Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1245
    Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    So I guess Big O season 2 got way better ratings than IGPX? Because I'd imagine they still have co-production broadcast rights to that too but they never air it. Then again there's a lot of shows they never air..

You know a show I'd love to see come back and air at least once in its entirety? Cyborg 009. But I highly doubt that would happen.
    I seem to recall The Big O season 2 got rather good ratings on Sundays at 11PM when it premiered.

IGPX was a flop.

I think they could squeeze it in for something fresh at some point. There should be no reason why they could not play it unless they disowned it so much that they let Bandai have the territorial rights.

Cyborg 009 would be great to see again. It got pretty dark. I'd also like to see Adult Swim alum Kikaider return.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Silver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I guess it's safe to assume that Toonami could potentially come back at some point? They've already made it clear that they're listening to the feedback, and the fact that Toonami trended on Twitter is pretty significant, too.

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure Williams Street wouldn't keep bringing it up time and time again if they weren't planning on bringing it back.

Has me excited!

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I suppose it hasn't been mentioned here but the current planned Saturday May 26th schedule looks like this.

12:00 AM / 3:00 AM - Bleach
    12:30 AM / 3:30 AM - TBA
    1:00 AM / 4:00 AM - TBA
    1:30 AM / 4:30 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    2:00 AM / 5:00 AM - TBA
    2:30 AM / 5:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop

That could very well be Toonami.

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Silver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    I suppose it hasn't been mentioned here but the current planned Saturday May 26th schedule looks like this.

Is this the lineup they're going with? Hmm, and we have 3 unknown shows as well...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's the tentative line-up coming in 3 weeks. The remaining 3 slots are anyone's guess.

The Man in Black is online now I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THIS:

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post

Could it be they just haven't decided what episodes of various shows to air? That may be a stretch, but doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The Man in Black is online now I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Toonamic: A History of Toonami in comic form.

AndrewSP is offline Toonami is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyzilla View Post
    Could it be they just haven't decided what episodes of various shows to air? That may be a stretch, but doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    Well, that may be true...but think about it, why change the schedule this much if all they're going to do is air the same shows they've been airing forever? And even if it was the same shows, why have they only placed Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on the new schedule? They can't really change much without adding anything new, since the schedule basically consists of all the Anime they currently have the rights to air (save for maybe the original FMA), which may explain why they've kept the repeat Durarara!! episode slot despite the series being finished. They're wiping the slate completely clean, save for one popular show that's still airing new episodes, and two others that are arguably a couple of their most popular and iconic shows. They're even re-employing the repeat block strategy that they use on every other night, but only repeating the post-midnight shows.

Even if it's not Toonami, seeing as they bumped FMA Brotherhood an hour later, I think we're getting at least one brand new show here. Then again, thinking about it, what better chance do they have of re-launching Toonami? We've got an important episode in Bleach's current arc, an the potential for one or two new show premieres. Maybe a classic sandwiched between FMA:B and Bebop?

Now I'm scaring myself, since by writing this post, I've inadvertently increased my hype level exponentially. Now I'll be extremely disappointed if it's not Toonami.