Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Re: Hawaii Five-0, I really enjoyed it. I like the cast a lot, find the plots fun. Unfortunately, it's on at the same time as both Castle and Smash, so when Castle is new, I won't be able to watch live.

I'm currently rewatching some White Collar. After Glee released the full performance of Darren Criss and Matt Bomer singing "Somebody That I Used To Know" from next week's episode, I realized needed more of the flawless Matt Bomer in my life. I also haven't been this excited for a Glee episode in... I don't know how long.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not watching anything right now, in fact, I'm robbing myself of sleep, as I'll be up in 3.5 hours -.-

But here's what I'm generally watching weekly

Weeknights: 5pm: Intentional Talk -- 6pm-7pm: Pokemon
    Monday: 8pm-8:30p Regular Show -- 8:30pm-9pm MAD
    Tuesday: 8pm: NCIS -- 9pm: NCIS: Los Angeles (record Biggest Loser to watch after NCIS:LA)
    Thursday: 10pm-11pm: Impractical Jokers
    Friday: 8pm: Cartoon Planet (when I remember it's on) < Hello!
    Saturday: 8pm: Dan vs

When the Detroit Tigers are playing, I'm usually there (2-0 start!). I'll also watch a random baseball game at any given time

I also catch The 90s Are All That, but lately only been watching when Rugrats are on

I also watch Wipeout on ABC and TruTV, but as of now, both don't air it

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lets see.

I saw Hunger Games, which was really good.

I also watched new episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man, which were okay, and Avengers, which were alot better.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Needed something new to get addicted to so I started Chuck. Very fun show.

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Capping off the night with Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. Wanted to watch more than one, but things got busy this evening. I'll have to the save the real marathon for the next Friday the 13th in July.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching seaosn 4 of McMillan & Wife and season 2 of The FBI.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching Okuirbito, otherwise known as Departures. I just realized that the film's score is by none other than Joe Hisaishi, the man behind Ghibli's music. It's a pretty awesome score, I can't believe I didn't notice earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Capping off the night with Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. Wanted to watch more than one, but things got busy this evening. I'll have to the save the real marathon for the next Friday the 13th in July.
    That one's one of my favorites. I'm not quite sure why, though. Maybe it's the better characterization of the lead over the last one he was in.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Catching up with the last few things I've seen.

I Know Who Killed Me (2007) - Lindsay Lohan proves that when she's on she can be a really good actress. It was a very frustrating movie to watch, and ultimately I didn't like it. But it had a very cool twist that I didn't see coming, and from a visual standpoint it looked great.

Galaxy of Terror (1981) - Standard Alien rip-off from Roger Corman that is equal parts fun, stupid, and just plain strange. Sid Haig looks the same now as he did thirty years ago, and it's cool to see Robert England in a non-villain role. Still better than anything Sci-Fi/Syfy has made in the last decade.

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992) - One of the few John Carpenter movies I haven't seen a lot. My first time watching it in, I'd say, at least fifteen years. Nowhere near as bad as its reputation would suggest. It's not on par with The Thing or Assault on Precinct 13, but it's a fun movie and I totally buy Chevy Chase as a less-comedic leading man. A shame he couldn't have parlayed this into more non-comedy roles.

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    That one's one of my favorites. I'm not quite sure why, though. Maybe it's the better characterization of the lead over the last one he was in.
    Yeah, Tommy Jarvis is a lot more "enjoyable" than he was in Part V. Plus, Tom McLoughlin's direction is really nice, there's a good sense of humor, and the production values are some of the strongest of the series.
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently re watching season 2 of the Spectacular Spider Man, also finished watching Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Captain America. I like this one better than Thor, while my mom is the opposite. She has a thing for the viking type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Captain America. I like this one better than Thor, while my mom is the opposite. She has a thing for the viking type.
    I like all the stuff on Asgard, but all the fish-out-of-water stuff on Earth was a bore and it peaked way too early with the Frost Giant battle just a half-hour in. Hemsworth was well-cast. I love Captain America, though. It's the only Marvel Cinematic Universe movie I own.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. I fidget in my seat until the scene where Thor regains the hammer.

