cartoonscartoons is offline I cant help it, if I'm lucky
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do people dislike trolls/general idiots?

Like This Thread!
    I don't understand why most people dislike those people who post completely ridiculous things and trolls. I find them entertainging.
    How bout you? If not, then how come?

cognitofalcon is offline G'night evry' body!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonscartoons
    I don't understand why most people dislike those people who post completely ridiculous things and trolls. I find them entertainging.
    How bout you? If not, then how come?

Because they remind me of the idiot football players at my school who cause nothing but trouble in every single class every single day and won't shut up.
    I now use Tumblr regularly.
    http://cognitofalcon.tumblr.com/
    I'm also participating in Let's Plays now (Among other things)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SAFGuys

Not as cynical now a'days =) I am much happier too!

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TBH sometimes I do find them funny. To me, they only really irritate me is when they interrupt a serious conversation on a message board. Usually threads started by trolls are okay in small doses.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People think that trolls on the internet are funny, but in real life, trolls are kin to jerks and criminals.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

PunkPhantom is offline Addicted to Toons & Tunes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IMO there are 2 types of trolls. There are the trolls who post stupid/funny things that make people laugh and there are the trolls who are complete jackasses to everyone, insulting others to make themselves look cool. I think it's the latter type that everyone hates.
    "Pencil... Paper... Combine" -JG Quintel
    "Though he acts intoxicated, he's just highly animated!" -Max Goof
    March 14, 2013 Vancouver, BC

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on the type of troll we are talking about here:

1) The type of troll who is just trying to act funny and absurd tends to be liked more because they are only simply kidding most of the time. Though, some trolls like this do have rude attentions.

2) The type of troll who just has a flat out rude behavior and not considering other people's feelings at all. They tend to create arguments for fun and know the outcome won't look very pretty. I don't find these type of people funny at all and it really makes me disappointed to see people who actually get a thrill by insulting others or creating unnecessary arguments. It tells you a lot about somebody when they perform these acts in the first place.

So number 2 is the troll I don't like, while number one can give me a chuckle if it's actually funny.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People's reaction to trolls trolling them makes me laugh. But when someone trolls me, I don't take it personally, remember guys, it's just the Internet.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

The Old Maid is offline Voice in the wilderness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trolls and posters in general come in different categories, and some are a bigger nuisance than others. Usually the biggest problem is that they get your goat. Sort of like dragging you down to their level and beating you with experience. However sometimes they can mess up an online community pretty well ebfore they're contained.

Even the harmless ones can be a pain if your Internet time/money/bandwidth is limited. Time sinks should be as easy to recognize in people as in websites.

Trolls are the TV Tropes of human time sinks.
    Sponsor a child | Upper Room | "World's Finest" Bat-essays | Wertham's Ghost | Genealogy of Jesus |

My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind Left Behind and random reviews of other stuff

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just think you have the wrong idea of what trolling is. Rule of thumb, if you aren't pissing people off, hurting feelings, and sowing chaos in the community, then you aren't really successfully trolling. In other words, it's not lulz until somebody gets hurt.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.