Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marvin Tikvah is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I've been drowning in nostalgic throwbacks for the past few weeks. I'm not one to usually embrace getting your mind stuck in the past, but at the same time I can't deny that life did feel much simpler when I was a child.
    A UNICEF contribution of thirteen cents will feed a child for a month. Man, living in Africa must be great! Everything’s so cheap. - Michael Kelso, That '70s Show.
    Check out that cloud over there. It's so poofy...poof. - Ty Lee, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

AniRev|MFC|Backlog

darkdetective is online now Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was bullied as a kid, yet sometimes I still find myself being nostalgic, for reasons I don't quite comprehend. I think Johnathan in Buffy the Vampire Slayer explained how I feel really well:
    "I'm serious, I really miss it. Time goes by, and everything just drops away. All the cruelty, all the pain, all the humiliation... it all washes away. I miss my friends, I miss my enemies, I miss the people I talked to every day and the people who didn't know I existed. I miss them all. I want to talk to them, you know? I want to find out how they're doing, I want to know what's going on in their lives."
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personal thread. I get nostalgic of the good times and want to forget the bad times. My early childhood was great and I wish I could bring back some of that positive energy, but my adolescence was a giant fumble that I'd rather forget. I think it's good to be nostalgic so that one can learn from their mistakes more completely.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well facebook's timeline profile can definitely make you feel that way. I recently switched and man do i miss my college days. A lot of good times were had, great friends met, and personal growth achieved. I wouldn't mind going back and reliving it, but i prefer looking forward than dwelling on the past that could make me stuck.

As far as high school is concerned? Darkdetective, your quote pretty much hit the nail on the head. My high school years weren't necessarily traumatic, but i've definitely had better times in my life. Yet i harbor no ill feelings towards those experiences (no matter how cringe inducing some are). I actually miss my teenage years despite the regrets i've collected, and the thing i love about Facebook is that it's allowed me to connect with friends from those days and catch up with them, see how they're doing after those years, many of whom have moved on to become better people.

The best thing about remembering high school years though, is that they remind me of how well i'm doing now. Sure i had great times back then, but it's also when i hit my lowest lows. So when i'm down in the dumps these days, i just tell myself i've pushed through tougher circumstances, and it works most of the time.
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

BB: A New Beginning

Destiny of Awe is offline Should update a lot of things
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am very, very nostalgic.
    My childhood was....eh, it wasn't the best, but it was good enough. I can't say much about my teenage years since I'm only 14, but so far they've been pretty average as well.

Anyway, my nostalgia...

It all started the first time I moved from the southern part of San Jose, CA, to the central part.
    Sure, my friends and relatives were only a 15 minute drive away, but I was really close with all the people in my old neighborhood.

My nostalgia actually managed to INCREASE. Why?
    Because my parents decided to move to a small town 40 miles away. Away from pretty much everything I've ever known.

This resulted in some deep bouts of depression on my part.
    Facebook has helped some, but it's saddening when some of your friends don't remember you anymore.

But, despite all this, I still have some hopes for the future, but it sure is taking a long time for those hopes to get fulfilled.
    "Don't worry guys, this time, I'm back for sure!"

Yeahhhhh, I have a bad knack for lying.

sun
    sun is offline You stay, I go
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow...memo from George O'Hare,

Memo from GEORGE O'HARE ...thoughts about living in the past
    [
    YESTERDAY , TODAY... TOMORROW
    There are two days in every week about which we should not worry. Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension. One of these days is YESTERDAY with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders. Its aches and pains. YESTERDAY has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back YESTERDAY. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said... YESTERDAY is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW with its possible adversaries, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. TOMORROW is also beyond our immediate control. TOMORROW's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in TOMORROW for it is as yet unborn. This leaves us only one day... TODAY. Any person can fight the battle of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities...YESTERDAY and TOMORROW that we break down. It is not the experience of TODAY that drives people made -- it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened YESTERDAY and the dread of what TOMORROW will bring.
    LET US THEREFORE LIVE BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME, ONE HOUR AT A TIME, ONE SECOND AT A TIME.
    WHEN is the most important moment in our life? WHEN?... The answer is NOW, since we can touch it, see it, drink it, love it... Too many of us go around all of our life saying... "Remember the good old days!"... FORGET THE GOOD OLD DAYS... Every time we "LIVE YESTERDAY" we "AVOID TODAY" and when we "AVOID TODAY" we "RUIN TOMORROW." In fact... "LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF IT'S OUR LAST AND SOMEDAY WE WILL BE RIGHT!"
    Last edited by sun; 05-06-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    “The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it...Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. ” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

...... Peace, Faith, Love, and Hope.

Radiant is offline Foreverrrrr!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a very nostalgic person. But not so much to my 'childhood'. Unless you count my teen years as my childhood, which I suppose many do. I just associate 'childhood' with like 12 and before for some reason. I am very nostalgic toward back when I was 15 - 18.

Nostalgia can be a neat thing, but this nostalgia is incredibly painful and makes me depressed every time it comes up. For you see, when I was about to turn 19 my life started to flip upside down.

I wish I could just forget the past in that sense. In the past I practically lived a completely different life from the one I have today. One that I did not understand how good I really had it, to make matters worse.

So nostalgia toward that time of my life - especially 17 and 18 - can really bring my mood down. It could probably drive me insane, actually. I still haven't completely accepted that life is gone, even though it very much is.

I do have nostalgia for things before my later teen years, though, and for some reason they aren't as painful.
    ~Woodwinds are ~
    MyAnimeList | deviantArt

Cyberville Outcast is offline The Busiest Lazy Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just hoping to keep this thread alive .

I do get nostalgic at times, because I had a good childhood I must admit, I always like to remember the days when my responsibilities weren't so piled up. Even by just watching older tv shows/movies, I start to remember fondly on the stuff I grew up on. That said, even though the memories are great, I try not to dwell in the past (a mistake many, many people make) simply because time keeps on moving, and the more you are stuck in the past, the harder it is to enjoy the present, honestly....

On the other hand, there were parts of my past that I would prefer to lock in a safe and dump in a volcano: my high school years, freshmen year in particular. But I won't go into detail here, as much as I'd like to forget my life that year, the past makes up who you are basically, so it's hard for me to completely leave it behind no matter how good or bad the past was. It seems all I can do is keep the past in the very back of my mind, and use it as a reference to not make the same mistakes I have done freshmen year. So far...it seems to have been working just smoothly.
    From entertainment to animation to life, I talk about anything here:

http://cybervillesanctuary.blogspot.com/

SaBel is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I miss being a kid

I seldom watch TV, but I enjoy watching CN when my nephews are here at home. They always go for CN or Disney. I love Courage the Cowardly dog, they usually watch Tom and Jerry. It was like a cartoon marathon all day everyday when they are here.

How I miss being a KID, all you do is watch all cartoons and animes.

Just sharing.
    FAIRY TAIL is the BEST!

lg tv

lg tv

Fusion is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is no reason why as an adult (i assume) you can't fit cartoons and anime into your tv viewing schedules. But you still have to live an adult life.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast