VladDraculi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the difference between Regis University and University of Phoenix?

Like This Thread!
    I hope I am posting this in the right spot. If not, sorry.

One of my best friends wants to go back to school to get his masters degree and is debating whether to go to University of Phoenix or Regis University since the University of Colorado does not offer the program he is looking for. I know Phoenix gets a bad rap, especially in the news, but is there really any difference between it and Regis? Both are accredited colleges and both have online and on campus classes. Which should he go to and why?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriot,

i recommend he visit both campuses and talk to the admissions office. also this site might be a little helpful College Reviews: StudentsReview : Over 147700 College Reviews ™ (3,359 schools reviewed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He has. He think he is going to go to Regis, but I still don't see why one is better than the other when they both offer the same thing.

cognitofalcon is offline G'night evry' body!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ouch, the reviews for Huntingdon were pretty harsh. I feel like it's much better than a B-
    I now use Tumblr regularly.
    http://cognitofalcon.tumblr.com/
    I'm also participating in Let's Plays now (Among other things)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SAFGuys

Not as cynical now a'days =) I am much happier too!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VladDraculi View Post
    He has. He think he is going to go to Regis, but I still don't see why one is better than the other when they both offer the same thing.
    Cohort,

if they both offer the same thing maybe regis is nicer looking or an easier commute from his house? its hard to know the differences between universities until you actually start the semester, everything else is just speculation on the part of the student.

Quote Originally Posted by cognitofalcon View Post
    Ouch, the reviews for Huntingdon were pretty harsh. I feel like it's much better than a B-
    college certainly isn't for everyone. sometimes people aren't in the right mind set or have to deal with really awful roommates or professors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem View Post
    Cohort,

if they both offer the same thing maybe regis is nicer looking or an easier commute from his house? its hard to know the differences between universities until you actually start the semester, everything else is just speculation on the part of the student.
    It actually doesn't matter as the program he wants to do is online only no matter what school he were to do it at.