Quantcast
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I've been using Google Chrome for a few years now, but I'm seriously considering switching back to Firefox or to Comodo Dragon as my default browser because lately whenever I visit this site on Chrome, I keep getting the message about Shockwave Flash not responding or crashing. I've gone to about:// plugins to disable one Flash Player a couple of times now, but then the next day, It just happens again. It's really annoying.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Aquadementia is offline Santa makes a jailbreak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    An I the only person who has a tendency to just leave sites open in tabs rather than bookmark them? I guess this is the price I pay. I have stuff up with the intention of looking at it whenever I have the chance. I had stuff up and I've forgotten what some of it was. Now I'll never get to read it. I'm also always a week behind on TGWTG and loading up the videos that are about to fall off the main page so I can still find them. That site updates way too fast.
    Are you one of those people that have hundreds of tabs open? I always wondered how that comes about.
    I don't like using bookmarks much either. I've started again because too many times I've thought I could easily get back to a page but then forget the specific thing that makes remembering it easy.
    I'm starting to wonder if a new bookmark folder for every day would be a good idea. The History menu should work like that but it's mostly full of garbage.

Edit: Actually the History menu may remember your recently closed tabs.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    The electrical wiring in the house is antiquated and can't support too many appliances operating at once. Two separate ACs always push it to the limit and then when someone starts the dryer, the circuit breaker goes off and everything in the house loses power until you turn it back on.

This happened twice today; normally when the computer suddenly shuts off, Firefox is able to restore everything I had open. But the second time, today, it booted up with none of my tabs or windows there. It doesn't remember them either.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH

An I the only person who has a tendency to just leave sites open in tabs rather than bookmark them? I guess this is the price I pay. I have stuff up with the intention of looking at it whenever I have the chance. I had stuff up and I've forgotten what some of it was. Now I'll never get to read it. I'm also always a week behind on TGWTG and loading up the videos that are about to fall off the main page so I can still find them. That site updates way too fast.
    You could always buy a UPS to handle the power issues. If the breaker trips, it'll switch over to battery power with enough time to safely shut down your computer and/or save your session.

Also, you can always get an extension for Firefox to handle your session and save your tabs so they don't get lost forever on you.

One more thing about the electricity. No idea if you rent or own, but maybe it's time to have an electrician to come out? Bad wiring is a massive safety hazard and you don't want to burn up in a fire and we have to have a memorial topic burdened on us where we have to think of nice things to say about you. Think of others for a change. I don't want to write platitudes if I don't have to
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There's nothing more annoying than waiting restlessly all day for a package, getting the mail late, and finding only envelopes there.

Because of online tracking, I know that post office has had my package for the last two days. Why won't they give it to me?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Forget Five Nights At Freddys....can you survive even ONE night with this Misfit Christmas Special, so Misfit it never even AIRED? Plus a bonus Misfit in Claymation!

Aquadementia is offline Santa makes a jailbreak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dumbed down weather forecasts.

You look at that little icon that shows rain clouds and lightning on some days where there are scattered showers that may hit for a few minutes out of the day but it is otherwise pretty nice and even sunny at times. Then days like this that have a big sun symbol with an itsy-bitsy cloud are the most overcast days of all. So you plan wrong.

At one time I was obsessed with watching the weather channel and it made me paranoid. Every time there was a high wind I felt like I better check things out in case there was a tornado or something.

It's better to do thing when you want to and just walk outside to see if you're going to get rained out. But it is hard to ignore those forecasts.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Dr.Pepper is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am house sitting for my aunt right now and right before she left she got a new wireless rotor and forgot to tell me about it. This means my iPad and laptop cannot connect to the internet. Right now I am on her million year old desktop. It has Windows XP. Windows XP I tell you! It gets worse as her keyboard is one of those weird curved ones that is supposed to be good on your hands but instead it is just annoying.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112