Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordavaitor View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like The Walking Dead? The TV show that is, not the GNs. I've given the show multiple shots but I find it to be the most boring thing I've seen, and I dislike every character on the show. It seems that the comics are more up my alley, but the show does nothing for me.
    I think the better question is, are you the only one doesn't watch The Walking Dead. A good majority of the internet seems to hate watch the show, either to keep up with it so they can bash it or because there enamored with its high variance. Anyways if you were never in from the beginning and found the first season boring then yes I would say your one of the few.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the first season of The Walking Dead, but didn't really care for it and have only seen scattered episodes here and there. The first season had its moments, but others I found terribly cliched, and the finale was particularly lackluster. If they had stuck with the same way Shane died in the comic, which was shocking, I might have felt compelled to stick around longer. Instead, they chickened out of that in favor of keeping him around to prolong the boring love triangle, only to then kill him in exactly the cliched way I expected them to.

My brother is borderline obsessed with the show, but I know plenty of others who don't care one bit about it, so you're definitely not alone, Darklord. Then again, I find most original cable series to be overrated anyway.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

CoolEric158 is online now Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohya View Post
    I think the better question is, are you the only one doesn't watch The Walking Dead. A good majority of the internet seems to hate watch the show, either to keep up with it so they can bash it or because there enamored with its high variance. Anyways if you were never in from the beginning and found the first season boring then yes I would say your one of the few.
    I've never seen Walking Dead either. I'm not really a fan of post-apocalypse stories, with some exceptions. And it's also because I never watch cable minus the cartoon channels. Every day on the week I pretty much focus on one channel, mainly due to watching TV with my family, who take charge of the remote, and they all are broadcast networks.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    My brother is borderline obsessed with the show, but I know plenty of others who don't care one bit about it, so you're definitely not alone, Darklord. Then again, I find most original cable series to be overrated anyway.
    I suppose I should of clarified myself a lot better. The answer to Dark's question is no, hes not the only one. Simply google The Walking Dead and you'll find that a vast majority of the internet has turned (ha pun) on the series. Oh and I would argue that most original cable series are actually underrated or properly rated. I mean I would bet you would be hard pressed to even come up with a top ten list of overrated cable shows.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post
    Silverstar, it's funny you mention HA because I've actually been rewatching it on DVD these past few months. I expected it to not age well at all like other Nicktoons I've rewatched in my 20s (I loved Angry Beavers, Invader Zim and Rocko growing up, but can't really stand them now), and some things are pretty clunky but I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it as an adult. The 11 minutes do make a lot of the plots go by ridiculously fast, so a lot of the story plots themselves are rather uninteresting, but the character interactions and the voice acting are still pretty enjoyable to me.

And picking up on cues I never got as a kid is also fun. I didn't even realize the whole "Helga's mom is an alcoholic, her parents are super neglectful and Mr. Simmons is gay" type of things until this marathon. Seeing the series through adult eyes is actually pretty interesting. I also found some fun trivia out, like how Wolfgang is voiced by the first Arnold voice actor, after he hit puberty and couldn't play him anymore, and that kind of continued with the character Ludwig, who was voiced by Arnold's second voice actor after he hit puberty too. Wonder if that would have just gone on as they got new kids to voice Arnold. I bought the movie off of Amazon two weeks ago for $3, just for collection's sake, though I remember it being not good and kind of dread the rewatch.

Watching the show again, I kind of wish Craig Bartlett was able to do his jungle movie and that series about Helga. I think he was on a roll. But what's done is done.
    The stories in the segments are usually pretty decent, but the characters are pretty fun and that makes it pretty enjoyable to watch. It's nothing spectacular, but it's a fun show. I didn't know that they used Arnold's first voice actor for Wolfgang and then the second voice for Ludwig. That's pretty cool. I would have preferred for at least the movie to be made since it would have been a nice ending to the series. The series about Helga and her family sounded interesting, but I felt that took up too much attention as the series progressed, so I would have been okay with at least the movie.

As far as older Nicktoons go, the only ones I've seen that don't hold up that well for me are Angry Beavers and CatDog. I remember enjoying both series when they were airing, more so with CatDog than with Angry Beavers, but after watching a good chuck of episodes from both series On Demand, neither show seems to be that funny and the characters aren't too likable either. I think that it's more apparent in CatDog where Cat tends to get more punishment than he deserves when he doesn't do much of anything bad, but then doesn't get punished enough when he does something bad. Winslow is also much worse than I remember him.

I've never seen the Walking Dead either, but most of the live action series I watch are aimed at kids anyway and I don't really care for zombie stories either.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cat basically getting crapped on all the time even bothered me as a kid. The only thing I really liked about the show was Winslow and that little bird girl with the accent. I remember Catdog even having a movie that they aired about finding their parents, but it was odd even by the show's standards and had a really unsatisfying payoff with their adoptive parents being the ones they found, rather than their biological ones.

As for Wolfgang, because I'm marathoning everything in a row beforehand, his voice being the original Arnold's is actually really noticeable in his first appearance (Longest Monday aka the trash can day one, early in season two.). If you watch it after a few season one episodes, you can kind of hear some of the same mannerisms in his voice (like the slight drone/raspiness), just (obviously) deeper. I don't know if they kept those voice actors because of contractual reasons or what, but I think it's pretty cool that they were able to still be part of the voice cast even after they couldn't play the title role anymore.

P.S. I realize this is insanely nerdy information, but I've been on a nostalgia bender for HA for the past few weeks and have been visiting its wiki while watching the show. XD I'll probably forget all this info in a month when I move on to something else.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post
    Cat basically getting crapped on all the time even bothered me as a kid. The only thing I really liked about the show was Winslow and that little bird girl with the accent. I remember Catdog even having a movie that they aired about finding their parents, but it was odd even by the show's standards and had a really unsatisfying payoff with their adoptive parents being the ones they found, rather than their biological ones.
    I remember liking the bird too and I saw part of the movie where they found their parents. I don't think that I mind that they had adoptive parents instead of finding their biological ones, but it was pretty weak payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel
    As for Wolfgang, because I'm marathoning everything in a row beforehand, his voice being the original Arnold's is actually really noticeable in his first appearance (Longest Monday aka the trash can day one, early in season two.). If you watch it after a few season one episodes, you can kind of hear some of the same mannerisms in his voice (like the slight drone/raspiness), just (obviously) deeper. I don't know if they kept those voice actors because of contractual reasons or what, but I think it's pretty cool that they were able to still be part of the voice cast even after they couldn't play the title role anymore.

P.S. I realize this is insanely nerdy information, but I've been on a nostalgia bender for HA for the past few weeks and have been visiting its wiki while watching the show. XD I'll probably forget all this info in a month when I move on to something else.
    Since I watch the episodes through Nickelodeon's On Demand section, it probably isn't as noticeable to me, but I always thought of Wolfgang as an older bully version of Arnold for some reason, so the fact that he's voiced by Arnold's first voice actor is pretty cool. It was nice that they could keep them as part of the cast after they couldn't voice Arnold anymore. I like insanely nerdy information myself.

defunctzombie is online now I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've never watched Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, or even Breaking Bad. Sherlock, Dr Who, nothing new really strikes me. Maybe it's the lack of cable.

But I do like Hannibal. I love it, especially what they've done with Will and Hannibal's relationship. It's not like Red Dragon, where Hannibal turned on Will because he got caught. This one has him playing with him the whole way, and it's awesome. I don't like though that the show's writers seem to cherry pick the best lines from the movies for material. There's one character that's so obviously based on Clarice, they even give her some of Clarice's lines.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Dr. Daedalus is offline I'm WikiBear!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    I've never watched Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, or even Breaking Bad. Sherlock, Dr Who, nothing new really strikes me. Maybe it's the lack of cable.
    Same. I'm so far behind in all these critically acclaimed/popular new mainstream shows. One of these days I've gotta get on Netflix.

Darklordavaitor is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like a lot of the "acclaimed" shows on TV, like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men, but TWD just isn't for me. Then again, to be fair, nothing is for everyone.

Oh, and speaking of Wolfgang from Hey Arnold!, I never understood why he and most of the fifth graders looked so old. It always seemed kind of creepy to me. Even the sixth graders didn't look as old as Wolfgang or Ludwig, if I remember correctly.