Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1. #1
    Zekehawk's Avatar
    Zekehawk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    New Shows In 2009

    Like This Thread!

    So...in 2009, CN is getting some new shows including: The Garfield Show, Cartoonstitute, Adventure Time, Pink Panther and Pals, Naruto Shippuden TDA, and Hot Wheels Battle Force 5. Sorry if I missed any. What do you guys think of them?

  2. #2
    nakak's Avatar
    nakak is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Toon Town
    Posts
    3,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to "Adventure Time" and "Cartoonistitute."

    The revival of Garfield and Pink Panther I'll probably avoid like plague.

  3. #3
    gtadbzman's Avatar
    gtadbzman is offline 900 Horses of Detroit Muscle
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to Garfield & Pink Panther. Two underated classics IMO. Hopefully CN will get Naruto Shippuden. I could see Hot Wheels going to YAH or airing on DAS. Cartoonstitute looks pretty cool, but I don't know about Adventure Time.

  4. #4
    JAG
    JAG is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rydal, GA
    Posts
    1,523
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new Garfield show? Excuse me while I go find some garlic and a cross.

    Which isn't to say I dislike Garfield in general. On the contrary. The comics were often hilarious. But a new show...I have a feeling this will be painful. Now, about the garlic...
    "Of course, all this magic business is just so much bull dust. Isn't it? We civilized people know that such goings on are ridiculous gibber, don't we? Sure we do: we don't trust anything but our good, reliable horoscope."
    -Peter Hathaway Capstick

  5. #5
    The Huntsman's Avatar
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that this is the development Blog for “The Garfield Show”. It’s rather hard to tell, as it doesn’t look too professional, but there are a wide array of video clips that have employees talking about things. The videos are all in French, but there are English subtitles.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

  6. #6
    WolfGran's Avatar
    WolfGran is offline Sophomore member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like almost everyone else, I'm excited "Cartoonstitute" and "Naruto Shippuden"!
    WolfGran (formerly YogiBR123) - est. 2008

  7. #7
    Zekehawk's Avatar
    Zekehawk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the pilot to The Garfield Show http://www.thegarfieldshow-diary.com/?page_id=92. Jon annoyed the crap out of me.

  8. #8
    desi's Avatar
    desi is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So there are only two originals? Hopefully Cartoonstitute will change that.

  9. #9
    Baby Naruto is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fair Oaks, California
    Posts
    751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only really excited for the english dub of Naruto Shippuden, but I might give "The Garfield Show" a try.

  10. #10
    Racattack!Force's Avatar
    Racattack!Force is offline 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    I think that this is the development Blog for “The Garfield Show”. It’s rather hard to tell, as it doesn’t look too professional, but there are a wide array of video clips that have employees talking about things. The videos are all in French, but there are English subtitles.
    That is the development blog, believe it or not. I've been checking it out for the past few months.
    Visit my website, Racattack Junction!, a blog that features reviews, opinions, interviews and news that surround animation. Last updated: March 27th. (Review of the Animation side of the CN Upfront)

    Save "Chowder"!!!

    Watch the "Festival of Chowder" from June 1st to June 4th at 8pm, and new episodes every week starting June 11th at 8pm.


  11. #11
    Mugsy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekehawk View Post
    So...in 2009, CN is getting some new shows including: The Garfield Show, Cartoonstitute, Adventure Time, Pink Panther and Pals, Naruto Shippuden TDA, and Hot Wheels Battle Force 5. Sorry if I missed any. What do you guys think of them?
    I will give almost all of these a fair shot and stick with the ones I like, hopefully Panther and Garfield are good...

    Has Shippiden been 100% confirmed? If not I wouldn't hold my breath....

  12. #12
    DarthGonzo's Avatar
    DarthGonzo is offline Ten Years on TZ!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Franklin Square, NY
    Posts
    10,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unless CN decides to start running the Looney Tunes in a regular time slot it looks like I won't be watching the channel much (if at all) in 2009.

    Aside from the PPG special and the Ed, Edd and Eddy movie, that is.

  13. #13
    NewcomerDC's Avatar
    NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthGonzo View Post
    Unless CN decides to start running the Looney Tunes in a regular time slot it looks like I won't be watching the channel much (if at all) in 2009.
    I hate to say it but you might have to get the DVDs in order to see Bugs and friends on the small screen. The CN has changed to what it used to be and there could care less about what the older fans like us want to see on the network. We have to get over the fact that CN will never show Looney Tunes again unless they're in films like Looney Tunes: Back In Action that ABC Family still have the rights to until whenever they drop it from the network or Space Jam if CN is THAT desperate to please the masses. So what's CN and WB saying now: buy the DVDs, stop crying for them to come back on TV, and just look forward to more original programs and more acquisitions ala Total Drama Action and Naruto Shippuden (hopefully) because the old CN is dead and it along with Bugs, Daffy, and the gang, as sad as it is, are never coming back.

