Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Honestly, my parents never really censored what I watched (or played, for that matter), so I was generally pretty free to watch whatever. I think the only thing my Mom didn't really want me to watch was Beavis and Butt-head, but beyond that, never really had them complain to me. Plus, I grew up with the Showtime era Stargate SG-1, The Outer Limits, plus stuff like the The X Files while it was on Fox.

By the time I was 8 years old, I was also playing some M rated games, which it primarily consisted of the survival horror genre (so Resident Evil series, Dino Crisis, and what not). That period, I also grew to like RPGs on top of the Platformers I was playing.

I guess when it comes to my family, they were pretty open. So I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

JedEmily is offline Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I was banned from "oinking". It was just after Peppa Pig first came out in 2004, me and mah siblings always linked and it annoyed our parents.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I never got banned from what I watched or played.My parents had let me watch Adult Swim when I was 9 years old.So to put it this way,my parents had never banned from doing anything.

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Earlier in the thread, I mentioned my mother not banning me from watching The Simpsons when I was younger. She recently told me she did ban me from watching it, but I don't really remember. It started when I was in fifth grade.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

acquah is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I was young, my parents would ban me from watching Rugrats because they hate Angelica.

MadMan400096 is offline Stealing Christmas
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was banned from watching Courage the Cowardly Dog, but surprisingly, not because of stuff like dark imagery and violence, but rather because of Eustace's catchphrase ("Stupid dog!"). Despite the fact that most other kids shows by that point were welcome to using "stupid" (even PBS Kids wasn't immune). Or that my favorite movie as a kid, the original One Hundred and One Dalmatians, was calling everybody idiots. Or that nobody raised a finger at those Blockblister guys being called morons for, well, being morons.

Besides that, and 2 Stupid Dogs for a short time for a similar reason to Courage, I've never really been explicitly banned from anything. Mostly, I just paid attention to media ratings; even as a little kid, I knew that stuff given an R or an M meant "Keep out of reach of children", or that the stuff on Nickelodeon, Toon Disney, and Cartoon Network were generally safe to watch. For the most part, I was my own censor. I generally stayed away from stuff rated above a PG or T.

Eventually though, I started to watch more adult shows. At first, I was rather squeamish. As time went on, however, I'd grow to enjoy the adult stuff just as much as what was available to kids.

Combou is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When i was small my parents would not allow me to watch horror tv series or movies as a result even now i don't like/get scared watching one.

Yash is offline dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mom tried banning Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy at various points. None of them ever really stuck.

My dad would watch Beavis and Butthead and Celebrity Death Match with me a lot and she didn't really seem fond of that either.

Getouttamylab! is offline My, what big ears you have
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To follow up on the Pokemon incident, it turned out that my mom freaking out over my costume idea was just a misunderstanding...and she even bailed me out when I had to tell my grandparents what I was dressed like.
    Do these ears make my head look small?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456