Shawn Hopkins is online now TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

You tell them, Sun. Or, in pictorial form:

http://leftycartoons.com/the-24-types-of-libertarian/

But, even more simply:

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Smart phone apps, Gary Johnson Youtube videos, and libertarian essays and cartoons? Well okay, but in case you missed it:

With the completion of the Texas primary yesterday Mitt Romney has officially won enough delegates to get the Republican nomination. The gauntlet is cast! Romney vs. Obama: the Battle for America has begun!

Surprisingly, there's still a few primaries left, including California's primary next Tuesday. What if some of these primaries had come earlier? If Texas had occurred in late February or early March, we'd be talking a different story here...

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    Smart phone apps, Gary Johnson Youtube videos, and libertarian essays and cartoons? Well okay, but in case you missed it:

With the completion of the Texas primary yesterday Mitt Romney has officially won enough delegates to get the Republican nomination. The gauntlet is cast! Romney vs. Obama: the Battle for America has begun!

Surprisingly, there's still a few primaries left, including California's primary next Tuesday. What if some of these primaries had come earlier? If Texas had occurred in late February or early March, we'd be talking a different story here...
    Now that the 2012 general election has been made "official(even though its been that way for over a month)," will you do a new thread or will this thread be the one to take us to November 6th?

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no problems with this one staying as is for continuity reasons, so whatever works.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, I was probably just going to follow the format from 2008, with the thread closing now that the primaries have ended, and then relaunching with a Fall "General Election" thread.

But I was also going to use the opportunity to take a little break. I know due to server issues, this thread hasn't seen as much activity lately, but it can take a lot of dedication to moderate a thread such as this. So I was going to take a brief vacation from having an active Election thread on the Cafe. And then we'll come back in a couple of weeks (give or take) and start a discussion for the Fall Election (either by reopening this thread, or starting up a new one).

So I guess this is my way of saying, if you have any remaining thoughts on the primaries from these last few months, better share them now!

Yash is offline dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh. And here I thought Ron Paul had ALL the delegates.

Jacob is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    Actually, I was probably just going to follow the format from 2008, with the thread closing now that the primaries have ended, and then relaunching with a Fall "General Election" thread.

But I was also going to use the opportunity to take a little break. I know due to server issues, this thread hasn't seen as much activity lately, but it can take a lot of dedication to moderate a thread such as this. So I was going to take a brief vacation from having an active Election thread on the Cafe. And then we'll come back in a couple of weeks (give or take) and start a discussion for the Fall Election (either by reopening this thread, or starting up a new one).

So I guess this is my way of saying, if you have any remaining thoughts on the primaries from these last few months, better share them now!
    That's fine if you wait to post the new thread, but I don't know that it's necessary to close this one yet. Of course the primary election is over and the race is quiet for awhile, but this thread should quiet down too and shouldn't be as much work to monitor. We could leave it open though, just to cover any pre-convention developments in the race.

In other news, Willard M. Romney (R-MA) unofficially captured the Republican nomination Tuesday after winning Texas (he has enough delegates). Maybe surprisingly, Newt Gingrich is making the rounds, encouraging Republicans to gather behind Romney. I for one thought he was still pissed at Romney and would want to take a vacation for awhile before making public appearances again. Of course, he is four million dollars in debt, so maybe he's hoping Gov. Romney and speaking fees from the media will help pay that off if he's nice.

And yes, Paul's not campaigning anymore, but he's still gaining a few delegates. I don't know that he'll get a spot at the Republican convention though, like he was hoping. If not than Ron Paul is gone forever now, since he's retiring after this do-nothing session of Congress is over.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob2037 View Post
    That's fine if you wait to post the new thread, but I don't know that it's necessary to close this one yet. Of course the primary election is over and the race is quiet for awhile, but this thread should quiet down too and shouldn't be as much work to monitor. We could leave it open though, just to cover any pre-convention developments in the race.
    After talking with my fellow moderators, we will close this thread and relaunch it with a new thread specifically for the Fall General Election, but instead of taking a full break, we're going to keep the discussion going! So look for a new thread to premiere hopefully later on today or tomorrow.

But this looks like as good an opportunity as any to bring this chapter in the discussion to a close! Thanks to all who participated in such a cordial manner in this political discussion experiment.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34