Anyway, right now I'm watching Kamikaze Girls for the billionth time, and I can't believe it took me this long to catch this. The lead keeps trying to weasel money for designer clothes out of her father, and at one point says her friend has a terrible heart problem, and there's doctor that can fix it but he's unlicensed and it will cost a billion yen. Wonder who that is?

dothesmartthing is offline "Folks call me Wander."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm watching the NCIS Los Angeles/Hawaii Five-0 crossover, where both teams work to stop the suspect from spreading a killer virus.
    "The wastebasket is a writer's best friend." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Freelance writer and atmosphere/weather curator at Helium Network.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm presently watching Gurren Lagann with my friend Jake. Easily one of the best anime I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen something so entirely feuled by Rule of Cool. So excellent!

Weekly I catch Adventure time, Regular Show, Thundercats, and Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness if it would come back already.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching a ton of Mystery Science Theater 3000 lately. At first, I was just going through the series in order from KTMA to Season 10, but shortly into Season 3 I got the urge to jump around and start watching some of the episodes I haven't seen in a couple of years. I've been watching and re-watching Seasons 4 through 7 (my favorite period of the show) for so long, my memories of the last three seasons have become sort of distant. There's a few SciFi Channel-era episodes I hadn't watched in upwards of half a decade, and I'd forgotten how fall-down funny they were. "Track of the Moon Beast", "The Screaming Skull", "The Leech Woman", "Agent for H.A.R.M.", "It Lives By Night", etc. - all hilarious stuff.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've basically been rewatching Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger in preparation of The Avengers. Out of all those, Hulk was actually the only one I didn't see in theaters and I thought it was pretty good. Really like the take in this Hulk movie more than the last one.

Captain America is a great film. It feels like a WWII era movie made with today's multimillion dollar budgets and I am sucker for things set in WWII era, in fact some of my favorite Looney Tunes shorts were made during the War Effort. But every time I see the ending, I always feel sad for Steve considering how he remember the date he had with Peggy Carter and how it's likely that she's dead by now.

Thor is great when we were in Asgard, but yeah it dragged when we were in New Mexico, if only because I found Jane's friend to be annoying character. Still, Chris Hemsworth is now the voice of Thor I hear whenever I read a comic with Marvel's Thor in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    But every time I see the ending, I always feel sad for Steve considering how he remember the date he had with Peggy Carter and how it's likely that she's dead by now.
    It's the most heart-breaking ending to a big fun summer action movie I've ever seen. Although I think it was Joss Whedon who said they considered a scene in The Avengers where Steve Rogers visits her in the present when she's very old, but ultimately decided it wasn't necessarly for their story. So maybe that's something they could do in Cap's own sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    Thor is great when we were in Asgard, but yeah it dragged when we were in New Mexico, if only because I found Jane's friend to be annoying character. Still, Chris Hemsworth is now the voice of Thor I hear whenever I read a comic with Marvel's Thor in it.
    Oh, a BIG yes on Jane's friend played by Kat Dennings. I don't think I've seen a more useless character in recent memory. It's like she only exists just to fawn over Thor and hand somebody a laptop, and that's it. You could have removed her character from the film and it would have had no virtually affect on the rest of the story. LOL!

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching the complete series of Mr. Show with Bob and David for the first time. I'd seen episodes of it before, and thought they were funny, but this is the first time I've watched every single episode.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished watching Chuck tonight. Wow, what a ride. I'm really sorry that I missed it while it was on TV but am glad I've seen it. That finale... I was bawling, not gonna lie. Seriously, total love. Needed more Bryce, though.

Find me:

ReWatchable Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After Memoirs of an Invisible Man, was able to watch another John Carpenter movie I've not seen in years: Starman. Been over twenty years since I last saw it, but it was great to rediscover it. Such a wonderful movie. Very sad but ultimately an uplifting and hopeful movie. Who would have expected, after such grim stories as Assault on Precinct 13 and The Thing, that Carpenter would turn around with a film that makes you teary-eyed? Jeff Bridges' performance is terrific and totally deserving of the Oscar nomination.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast