Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Getouttamylab! is offline Idealistic people wanted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    I think that happened once this TV season to me. They pre-empted America's Funniest Videos for something. Later on when they did their $100K show I saw a finalist that I did not remember seeing (actually I saw two, but I knew for certain there was an episode I missed).
    That actually happened to me once with the same show, but in this case an emergency news report about tornado-producing thunderstorms which lasted about two hours was to blame here.
    Last edited by Getouttamylab!; 05-14-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: comma was bugging me
    The ideal signature: Lots and lots of smilies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    America's Most Wanted on Fox during Nascar season. Then they moved it to Lifetime, and now I guess it's cancelled because I haven't seen it on in a really long time
    Sunflower

Kung-Fu Yoshi is offline R.I.P. Mom
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    Y'know, I'd be perfectly fine with them pre-empting football with a new Simpsons episode for a change.
    That reminds me -- one time on WWOR, they scheduled a baseball game, but it got rained out. It was supposed to pre-empt regular programming including a Simpsons rerun at 7 - when the game was gonna start.

They showed the farting Homer treehouse of horror episode.
    Hey!

BartWinkle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Back in 1982 NBC ran two back-to-back specials, one featuring bloopers and another featuring classic commercials, but our local affiliate pre-empted them for a movie titled "The Great Waldo Pepper". I was so bitter I wrote a letter, but didn't get a response.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    Y'know, I'd be perfectly fine with them pre-empting football with a new Simpsons episode for a change.
    As much as I kinda agree with you, there's a reason the networks don't do that: The Heidi Game.

look it up on Wikipedia, and you'll see why sporting events are aired to completion.

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    As much as I kinda agree with you, there's a reason the networks don't do that: The Heidi Game.

look it up on Wikipedia, and you'll see why sporting events are aired to completion.
    Couldnt they just air the game in a split-screen, with the game (sans audio of course) on one side of the screen, and the episode on the other side of the screen? It would satisfy both parties.

Peter Paltridge is online now Steve was delicious
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    Couldnt they just air the game in a split-screen, with the game (sans audio of course) on one side of the screen, and the episode on the other side of the screen? It would satisfy both parties.
    More like it'd anger both of them.

We have the technology now to broadcast two feeds simultaneously -- one for the game and one for regular programming. Possibly, they could air one on a subchannel. Networks don't own their own subchannels, though. Yet.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It took a while, but the second part of A League of Robb's Own is now live! Thanks for waiting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12