    Plus look at January 1, 2009 and we'll see the LTs again but we don't know if CN are bringing them back permantently or is it just to ring in a new beginning of CN by going back to basics and recreating the channel to what it used to be.

    For 2009, I am looking forward to seeing all of these shows in HD widescreen since the age of DTV is upon us now and it's about time that we escape from the old school age of just watching our shows and movies in fullscreen since most of what's seen on TV were made in widescreen originally.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

  14. #14
    Sammie's Avatar
    Sammie is offline Cartoon Cartoons
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcomerDC View Post
    I hate to say it but you might have to get the DVDs in order to see Bugs and friends on the small screen. The CN has changed to what it used to be and there could care less about what the older fans like us want to see on the network. We have to get over the fact that CN will never show Looney Tunes again unless they're in films like Looney Tunes: Back In Action that ABC Family still have the rights to until whenever they drop it from the network or Space Jam if CN is THAT desperate to please the masses. So what's CN and WB saying now: buy the DVDs, stop crying for them to come back on TV, and just look forward to more original programs and more acquisitions ala Total Drama Action and Naruto Shippuden (hopefully) because the old CN is dead and it along with Bugs, Daffy, and the gang, as sad as it is, are never coming back.

    Plus look at January 1, 2009 and we'll see the LTs again but we don't know if CN are bringing them back permantently or is it just to ring in a new beginning of CN by going back to basics and recreating the channel to what it used to be.

    For 2009, I am looking forward to seeing all of these shows in HD widescreen since the age of DTV is upon us now and it's about time that we escape from the old school age of just watching our shows and movies in fullscreen since most of what's seen on TV were made in widescreen originally.
    Well CN is airing a Looney Tunes marathon on new years so we don't know what to exspect next. Much Lucha returned and no one exspected that. So it's possible for Looney Tunes to return to.


  15. #15
    Comics_the_QB's Avatar
    Comics_the_QB is offline My common sense is tingling
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoonstitute and Adventure Time for me.

    I like The Pink Panther, but this show (and Garfield's) looks pretty bad. I won't check it out unless I hear good praise about it. Hot Wheels is kinda bland to me...

    TDA will be good.

    Overall, '09 looks pretty good. We get the return and finale of Fosters. We get the Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy movie, and the PPG special. Chowder, Flapjack, TSS, Brave/Bold, SW:CW, and B10:AF all return as well. If they keep airing Looney Tunes, then that's just an extra star. Oh and they better keep Noods...

    The Scratch Pad


    A blog dedicated to all things animation and comic books!


  16. #16
    NewcomerDC's Avatar
    NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Well CN is airing a Looney Tunes marathon on new years so we don't know what to expect next. Mucha Lucha returned and no one expected that. So it's possible for Looney Tunes to return as well.
    Yeah. I mentioned in the last message that Looney Tunes were coming back on New Year's Day but like everyone else on the CN Forum, I don't know if it would be a permanent move like the resurrection of Tom and Jerry.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

  17. #17
    soundmonkey44's Avatar
    soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cartooninsititure, adventure time, Shippuden (If they get it) and PPGZ are what im looking foward to in 09! (& TF: Animated season 3!)
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

  18. #18
    chdr's Avatar
    chdr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcomerDC View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned in the last message that Looney Tunes were coming back on New Year's Day but like everyone else on the CN Forum, I don't know if it would be a permanent move like the resurrection of Tom and Jerry.
    Tom and Jerry never left. T&J has been chugging along on the schedule since day one.

  19. #19
    Mugsy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If CN does not keep Loony Toons then Bug's and co. are really dead, it's a shame....

    In 2009 I m looking forward to new Ben 10: AF, TSS, Batman: TB&TB, New Naruto (hopefully), Noods, Adult Swim, YAH and Action Flicks!!!!

  20. #20
    Goldstar Neo's Avatar
    Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonsville
    Posts
    9,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The new Garfield show might be worth checking out. I don't care about Pink Panther and Pals because it's a babyfication. One Baby Looney Tunes is more than enough, thank you very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy
    If CN does not keep Loony Toons then Bug's and co. are really dead, it's a shame....
    There's still the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO