Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Kindness King is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Here's a German interview with Edward Snowden. It hasn't been getting attention here in U.S.A. as far as I know.

LiveLeak.com - German Television does first Edward Snowden Interview (ENGLISH)
    More harm has been done by people panicked over societal decline than societal decline ever did.

-xkcd.com

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There a group of people who made a trust who ask for supporters of the ex-mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick, to raise money to free him from prison.
    Trust asks Kilpatrick supporters to raise money to free him - Fox 2 News Headlines

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find this Reuters editorial quite interesting from a psychological perspective.

As for my SOTU opinion, I am personally unnerved by the President's vow to circumvent Congress whenever possible. Turning Congress into a peripheral, and a potentially borderline-useless one, is a bad precedent that can mean harsh consequences down the line for the country. Obama's damage here may not be fully realized until 20, 30 years from now if/when Congress is simply a rubber stamp for the presidency, or hardly exists as a tangible branch of the government.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Wounded_Dragon is offline Beast in the Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe, but I'm sick of people bringing that up as a defense. Congress has brought such measures on themselves.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3)
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded_Dragon View Post
    Maybe, but I'm sick of people bringing that up as a defense. Congress has brought such measures on themselves.
    Quite! Firetruck - Ridin'! True!

Sad as this news in, with how dysfunctional and against us good people they have been, Congress has brought this upon themselves. Besides, someone has to keep my dystopian fantasies from taking place because of this do - nothing noise sooner or later. I'm in agreement with Obama here, but like any politician/bureaucrat, only so much.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Dr. Daedalus is offline I'm WikiBear!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not like this is a big shock, but the NSA probably spied on Congress. Gee, maybe Congress will now realize what it feels like to be spied on without a warrant and actively work to reform their practices? ....Nah.

This just further reinforces that by collecting all this info, it can (or has?) easily be used for blackmail (i.e. "Support our invasive spy programs or we'll release ____").

Quote Originally Posted by Kindness King View Post
    Here's a German interview with Edward Snowden. It hasn't been getting attention here in U.S.A. as far as I know.

LiveLeak.com - German Television does first Edward Snowden Interview (ENGLISH)
    To be honest, that interview didn't really tell me much that I haven't already learned from following this story for the last seven months, but it was good to see it anyway.

And it's really disturbing that some higher-ups want Snowden DEAD. Not just arrested, but actually dead. These are the people in charge of our nation's security?

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Republicans are planning to hold the debt limit hostage. Again. Don't they ever get tired of this? You won't get what you want, just pass a clean bill.

GOP Takes Debt Limit Hostage But Struggles To Come Up With A Ransom
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well one day or another, with too much debt, we hit the wall, just like the province of Quebec who'll hit the wall more sooner then most of people thought.

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    Not like this is a big shock, but the NSA probably spied on Congress. Gee, maybe Congress will now realize what it feels like to be spied on without a warrant and actively work to reform their practices? ....Nah.

This just further reinforces that by collecting all this info, it can (or has?) easily be used for blackmail (i.e. "Support our invasive spy programs or we'll release ____").

.....And it's really disturbing that some higher-ups want Snowden DEAD. Not just arrested, but actually dead. These are the people in charge of our nation's security?
    See what I mean? That's the behavior of the higher - ups that can and will issue in something similar to The Hunger Games if these people aren't stepped down and stopped. This surveillance state must fail for the greater good... OR else we might face a World War III scenario by keeping them around to spy on everyone (especially our allies in this world, what few America has left, that is...). This is undeniable and impossible to ignore anymore.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    See what I mean? That's the behavior of the higher - ups that can and will issue in something similar to The Hunger Games if these people aren't stepped down and stopped. This surveillance state must fail for the greater good... OR else we might face a World War III scenario by keeping them around to spy on everyone (especially our allies in this world, what few America has left, that is...). This is undeniable and impossible to ignore anymore.
    Please, please stop the Hunger Games IRL stuff.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.