Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brian Cruz is offline Surf's Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nude man accidentally shown on morning news show

Like This Thread!
    Man Inadvertently Shown Nude on Live Morning News Show

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 4, 2002--Viewers of the KRON 4 live morning show received a literal "wake up" this morning when the station accidentally shot one of the stars of PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS from the "waist down," rather than "waist up." This is believed to be the first time in history that a penis was seen live on morning television.

Simon Morley and David "Friendy" Friend were being interviewed by KRON4 Morning News hosts about the upcoming San Francisco engagement of PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS at Theatre on the Square beginning October 29, when the guffaw occurred.

"Unfortunately, The Ancient Art was revealed this morning and as a result, has demystified the art of genital origami which is usually reserved for a beautiful theatre such as Theatre on the Square," said Friendy, whose penis was transmitted into more than 150,000 households in the Bay Area at approximately 8:15 a.m this morning. "We never intended to reveal The Art to the viewers at home and we're very upset that thousands of people saw my penis on live TV, out of context and without my permission."

According to KRON-TV, they have received hundreds of calls from Bay Area viewers while PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS reports a significant spike in ticket sales. Producer David J. Foster said, "This has made life very difficult for our box office staff. They were expecting the normal volume of calls but sales went crazy. We apologize to any patrons who were placed on hold due to this extraordinary situation."

PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS, the international comedy hit, will make its San Francisco debut at Theatre on the Square in a limited engagement beginning October 29. More than 40 heroic and hilarious installations are presented including crowd pleasers, tourist attractions and food products like The Pelican, The Windsurfer, The Eiffel Tower, the Loch Ness Monster, and their signature creation, the Hamburger. For more information, go to theatreonthesquare.com.
    Brian Cruz
    Toon Zone Server Administrator

Remember, it's "Toon Zone". Two words! Not one!

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "...we're very upset that thousands of people saw my penis on live TV, out of context and without my permission."

LOL. Now that's a hilarious quote if I ever saw one.

Orange Star is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I GET THAT STATION!!! Damn, I missed it...
    Wouldn't TV shows be funnier if the theme song was G Gundam's English Dub End Theme Song/ Japanese Dub Opening Theme Song?

This has been something to think about, with Orange Star. Make today...a GREAT day.

JustJack is offline Just Odd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Orange Star
    Reruns?

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled...

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS thing is in town in Victoria right now. Funny how Queen Elizabeth is also in town on the same night. SHe oughta love that.

As for half-naked guys on TV...well, at least they weren't beating up a first-base coach or anything.

-Tim
    CANADA

meatwad945 is offline NO THE HAT WILL NOT BE REMOVED
    Running on the fine line of sanity with scissors
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hehehehe thats is really funny
    Im Not Physco Im Just........Off
    <------ THATS ME

ccffan01 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, didn't I look good.

Joe Tully is offline I want the toilet seat.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by JustJack
    Reruns?

There's no chance for reruns, it's a one-shot only.

zimbach is offline Nice Jigglypuffs! ¡<(^o^<)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Joe Tully
    There's no chance for reruns, it's a one-shot only.
    And it's a #$%^! and a half to get archive news tapes from that station. I've tried.
    Love means never having to say "That's disgusting!"
    Eschew obfuscation!

Patrick Bateman is offline Telling it like it is
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Umm, why exactly do you want to see this?
    "There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me; only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply... am not... there."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast