Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    skin ticket is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    i've recently started reading "Dante's Purgatorio" part 2 of Dante Alighieri's "A Divine Comedy." I loved "Dante's Inferno" (part 1) i'm sure this will be just as good.

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finished Just Ella and now I'm on to Holes. I haven't read it in a while, so I didn't realize how accurate the movie was.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Vyse is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished reading All You Need Is Kill earlier tonight. The ending did surprise me and was a bit bittersweet, but overall a great, fast read. Almost makes me want a sequel.

Now, I'm on the fourth Gears of War book, Coalition's End. Going to be interesting how this leads up to the third game.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

Prof. Mecavio is offline The New No.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Started to read Lermontov's A Hero of Our Time today and so far, I'm enjoying it immensely. It's one of those books where the pages seem to turn themselves, so to speak.
    "There are no heroes anymore, only villains of varying degrees".
    -J Saint Gideon, "Tex Murphy: Overseer"

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lately I've been reading the Legend of Drizzt series of books by R.A Salvatore, they've been really fun so far and currently I'm on book 5. I love fantasy books, some of them come across as the same book with different characters thanks to some authors having a lack of creativity but all in all most of the ones I've read recently have been really good. Once I'm done with the first 6 books of this series I'm going to start on the Elminster series by Ed Greenwood while I take a break from Drizzt, I'm excited to check these books out since their author is the creator of the Forgotten Realms.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished Game of Thrones and I'm about to begin Clash of Kings.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Vyse is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still reading Gears of War: Coalition's End and been enjoying it so far (BTW, some elements take place around E-Day). I've also been reading some comics. Read through Green Lantern: Rebirth a few days ago and loved how they handled Hal's return without screwing things up for all the characters. I've also got the comiXology app on my iPod and been reading a couple back issues of Gears of War​.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
    Just finished Game of Thrones and I'm about to begin Clash of Kings.
    I tried reading A Game of Thrones back in 2002 and it just dragged and dragged to me, I just couldn't get into it at all. All of the people I worked at with at my job at the time was raving about it and someone was nice enough to lend me their copy, so that nigh I sat down and read 40-50 pages and was unimpressed. I picked it back up the following day (a day off) and read about 50 more pages and was still unimpressed, all in all I got to about page 400 and decided to give up. I may try it again sometime soon because the comic book is coming out and the show on HBO is getting rave reviews, plus a new book in that series just came out and the books are littered all over my closest B&N store, I'm a sucker for hype afterall....

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I tried reading A Game of Thrones back in 2002 and it just dragged and dragged to me, I just couldn't get into it at all. All of the people I worked at with at my job at the time was raving about it and someone was nice enough to lend me their copy, so that nigh I sat down and read 40-50 pages and was unimpressed. I picked it back up the following day (a day off) and read about 50 more pages and was still unimpressed, all in all I got to about page 400 and decided to give up. I may try it again sometime soon because the comic book is coming out and the show on HBO is getting rave reviews, plus a new book in that series just came out and the books are littered all over my closest B&N store, I'm a sucker for hype afterall....
    I think had I tried to read Game of Thrones before watching the HBO series, I would have had a hard time with it. The massive scope, the huge cast of characters, the meandering plot full of political machinations... But I was blown away by the HBO series, which was incredibly faithful to the book and have really enjoyed the book so far. The book and TV show really complement each other well.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Cat Rabbit Thing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been reading "The King In Yellow" by Robert W. Chambers. I've started on "The Repairer of Reputations", and find it a strange yet interesting tale.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.