Quantcast
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Fascinating article on what could be accelerating the Antarctica glacier melting, and it could be beyond our control.

Before you dismiss the source, keep in mind this source is taking material from a nonpartisan source and reposting it (and also acknowledges climate change as a factor).
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Wounded_Dragon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Fascinating article on what could be accelerating the Antarctica glacier melting, and it could be beyond our control.

Before you dismiss the source, keep in mind this source is taking material from a nonpartisan source and reposting it (and also acknowledges climate change as a factor).
    And yet the only reason that source even bothered to report this is to try and frame climate change as non-manmade.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3) Boycott Tier 6!
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regardless of how much power we have to avoid these changes, should we still be taking this seriously as something that's happening and that we can prepare for? Continuing our current patterns of pollution certainly won't make things BETTER for us, that's for sure, but even if that wasn't a significant factor (though it is), shouldn't any government worth its salt be making serious plans to address the ongoing disaster?
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    Regardless of how much power we have to avoid these changes, should we still be taking this seriously as something that's happening and that we can prepare to? Continuing our current patterns of pollution certainly won't make things BETTER for us, that's for sure, but even if that wasn't a significant factor (though it is), shouldn't any government worth its salt be making serious plans to address the ongoing disaster?
    Tell that to China or India. While we cripple ourselves to reduce pollution, they pump far, far more greenhouse gases and the like into the air each day. We won't even make a dent if China and India don't stop.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tell that to China or India. While we cripple ourselves to reduce pollution, they pump far, far more greenhouse gases and the like into the air each day. We won't even make a dent if China and India don't stop.
    How are we crippling ourselves?

Obviously other countries are a part of the problem as well but that doesn't excuse all the denialists in America working to block environmental reform and not proposing alternatives.
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could we see forest back in Antartica, like they was millions years ago?

Meanwhile in Lake Superior, there was some iceberg sightings here and there.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789