Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sparticus is offline Should be drawing right now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Speaking as someone who works at one of these types of stores (not Best Buy, I work at a different store), we are instructed to assume the customer wants our help and services when it comes to computers and other machinery. We don't know if the customer is a techie or not..
    There's a big difference between helping someone find what they want, and trying to sell them a bunch of stuff they don't need.
    "Hello Destiny! I'm coming to see you! I was just with your friend Duty, he said very bad things about you!" - Freakazoid
    "Who am I? I'm the most bad-ass high flying soap bubble of 'em all!" - Sakata Gintoki, Gintama Volume 3, Chapter 22
    Spartytoons | DeviantArt | The Odyssey of Llamacorn

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in the middle of nowhere so I barely get to go to Best Buy, but it'd be a shame if they went away. I already lost Borders, I really don't want my shopping trips to become totally pointless...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    My only problem with Best Buy is the DVD selection is just a joke nowadays. They used to have tons of titles that I could easily browse for the better part of an hour. Nowadays I walk up and down the DVD aisles looking, and I'm done in less than ten minutes. It's a shame, because as WalMart and Target started sucking for DVD selections, and great places like Suncoast started closing, Best Buy was like my last bastion for finding newer and especially older titles.
    FYE is really the only place like Suncoast video that exists anymore, in terms of the number and variety of DVDs they have. Unfortunately, a lot of FYE stores are closing too, so they're becoming harder to find. It's a shame that really the only place that you can find a really good variety of old and rare DVDs anymore is the internet.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTwacy View Post
    FYE is really the only place like Suncoast video that exists anymore, in terms of the number and variety of DVDs they have. Unfortunately, a lot of FYE stores are closing too, so they're becoming harder to find. It's a shame that really the only place that you can find a really good variety of old and rare DVDs anymore is the internet.
    There was an FYE store that was a lot closer to me and it doesn't come up in searches anymore. I wonder what happened to it. I see that there are also six states with no FYE stores (Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, and South Dakota). Come to think of it, I'm wondering if they ever had any FYE stores. They tend to be rather overpriced though.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The FYE in the Mall of America is gone, which means the only remaining FYE in Minnesota is in Burnsville. It was only a matter of time, since a Best Buy opened up just down the hall, but it still sucks. FYE had a lot of stuff that BB deems "too old".

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Our FYE is pretty useless. Next to no sales, and their CD selection, while being the biggest in the county, is far too overpriced to be useful.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    FYE is just one more business that deserves to fail, IMHO - the overpriced new DVD/CD releases being a key factor in a reason I can come up with, hands down!

I'm better off just sticking to online shopping, IMHO - better prices and better treatment, even if you don't always see everything you're buying...
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAnarchist View Post
    FYE is just one more business that deserves to fail, IMHO - the overpriced new DVD/CD releases being a key factor in a reason I can come up with, hands down!

I'm better off just sticking to online shopping, IMHO - better prices and better treatment, even if you don't always see everything you're buying...
    DVD sets are about the only thing I get online, since I discovered that I can get them cheaper that way.

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I shopped at Best Buy yesterday for the first time in... god, forever. The last time I went into the store, it was after Christmas to look at TV sets I was going to eventually buy online

But they were having an incredible sale on Supernatural Blu-rays (seasons 1-6, $18.99 each) so I picked up all six seasons. I almost bought them online but a couple of the seasons were out of stock, so I went to the brick and mortar store. But while I was browsing, I was approached by a guy trying to get me to switch my cable... Um, please leave me alone. Getting approached like that totally creeps my cheese and is likely to keep me from going back in unless there is another deal like this one that I can't miss.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehairedwonder View Post
    But while I was browsing, I was approached by a guy trying to get me to switch my cable... Um, please leave me alone. Getting approached like that totally creeps my cheese and is likely to keep me from going back in unless there is another deal like this one that I can't miss.
    I had that happen to me once. Yeah, not cool.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast