Page 84 of 168 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
    SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Well, from how things are looking it might be category 1 or (hopefully) even just a tropical storm by the time it reaches here, seeing as it's currently category 2. And yes, I live in southeastern Connecticut.

I just thank god that, even though we live relatively close to the coast, that we live at the very top of a tall hill and, in fact, are literally surrounded by low highways that would get flooded long before our house would be in flood danger (still the winds to worry about, though).

What I'm worried about most is getting home from the community college I'm now attending. The worst of the storm is supposed to hit right when my last class gets out, so there's a chance that I could even get outright stuck at the school (which wouldn't be the worst possible thing, but kind of frustrating). I'll bring my laptop to school tomorrow and, in case anything big happens, I'll keep you guys updated.
    it doesnt seem like earl's anything to worry about, unless youre in an area that is suseptable to floods. winds won't be so bad though, i mean it's not katrina just making landfall; storms lose power when they hit land and a cat 2... meh. i've been in a cat 2 hurricane, nothing to be worried about, but be prepared nonetheless in case powerlines go down.
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

BB: A New Beginning

WolfieKiwi is offline We lil' devils
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went out with some friends and finally saw Scott Pilgrim vs the World! An epic tale of epicness indeed. I'm looking forward to reading the comic.

An' speaking of epic (and underrated), I picked up a copy of Kick-Ass on DVD at Walmart.

I'll be sure to do the same for Pilgrim. =]
    Check out my deviantART =]

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had grad school orientation today. It was finally a chance to talk to other people and I caught up with some fellow students in my program that I talked with over Facebook and spent most of the afternoon and evening with them. It was a remedy for the lonely isolation I've been feeling since arriving in Boston :X I'm ready for classes to start so I can interact with people more consistently. Unfortunately, my first class isn't until Wednesday evening since Monday is Labor Day and I have classes Mondays and Wednesdays.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

ThisGuyTony is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I expected to spend my Labor-Day weekend having fun but it seems I'll be spending it by reading about the 1500's, decoding a reading and studying for a Chemistry quiz.

Oh well. At least I have tomorrow off.

Tay the Cat is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today I received the most awesome belated birthday gift ever, in today's mail

Link to pic is in my signature
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/CassieHikari (I'm far more active there these days)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm kinda bummed that one of the members of LFO apparently kicked the bucket, but other than i'm cool.

Memories ..
    "You make something contemporary and cool and it becomes mediocre, and there’s nothing more criminal than mediocrity. I can deal with a giant flaming disaster and I can deal with something being a beautiful vision, but mediocrity is just horrible." - Doc Hammer

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm torn between asking this girl out. She already told me she'd say yes, but... I don't want to get hurt like in my last relationship. Everyone has told me we would work, but there is one fault. She's seven years older than me. I know, red flag, but I still want to go for it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's going to have been three weeks since I pulled the muscle, and the doctor said I would need four to resume physical activity. But I'm losing my mind. I want to throw something against the wall because I feel so useless when I'm not in the gym.

On the plus side, I've gone from being worried about being alone to absolutely not caring, so long as I can work out. I get it, the rest of the world has is paired up. All the girls have guys. What, do I look like, the Sonichu author? I'm not going to go "why me?" constantly when I can put my energy towards an endeavor I have direct control over.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm working on a paper I have due tomorrow. I don't know why, but I can never seem to start these things early. I'm not even your typical "up all night drinking" college student! Maybe it comes from my background. Academics was never a big thing growing up.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    I'm working on a paper I have due tomorrow. I don't know why, but I can never seem to start these things early. I'm not even your typical "up all night drinking" college student! Maybe it comes from my background. Academics was never a big thing growing up.
    Psssht, I never wrote papers until the night before they were due (unless I had to turn stuff in along the way). I wrote my best English papers at 3am the night before they were due And I wasn't "up all night drinking" (more like up all night after softball practice)... but academics was huge in my background. Just a procrastinator.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast