Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindness King View Post
    I'm glad Santorum pulled out yesterday. He would run this country under a theocracy if he got the nomination and won the election. I mean I'm Christian, and yes this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, but we are supposed to have freedom of religion and I don't believe God or Jesus would want people forced into their kingdom against their will; they want them to accept them of their own free will.

EDIT: That being said, I don't want this to somehow get off-topic. This is just what I feel about Santorum's campaign.
    I just want to say, this is one of the best posts I've seen in this thread and I want to thank you for typing it.

Anyway, while you guys are debating over the women's rights issue, I'll be over here, sitting this one out. I'm pretty that (this is something the GOP needs to learn) due to the fact that I don't have a uterus, I don't have any control over how women use theirs. This entire thread is just getting insane anyway.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    Anyway, while you guys are debating over the women's rights issue, I'll be over here, sitting this one out. I'm pretty that (this is something the GOP needs to learn) due to the fact that I don't have a uterus, I don't have any control over how women use theirs. This entire thread is just getting insane anyway.
    As much as I'd love to fight back more effectively than just signing petitions against this "war", I have to agree with you.

Most importantly, hearing all this news about rape being legalized and abortion being demonized (even though I'm sure a lot of us can't afford to have kids, period - cold hard truth) - it's sickening and I'm more ashamed to be American now than I ever was hearing it.

However - and this is me hoping for something good to come out of all of this for everyone, this behavior, especially from the GOP (even though I'm sure there are supporters of them who do know better than this) across the nation, if anything, should be costing them voters for thinking they can control women like it's the 16th - 17th centuries... This alone paints a bad picture of all of us Americans worldwide and what we stand for, IMHO - and it needs to be curbed hard.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAnarchist View Post
    Most importantly, hearing all this news about rape being legalized and abortion being demonized (even though I'm sure a lot of us can't afford to have kids, period - cold hard truth) - it's sickening and I'm more ashamed to be American now than I ever was hearing it.
    Did I miss something? When was it ever discussed about making rape legal?

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
    Did I miss something? When was it ever discussed about making rape legal?
    They introduced an anti-abortion funding measure that sought to redefine "forcible rape." It in no way made rape legal, but it took away access to federal funding for abortion in a lot of cases where it would have been funded through exemptions before. After a lot of pressure from the left they changed it.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011...-rape-abortion

The horrifying part of this is that it seems to indicate some of these guys think it can't be rape if there aren't a few bruises and broken bones. It would make rape legal if they were allowed to make this definition the law of the land, although I don't think the American public would ever stand for that.

Herman Cain made a new ad that, cripes man, it's hard to even make jokes about these anymore. They are so bat-crap, flying over the moon and screaming "fiddley dee" crazy that what the heck do you say? This one involves a chicken mauling.

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 04-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently there is some sort of fervor over comments made about Mitt Romney's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    Democratic strategist and CNN contributor Hilary Rosen apologized Thursday to Ann Romney, wife of presumptive GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, for criticizing her choice to be a stay-at-home mother.

"I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended," Rosen said in statement.

Rosen sparked a firestorm of criticism by suggesting Wednesday evening on CNN that Romney was not qualified to help her husband on the campaign trail address women's issues.

“Guess what, (Romney’s) wife has actually never worked a day in her life," said Rosen, who has twins with ex-partner Elizabeth Birch.

In her apology, Rosen also said: “Let’s put the faux ‘war against stay at home moms’ to rest once and for all. As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is. As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen."
    If we can drop the "faux war against stay at home moms", can we drop the faux "war on women" in general?

Meanwhile, here's an article declaring that Romney's Mormon faith will become an issue in the Fall campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Richard Land is the public policy chief for the Southern Baptist Convention, the country’s largest evangelical denomination. He said Wednesday that he expects that the news media will make Mormonism more of an issue in an attempt to get independent voters to support President Barack Obama.

The news media “are going to go into startling detail in specials about what will be considered by many independents the rather exotic beliefs of Mormonism, like baptism for the dead, in hopes they can turn off independents who say ‘I don’t want to vote for a guy that believes that,’” said Land.

Speaking to a group of CNN journalists in Washington, Land said that most evangelicals are familiar with the tenets of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the official church of Mormonism, because the two groups are competing for converts.

Most evangelicals already “know what Mormonism believes and most of them are prepared to vote for Mitt Romney in a general election against Barack Obama in spite of his Mormonism,” Land said.

Land does not endorse candidates but has been close to Republican administrations like George W. Bush’s and has met with Romney on more than one occasion.

Asked about Land's prediction about Romney's Mormonism becoming a bigger issue in the general election, Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said that "most people don't care if you go to a different church."

"What matters for the vast majority of voters is shared values," she said in an e-mail message. "In Mitt Romney they have a candidate who believes in faith, patriotism, hard work, and sacrifice. All they have to do is look at his family and how he lives his life."

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rosen definitely went too far, there.

I think Land is massively overestimating the general public, even Evangelical's, knowledge about Mormonism. Most of what they believe is a confused mess of stuff mixed up with what they kinda know about Jehovah's witnesses.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I spotted a clip on Youtube showing Whoopi Goldberg on ABC "The View" wasn't agree with Rosen's comments.

Edit: I don't know if there more Canadians mainly from Quebec who check this thread. I couldn't resist to think of a parallel of Rosen's comment with former Quebec minister Lise Payette who did a negative comments about the women who taked the side of "No" during the 1980 Quebec referendum calling them the "Yvettes", her comment galvanized the opposition. http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categorie...st-say-no.html
    Last edited by stephane dumas; 04-12-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Adding additionnal infos

Wounded_Dragon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post

Herman Cain made a new ad that, cripes man, it's hard to even make jokes about these anymore. They are so bat-crap, flying over the moon and screaming "fiddley dee" crazy that what the heck do you say? This one involves a chicken mauling.

I love how the only statistic quoted is an opinion poll. Says a lot about the argument.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3) Boycott Tier 6!
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

Jacob is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think most evangelicals will vote for Romney just to get Obama out of office - it's the fundamentalists he has to worry about. I'm not sure what percentage of voters they are, but I could see fundamentalist Christians staying home and not voting for Romney. I don't think they'll be a large enough group to swing any states, though.

Interestingly, in 1928, the deep South supported a liberal Catholic New Yorker just because he was the Democratic nominee (the South was heavily Democratic at the time), even when the landslide Republican victor had pursued a Southern strategy. If southerners can support a guy who they all thought took orders from the Pope in 1928, I'm sure they can support a Mormon who is very quiet about his religion in 2012.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The next fight is over tax returns. Obama released his today to put the pressure on Romney. Romney has been reluctant to release this kind of stuff in the past and it's made him look bad, but he knows the info in his returns can hurt him, too, so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And like I said before, this is the kind of thing that where the GOP will falter. They believe their own hype and think they're running against the ineffectual but still scary boogeyman version of Obama they created to scare people. But the real one does stuff like this, he's not so easy to outmaneuver.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 04-13-2012 at 03:55 PM.

I'm very humble, too.