Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CottonSwab is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Stephens View Post
    Thanks, folks. As far as the title goes, that was the writers' purview... but judging by the age of us fogeys on the production end, I can pretty much guarantee that it was inspired by The Police, and not another animated cartoon.

Researching 'bigfoot'-type sightings in the American southwest turned up a ton of similar-but-different cryptids, which inspired this story. The complete list of man-made cryptid anthropoids includes:
    -The Bishopville Lizardman
    -Booger
    -Devil Monkey
    -Fouke Monster
    -Georgia Pigman
    -Green Goon
    -Hawley Him
    -Honey Island Swamp Monster
    -Kinchafoonie Creep
    -Lake Worth Monster
    -Man Cat
    -Mississippi Swamp Ape
    -Momo

It was a real treat to do a 'Southern Gothic' tale, set in the swamps. The Scientist names are homages to classic horror film stars, and I think we got it nice and creepy!

F.Y.I.
    There are no cast changes. Our stellar actors are the same throughout the series. Nicole Sullivan got to show a softer, deeply concerned, side of Drew Saturday in this episode, which is why she sounded so unfamiliar. Normally Drew's a pretty tough nut! But future episodes will continue to utilize the full range of Nicole's considerable talents.
    Wow, I guess it does show versatility in a VA when she/he switches things up and sounds different because of a certain situation, the woman who voices Drew is fantastic! Thanks for the input Jay.

Racattack!Force is offline 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new episodes we're working on now have even more treats-- like, how Doc lost his eye and what really happened to Drew and Doyle's parents.
    Aww, we have to wait till 2010 for those episodes? Eh, I guess it's worth the wait, since the writing on the show is so good.
    Visit my website, Racattack Junction!, a blog that features reviews, opinions, interviews and news that surround animation. Last updated: March 27th. (Review of the Animation side of the CN Upfront)

Save "Chowder"!!!

Watch the "Festival of Chowder" from June 1st to June 4th at 8pm, and new episodes every week starting June 11th at 8pm.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    A bit of Fiskerton backstory coming up shortly, which also involves some childhood Zak stuff. The new episodes we're working on now have even more treats-- like, how Doc lost his eye and what really happened to Drew and Doyle's parents.
    That sounds like some great backstory episodes. I'll be looking foreword to those and some of Fiskerton's backstory too in a few weeks.

I thought that this was a solid episode. It was cool to hear more about Doc's backstory and where he grew up. At first, I thought that Argost was behind the whole thing with making Doc finish that lab work, especially when Doc mentioned how they could use that to find Kur through it. I was surprised with the twist of the scientists being behind it and making crypitds themselves. It was pretty intense how they got Zak, Fisk and Kamodo and turned them into one creature. I liked the happy ending too. I'll be looking foreword to seeing the next new episode next week.

Rolling Cloud is offline ...too early....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A bit of Fiskerton backstory coming up shortly, which also involves some childhood Zak stuff. The new episodes we're working on now have even more treats-- like, how Doc lost his eye and what really happened to Drew and Doyle's parents.
    Thanks..
    I'll keep a lookout for those.
    My Facebook
    Kick her ass outta bed and tell her to sleep on the horribly uncomfortable futon like everyone else who crashes here. XD -Sparticus

It taught me that one plus one equals one on a bun -.bg

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cryptozoology 101: A Plethorea of creatures. so pay attention

Well Mr. Stephens you gave me a Boatload of Cryptids to review and in fact if we have already discussed both The Honey Island Swamp Monster and Mom, that leaves this full list of Cryptids yet to discuss.. So here we go with them all! So class Pay attention.

The Bishopville Lizardman aka The Lizard Man of Lee County South Carolina aka The Lizardman of Scape Ore Swamp: This creature was first reported sighted by a 17 year old by the name of Christopher Davis at approximately 2 am on June 29th, 1988. According to Davis' account, he had stopped on a road bordering the Scape Ore Swamp in order to change a tire which had blown out. When he was finishing up he reported having heard a thumping noise from behind him and having turned around to see the creature running towards him.

Davis said the creature tried to grab at the car and then jumped on its roof as he tried to escape, with the creature clinging on to it as Davis swerved from side to side in an effort to throw it off. After Davis returned home, Davis' side-view-mirror was found to be badly damaged, and scratch marks were found on the car's roof--though there was no other physical evidence of his encounter.

In the month that followed the Davis encounter, there were several further reports of a large lizard like creature, and of unusual scratches and bite marks found on cars parked close to the swamp. The Creature is best described as as being seven feet (2.2 meters) tall, bipedal in nature, and well built, with green scaly skin and glowing orange eyes. It is said to have three toes on each of its feet and three fingers on each hand which end in a circular pad on them that stick to walls. The creature has an incredible degree of strength, more than capable of ripping into a car.

Booger aka Myakka Ape aka Swamp Ape aka Skunk Ape: This creature is known to possibly inhabit the entire Southeastern US and in fact is or could be similar to a large bigfoot like ape or orangutan. The Skunk Ape first was reported as early as the 1960's and 1970's but it wasn't until 2000 when a series of Photographs mysteriously appeared at the Sarasota Sheriff's Department along with a letter from a woman who alledgedly took the photos of the creature which was near a swamp bordering her property. These are what have become known as the "Myakka" Photographs and it is unclear if this was indeed a skunk ape or maybe an escaped animal from possibly a nearby zoological enclosure. But from the descriptions The Skunk Ape is approximately 5 to 6 feet tall (1.8 to 2 meters) tall and with a rather foul stench. Whether this is indeed an escaped animal or not is still unclear.

Devil Monkey: This breed of primate as resembling a baboon but with very powerfully built legs almost like a kangaroo’s, other witnesses to this animal have described it as having pointed ears, a baboon-like snout (baboon snouts look like dog muzzles), and long tails. These tails are frequently described as bushy, like a wolf's tail or fox's tail, and occasionally they are described as hairless, like a rat's tail. These creatures seem to prefer walking on all fours but it is thought they generally travel by long jumps in the manner of a kangaroo, instead of the usual hairy humanoid's bipedal stride. Many footprints have been discovered in places likethe American Mid-West and as far North as Alaska. The Devil monkey seems to only have three toes, or only show that many in footprints and the hind legs are heavily digitigrade, with a long, narrow foot. One witness stated that the Devil monkey has taffy brown fur with a white patch on their underbelly.

Fouke Monster: This legendary cryptid was first reported as early as 1964, by local residents near the sleepy town of Fouke, Arkansas, and was have been reported to have attacked a family in the area in 1971. This ape like creature even at one time had a $1,090 bounty on it's head by a Local Little Rock radio station. In fact this creature was in fact the basis for 3 horror movies that started off with The Legend of Boggy Creek in 1973, followed by Return to Boggy Creek in 1977, and finally Boggy Creek II: The Legend continues in 1986. This creature is bipedal in nature and ranges in height from 5 to 7 feet (1.8 to 2 meters) tall.

Georgia Pigman: This creature reportedly resides around the Okefenokee Swamp in Southern Georgia and a lot of the locals attribute it to "Swamp Gas" but in reality, the creature can be best described as again being bipedal, standing about 7 feet (2.2 meters) tall, and possibly could be a cousin to the Skunk Ape. But then it could be the swamp gas...

Green Goon: This one has No real data I could find but again could be related to skunk apes. Hawley Him: The Hawley Him was first reported to be seen by a group of Boys at a camp near Abilene,Texas, again this creature is bigfoot like and stands in at a whooping 7 to 7.5 feet (2.2 to 2.4 meters) tall. This creature reportedly spotted the boys who were near a wooded area and threw rocks at the boys.

Kinchafoonie Creep: This creature again is bigfoot like in nature and has been spotted with a number of reports around Kinchafoonie Creek in Georgia. This creature is just like all the others, bipedal, some 7 feet tall.

Lake Worth Monster: reportedly appeared to many people in Lake Worth, Texas during 1969. It was described as looking a bit like a white-furred ape, except that it often had fish scales and goat features, making it look something like a satyr. It had goat legs, scales on its face and hands, and was an excellent swimmer. When chased, it prefered to retreat into the water. These characteristics make it seem as if it is related to the mermaid tradition as well. The Lake Worth monster thus combines a mermaid, a satyr and again, Bigfoot all in one creature.

Even though its appearance is extremely bizarre, there was so much evidence for this cryptid that these reports ended up getting taken very seriously by many researchers. Some people have tried to resolve the obvious biological absurdities involved in this big hairy monster by concluding that there were at least two varieties, with one being more like a normal Bigfoot, while the other was satyr-like. Other believers explained away the hooves and scales by deciding that the Lake Worth monster was a normal Bigfoot suffering from some scaley skin disease and/or had club feet. But again this would also explain as to why the creature gave a tape recorder to Doc (Solomon) Saturday.

Man Cat: Some folks dismiss this as a black panther but then again I have yet to find research on this cryptid. But the Man Cat could be an offshoot of Fiskerton's culture (after all Fisk is a Gorilla Cat), so it would seem that there are North American cousins to Fiskerton.

Mississippi Swamp Ape again another cousin to the Skunk Ape? More than Likely as this creature has been spotted around the Bayous and swamps in Southern Mississippi.

And there ya go.. A lot of Cryptids which could exist in the Southeastern US.. Many of these could be Skunk Apes, but then again they could also be offshoots of Bigfoot like creatures that roam the swamplands of the Southeastern US.

(Cryptozoology 101 Teacher)
    Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Nexonius is offline Formerly John Dorian
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My my, Mr. Stephens! Glad to see you at TZ Forums!

It was another awesome episode focusing a little on Doc's past.

And, that's a freaking awesome Argost avatar, Jay!

R-Taco is offline Just A Little Bit Crazy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like cryptids in this show's universe are considred different than normal animals. At least that explains why Zak can control them specifically.

Jay Stephens is offline TSS Creator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly. I won't go into specifics, but basically in our show 'cryptids' are to animals what 'mutants' are to humans in the Marvel Comics universe. Unique, individual creatures that share a common, mysterious, bond.

warnerbroman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly. I won't go into specifics, but basically in our show 'cryptids' are to animals what 'mutants' are to humans in the Marvel Comics universe. Unique, individual creatures that share a common, mysterious, bond.
    but are theire any half-crypts?

StoicLion is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loved it

Great episode, one of my favorites so far. Great acting (as usual..really fantastic cast) and interesting story. But what sold it for me was Doc's back story. I'd like to see more of these kinds of exposition stories.
    "Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of understanding...not the end." - Spock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123