyway i agree that the show is better then expected.

Mark Evanier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the nice words about The Garfield Show. We're having a lot of fun producing it, currently working on the second season.

The show is not animated in French and dubbed into English. We write it and record it in English.

Jim Davis made the decision some time ago that Garfield's lips would move when he spoke to camera or to other animals. It took some getting used-to for me too, but now I think it was the right move.

I loved Thom Huge's work as Jon and it took me a bit of time to grow accustomed to Wally Wingert in the role...but I've come to really like Wally. The only downside of working with him is that he has to leave our recording sessions by 2:30 because he announces The Jay Leno Show every night.

And I'd certainly like to see the show in a better time slot. But right now, I'm just happy it's turning up in the TV listings. My TiVo didn't know it was on for its entire first week.

zimbach is offline Nice Jigglypuffs! ˇ<(^o^<)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Evanier View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the nice words about The Garfield Show. We're having a lot of fun producing it, currently working on the second season.

The show is not animated in French and dubbed into English. We write it and record it in English.

Jim Davis made the decision some time ago that Garfield's lips would move when he spoke to camera or to other animals. It took some getting used-to for me too, but now I think it was the right move....
    It's always great to hear from the creative staff of the shows we discuss. Welcome!

But if you are animating the lips to the English script, they do look a bit strange and out of sync, like they're saying "oo" or whistling much more often than what's called for. Not trying to tell you how to do your job, just saying it looked weird to me.
    Love means never having to say "That's disgusting!"
    Eschew obfuscation!

imSleepy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I, personally, loved the show. It felt very simple and the animation was better than what I expected. Garfield's lips moving is pretty awkward to see, but probably most people will get use to it. Too bad not a lot of it will be shown this week due to Johnny Test.
    Zzzzzz (wakes up)
    Huh?
    Must have been sleep posting

Hey please visit http://www.forevernintendo.com. Help the forums there grow by joining. Look for me, Imagoodbrawler

Rho
    Rho is offline 12 - 6 cloud?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People were probably thinking it was originally in French because it had premiered first almost a year ago in France. (Why it took so long to get to the USA baffles me)

On Saturday, they'll air 3 (technically 6) episodes straight at noon. I just hope CN wisely decides to put it at a better timeslot.
    "I told you global warming was bogus."
    "Stop watching Fox News!"

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rho View Post
    People were probably thinking it was originally in French because it had premiered first almost a year ago in France. (Why it took so long to get to the USA baffles me)
    I had assumed that it was originally French because the series is made in France, at least for the most part. The production diary states as much.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast