Rho
    Rho is offline 12 - 6 cloud?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gormiti: The Lords of Nature Return - Series Talkback

Like This Thread!

Premieres: Monday October 5th at 6:00AM
    Repeats: None.

The ONLY airings of this show are at 6:00AM on weekdays. Literally. And if you miss an episode, don't hope for a rerun.
    Last edited by Rho; 10-06-2009 at 10:21 PM.
    "I told you global warming was bogus."
    "Stop watching Fox News!"

Ultra8 is offline Now all I/You can do
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw a few minutes of it just now....on the one hand it looks like your basic kids turn into heroes/monsters bit(ala Digimon Frontier) on the other hand it was made by Marathon but on the other hand it has Melissa Fahn as a voice actress.

Hmmm....I'll have to finish watching and get back when I have an oppinion.
    Toonami 1997-2008/2012 -
    Darkseid Facts:4. Darkseid is the reason Waldo is hiding.
    "Sore wa himitsu desu."

"There is no front or behind! Only your destruction!!" - Ashuramaru, SDGundam
    "Yopopoi! Tupopoi! Supopopopoi!" -Yopopo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good thing I have Satellite so I can catch this show on the Cartoon network that airs three hours later. So I can watch this tomorrow. Still I don't really like Marathon's shows.

Silver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw it this morning before I went to school. I kind of like it so far, I just need to see more episodes before I have a full opinion about it. One of the characters sounds like Dan Green, at least to me it does.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow. This show wasn't that exciting to watch in my opinion. I got up and started to watch it and it looked a little rushed at first. Then, it just lost me at some places. I'm sure that they're going to explain how the kids discovered how they discovered the way to Gorm and how they met that green lizard that looked like Dewey from the Land Before Time series.

The action scenes weren't that exciting and none of the characters really stood out to me. I feel like I need to give this show a couple of more episodes but I don't have initiative for it.

To be honest, I still don't know what the overall plot of the series is. I would assume that their going to fight the fire monsters though.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Only caught the last two minutes of it due to the timeslot, so I do want to say this...

There is absolutely NO reason why I should see the "Series Premiere" bar at 6am. I've said it before and I'll say it again: way to drop the ball on this one, CN.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Justy is offline Now you see me...now you don't
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Caught this one this morning and I'd say it's promising if not great. I myself like most of Marathon's shows and this one's no exception. The animation is reminiscent of their other 2D shows (Totally Spies!, Martin Mystery, Team Galaxy) although the characters are a bit younger (probably about 10 or so). I don't expect a ton of character development but we'll see. I too would like to see some eps covering how they acquired their machinery and powers--hopefully, we won't have to wait too long. The most interesting aspect might be the fact that from episode to episode, a different member will stay behind and work the machinery while the others will go do the fighting. Prety neat...

Putting this show on at 6 am harkens back to the days when Sailor Moon aired in a similar slot. A pretty clueless move, CN. While the show is clearly aimed at the under 12 crowd, the art style's somewhat anime-influenced (like most of Marathon's shows). There's no reason this couldn't have aired later in the morning (or afternoon) or even on Saturday morning. It's clear that CN's focus is on their most successful (and expensive) shows at the expense of any new, unproven ones. Lazy scheduling seems to be the rule nowadays when it comes to children's/young teen's programming (marathons, multiple airings, etc.).

The potential of a block of adventure shows like this is really untapped. I can think of quite a few series that could be aired during a two-hour block that would really work well, including the fifth season of Totally Spies!, Di-gata Defenders, Huntik, Eon Kid, Monster Allergy, and Magi-Nation (although that might show up during Cookie Jar's block on THIS TV at some point). It's a real shame that the networks are only concerned with their bottom lines and milking as much advertising revenue from their highest rated (or most costly) shows and those that have historically done well (I'm talking about you, Scooby-Doo...hey...it rhymes!) while shoving newer stuff to lousy timeslots where they can't possibly perform that well.
    CosmoP Justy
    Shadow Moderator, AnimeMetro.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show has Saturday crush zone written all over it yet instead it's given the six am spot (which means it airs at five or four depending on where you live) My god is that a dumb move. I'm most a fam of Marathon's formumatic style but I would still watch this show if it was given a decent time slot. I find it interesting that it's 2D and not CGI when the characters and feel actually make it more reminicent of Monster Buster Club then marathon's other shows.

Really the early half of Saturday Crush zone is building up quite nicely, sure shows are not great but they are new episodes and the block feels reminicent of an eighties Saturday morning cartoon block. This show would fit right at hime there. Weekdays at six is a waste even for an average show by an average company.

Milligan is offline The Commander of Neo Arcadia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    Putting this show on at 6 am harkens back to the days when Sailor Moon aired in a similar slot. A pretty clueless move, CN. While the show is clearly aimed at the under 12 crowd, the art style's somewhat anime-influenced (like most of Marathon's shows). There's no reason this couldn't have aired later in the morning (or afternoon) or even on Saturday morning. It's clear that CN's focus is on their most successful (and expensive) shows at the expense of any new, unproven ones. Lazy scheduling seems to be the rule nowadays when it comes to children's/young teen's programming (marathons, multiple airings, etc.).

It's a real shame that the networks are only concerned with their bottom lines and milking as much advertising revenue from their highest rated (or most costly) shows and those that have historically done well (I'm talking about you, Scooby-Doo...hey...it rhymes!) while shoving newer stuff to lousy timeslots where they can't possibly perform that well.
    I haven't seen it, but I could see Gormiti doing well on Saturday Crush at least. I could see it weven outperforming Bakugan if it's that good. Not holding my breath here...

See, this is why CN is failing to impress me and many others around here- overfocus on costly programming; lack of, or no focus on new efforts with any real potential at all.

I haven't seen it, yet, but I know it's good if it's anything reminiscent of Code Lyoko with whole "kids turn into monsters and save the day" gimmick this show has going for it...
    The Purpose of Neo Arcadia is to save the world from itself... Or so it seems...

AnimationX is offline R.I.P Tangath Toborn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milligan View Post
    I haven't seen it, but I could see Gormiti doing well on Saturday Crush at least. I could see it weven outperforming Bakugan if it's that good. Not holding my breath here...

See, this is why CN is failing to impress me and many others around here- overfocus on costly programming; lack of, or no focus on new efforts with any real potential at all.

I haven't seen it, yet, but I know it's good if it's anything reminiscent of Code Lyoko with whole "kids turn into monsters and save the day" gimmick this show has going for it...
    I wouldn't mind seeing Gormiti on CrushZone either, it would get the show more exposure, but I'm sure if CN was getting a piece of the action figure profits they would put it on at a better time when more people can watch it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast