Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I doubt it was specifically them. They also want my name and E-mail so they can spam me. There's gotta be a better petition site than this.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    I doubt it was specifically them.
    It was them.

They also want my name and E-mail so they can spam me.
    They have an Unsubscribe option.

There's gotta be a better petition site than this.
    There isn't.

Who else could there be, anyway? Petition Online? Change.org? We've seen how ineffectual they are. Free Press isn't just another petition site; they're an advocacy group that actually gets things done.

They do more than just put your name on a webpage. They also encourage phone calls, mail, and rallies. They've even sued the FCC when they were loosening their grip.

The Talon is offline Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I signed up for it. There's just no benefit for me or any consumers whatsoever if this merger goes through.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I signed - just because...
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comcast customers have fun with the company's "customer service" over this news.

Wounded_Dragon is offline Beast in the Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The notion of competition in cable has always struck me as odd considering...well, there's only one cable company where I live so, yeah, no competition. And as weird as it may sound to praise Comcast for something (I really hate their service, 24hour help line my butt) the only reason there's any high speed internet options or competitive phone rates where I live is because of them.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3)
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't get what's the big deal about this? Comcast is a much bigger company than Time Warner, the latter is just losing subscribers and money. Both merging together could also means good things...more channels, cool features, more HD channels, wide availability, etc. I don't see nothing wrong with that.

Want The Life & Times of Juniper Lee make its comeback to Boomerang? Sign this petition here!

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've tried to get rid of cable and just keep the internet, but Comcast makes it so that having internet and cable is cheaper than just the internet alone. Fortunately, the neighborhood I moved into is getting Verizon FIOS installed, so I'm hoping they're service is better, but I'll pretty much go with whoever's the cheapest.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

simpsonsfan is offline Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad I live in an area without Time Warner Cable now. Most of Maine has TWC, and a few areas have Comcast. I have a small company called MetroCast for my phone and internet. Switched the tv portion to Directv. I do feel bad for the people who will get Comcast though. All I know is I never want an internet cap. For the $50 a month I pay for internet I expect to be able to use it as much as I want every day.

Pac-Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how to feel about this, I live in California and have TWC, but my question is, what is bad about Comcast?
    My signature has nothing to see here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast