Two Stupid Dogs
    Gumby
    Magilla Gorilla
    Birdman
    The Snorks
    Silverhawks
    Swat Kats
    Underdog

that's all I can think of, well there's some others I can think of but they weren't very good. Who agrees that CN of the late 90s, even early 00s is better than what children today are being subjected to?

those poor poor kids

.bg
    .bg is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is more of an early '90s list IMO.

What's the point of this thread, anyway?

Creme is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    comparing the old Cartoon Network of 10 years ago to the new one of today.
    Which one is better?

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So basically this is the umptee-seventh "Cartoon Network was so much better 10 years ago" thread. Goodness knows we don't have enough of those.

Anyway, a lot of the shows you mentioned are on Boomerang now.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

.bg
    .bg is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People, come on. We all know that Cartoon Network has steadily declined in quality over the years. We don't need this information repeated AGAIN.

Somebody please lock this thread!

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh, it's not only a "Let's bash CN of today" thread, it's also a "Here's a huge list of shows, discuss" thread.

*Reports thread*
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Goldstar Neo is offline Twins + Ninjas = Twinjas!
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Does it bother anyone else that at least half of the shows that the thread creator listed were made before 1990?

Anyways, by now it's common knowledge that Cartoon Network has become a dismal shadow of it's former glory. We certainly don't need this fact reiterated one more time.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Kagetsu is offline Hooligan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    And for you youngsters who don't know what I'm saying, I'm talking about:

The Flintstones
    Huckleberry Hound
    Fantastic Four (60s)
    Superfriends
    Wally Gator
    Smurfs
    Thundercats
    The Jetsons
    Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Droopy
    Looney Tunes
    Sailor Moon
    Yogi Bear
    Top Cat
    Quick Draw McGraw
    Tom & Jerry
    Scooby Doo
    Wacky Races
    Jabberjaw
    Josie and the Pussycats
    Thundar the Barbarian
    Johnny Bravo
    Dexter's Lab
    Alvin & the Chipmunks
    Captain Planet
    Secret Squirrel
    Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon
    Hong Kong Phooey
    Two Stupid Dogs
    Gumby
    Magilla Gorilla
    Birdman
    The Snorks
    Silverhawks
    Swat Kats
    Underdog

that's all I can think of, well there's some others I can think of but they weren't very good. Who agrees that CN of the late 90s, even early 00s is better than what children today are being subjected to?

those poor poor kids
    :anime: Not one of those shows would I sit through to watch over the shows I'm now watching.

Nexonius is offline Formerly John Dorian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From back in the day, you guys stood up for what CN has done, but most of you guys who enjoyed the CN shows of the 1990s are bashing it now just because some of you don't like their programming or their decline or whatnot. I won't give any browny ponts to CN and their schedule is pretty bad, but it's better than Nick showing Spongebob or Zoey 101 or Toon Disney having Power Rangers or Digimon or any other crap or Disney Channel having teen shows about girls. If they still showed mostly HB or Warner Bros. toons, then CN wouldn't know how to be independent with their own studio made shows, or French or Anime shows while still being in the same company where WB and HB are (Time Warner). If CN would relaunch with the checkerboard logo, you guys will say it'll still take more than that, or if Looney Tunes came back to CN, you guys will still not be pleased enough, or any HB titles came back to CN, you guys will STILL not be pleased enough. And if CN brought back the cityscape or Powerboard, Powerhouse.....whatever, 1998-2004 bumpers, you guys will STILL not be pleased enough. If they take off Gym Partner or Camp Lazlo or Squirrell Boy, and CN make "Good Shows" you guys will be finally satisifed, would you guys? It took CN 13 years to take down classics to Boomerang. Just watch Boomerang and stay in the "nostalgic" zone forever. Meanwhile some of us are getting used to it and going by the flow in life. Most HB shows are on DVD, so is Looney Tunes and old 1990s Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain. If you liked CN back in the day and religously watched CN's old shows and now hate the new CN, you're being just plain hypocrite.

-John D. Timmons.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Timmons
    From back in the day, you guys stood up for what CN has done, but most of you guys who enjoyed the CN shows of the 1990s are bashing it now just because some of you don't like their programming or their decline or whatnot. I won't give any browny ponts to CN and their schedule is pretty bad, but it's better than Nick showing Spongebob or Zoey 101 or Toon Disney having Power Rangers or Digimon or any other crap or Disney Channel having teen shows about girls. If they still showed mostly HB or Warner Bros. toons, then CN wouldn't know how to be independent with their own studio made shows, or French or Anime shows while still being in the same company where WB and HB are (Time Warner). If CN would relaunch with the checkerboard logo, you guys will say it'll still take more than that, or if Looney Tunes came back to CN, you guys will still not be pleased enough, or any HB titles came back to CN, you guys will STILL not be pleased enough. And if CN brought back the cityscape or Powerboard, Powerhouse.....whatever, 1998-2004 bumpers, you guys will STILL not be pleased enough. If they take off Gym Partner or Camp Lazlo or Squirrell Boy, and CN make "Good Shows" you guys will be finally satisifed, would you guys? It took CN 13 years to take down classics to Boomerang. Just watch Boomerang and stay in the "nostalgic" zone forever. Meanwhile some of us are getting used to it and going by the flow in life. Most HB shows are on DVD, so is Looney Tunes and old 1990s Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain. If you liked CN back in the day and religously watched CN's old shows and now hate the new CN, you're being just plain hypocrite.
    QFT. For all of its flaws, CN contains more watchable material than either Nick or Disney, especially for audiences of the general age median on the boards.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast