Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Hero Ponchin is offline Hai Hai!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is your favorite sport?

Like This Thread!

Pretty self-explanatory. (And I'll thankfully avoid the "lazy, socially awkward nerd" stereotype, posting this on an entertainment website).

Personally, I enjoy soccer, because it is a very wild and physical game. These kinds of games appeal to be desire for wild and tough experiences.
    Last edited by Hero Ponchin; 04-29-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I didn't finish my sentence.
    "Motivation will always beat more talent."- Norman R. Augustine

"So does a hit-and run. Cleary, a wise man."-Turbo

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't forget you need to explain why you like the sport, otherwise this thread goes straight to the list topic graveyard.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Hero Ponchin is offline Hai Hai!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Don't forget you need to explain why you like the sport, otherwise this thread goes straight to the list topic graveyard.
    Sorry about that. The reason is that soccer, especially the offensive side, involves a lot of teamwork, and I enjoy being social. No man is an island,after all.

It also requires a lot of quick movements, inventiveness, and lower body strength, things that I have and/or desire in me.

Second is baseball, because of it's heavy reliance on organization and strategy. Although I haven't played baseball in a long time, I think I would be great at pitching and stealing bases.
    "Motivation will always beat more talent."- Norman R. Augustine

"So does a hit-and run. Cleary, a wise man."-Turbo

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In terms of watching, definitely hockey. It has a pace and intensity that's lacking in most other sports, so I find it the most appealing and fun to watch. (Plus, nothing can match the suspense of "Sudden Death" hockey overtime.) I was heavily into baseball and football when I was a kid. Nowadays I find baseball much too boring to watch on TV, but I recently attended a game and found it more enjoyable in person. (I think it's the quiet, laid back on-air commentators that makes it hard for me to watch on TV.) I got a little bit back into football last season, but really only watched my hometown 49ers. I like soccer, but the crowds annoy me too much.

In terms of playing, I've always loved volleyball, though I rarely get to play it these days. I was always pretty good at that and loved playing it in P.E. when I was in school. I was on various baseball and soccer teams in my youth, so I can play those pretty well. But again, I rarely get the chance these days.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Justified, Ripper Street, Toy Hunter.

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I played softball for 18 years, including four years in college, so I'm going to go with that
    Spoiler:

Of course, I tore my ACL pitching, sprained my MCL during rehab for my ACL, and have done some damage to my shoulder that I should get looked at at some point...

Naturally, I'm also a baseball fan; I've been a Braves fan since before I can remember. I enjoy the strategy of the game. I follow the Braves religiously during the season. Plenty of people find the game boring to watch, but there's strategy behind every move, so I find it fascinating to watch the pieces move since I'm so familiar with the ins and outs of the game.

I also watch football, but only my hometown Falcons; I don't have much attachment to the sport otherwise.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

dothesmartthing is offline "Folks call me Wander."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll consider track and field as my favorite sport. A lot of people told me that I'm a fast runner (and walker) when I was in school. I even won second place doing a mile run in third grade, and that almost got me into thinking about joining the Olympics. Running or jogging is an excellent exercise which is what I do almost everyday, and it keeps me healthy and strong.

For the other sports, I really don't watch them on TV often, though I might catch a baseball or football game once in a while.
    "The wastebasket is a writer's best friend." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Freelance writer and atmosphere/weather curator at Helium Network.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Couchsitting. Except sometimes it just gets too tiring. I am an extremely lazy person, possibly the laziest in Perry County, which would put me high in the running for laziest worldwide.

But I do walk and weightlift when I have to to lose weight.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like martial arts and swordplay, probably because I grew up on Mortal Kombat and Soul Blade (that was the first Soul Calibur game). Something about doing things like smashing blocks without any instruments is really appealing.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably football. 6 years ago I would've said Soccer, but I started playing Football (not actually on a team, but an every month hobbie) I like Baseball too, but HATE playing in the Outfield.

I hate Basketball, I find it really boring for some weird reason.
    Last edited by spartanx54; 04-29-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

GatorMan92 is offline Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Football is easily my favorite sport, especially the college level of the game. I enjoy seeing the SEC dominate the other conferences like nobody's business, and I look forward to the bowl games when the holidays roll around. I highly enjoy the NFL too, but I often think it puts itself on a higher pedestal then it deserves to be.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan92 View Post
    Football is easily my favorite sport, especially the college level of the game.
    Hard to put my finger on it, but there is something "special" about college or even minor league sports. In 2010 I got really wrapped up in the College World Series. UCLA did incredible and went all the way to the Finals, but it was so upsetting when they lost. I'd never watched college baseball before that, but for some reason it just sort of clicked and I got so into it.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Justified, Ripper Street, Toy Hunter.

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ever since I was a kid I loved soccer , though I'm not really good at it.

I love to run a lot so a game that involves running and kicking a ball feels natural I suppose.

SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Competitive dressage:

.... well, i'm not exactly there^ yet, but competing is my ultimate goal; it'll take a while (and lots of money) to get to that level, and i'm willing to invest the effort since apparently i have a natural talent for this stuff. For now though, i'm happy taking lessons and cross country (not trail) riding. And yes, this is a sport, a very grueling one when it comes to those freaking stamina exercises my teacher puts me through (no stopping until my legs feel like noodles).

Other sports? Well, i took a couple ballroom classes in college and absolutely loved it. if i could afford it, i would still be taking lessons; but i'm perfectly content watching Dancing with the Stars every monday and tuesday nights (loves me some yummy Derek Hough ).

As far as watching but not playing, obviously soccer. I get Fifa fever every 4 years...
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

BB: A New Beginning