Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:
Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1680
  1. #1601
    defunctzombie's Avatar
    defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    6,757
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    Happy forum birthday, then. The new av is great.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

  2. #1602
    SilentBat18's Avatar
    SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So in May, my riding school is giving us the chance to dress up with our horses and i have a couple ideas. I know this sounds silly, but horse people tend to be a little on the silly side, so bear with me and help me pick a costume:

    Since my teacher always seems to describe the horse i ride as a ballerina, that turned into the first idea. I can wrap pink ribbons around her legs, put bows in her hair, and dress her in a tutu; I'll be her ballerina partner dressed in pink as well, so we'll be matching.

    The other idea came from the fact that we always compared riding to driving, and how much easier driving is and what not, so i thought "dress the horse as a ferrari!" So i'd drape her in red, tack her with a black saddle, she already wears black booties, and plaster a ferrari badge on her face. I'd be a typical ferrari driver complete with shades, driving gloves, and pumas.

    I'm leaning more towards the ferrari idea cause i'm a supercar junkie, and every time i see a ferrari i squeal with delight. if anyone else has some ideas that don't include unicorns or My Little Pony (don't smite me!) i'd love to hear them!
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

    BB: A New Beginning

  3. #1603
    WolfieKiwi's Avatar
    WolfieKiwi is offline We lil' devils
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Galaxy of Terror
    Posts
    2,592
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBat18 View Post
    So in May, my riding school is giving us the chance to dress up with our horses and i have a couple ideas. I know this sounds silly, but horse people tend to be a little on the silly side, so bear with me and help me pick a costume:

    Since my teacher always seems to describe the horse i ride as a ballerina, that turned into the first idea. I can wrap pink ribbons around her legs, put bows in her hair, and dress her in a tutu; I'll be her ballerina partner dressed in pink as well, so we'll be matching.

    The other idea came from the fact that we always compared riding to driving, and how much easier driving is and what not, so i thought "dress the horse as a ferrari!" So i'd drape her in red, tack her with a black saddle, she already wears black booties, and plaster a ferrari badge on her face. I'd be a typical ferrari driver complete with shades, driving gloves, and pumas.

    I'm leaning more towards the ferrari idea cause i'm a supercar junkie, and every time i see a ferrari i squeal with delight. if anyone else has some ideas that don't include unicorns or My Little Pony (don't smite me!) i'd love to hear them!
    I can't help but think Disney themes. If the horse is white you could go the Tangled Route and braid the horses mane and dress as Rapunzel. If the horse is black, there's Mulan, and if brown, depending on the shade, Spirit, or a Bullsye Jessie combo.
    Check out my deviantART =]

  4. #1604
    SilentBat18's Avatar
    SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfieKiwi View Post
    I can't help but think Disney themes. If the horse is white you could go the Tangled Route and braid the horses mane and dress as Rapunzel. If the horse is black, there's Mulan, and if brown, depending on the shade, Spirit, or a Bullsye Jessie combo.
    She's a chestnut color. Here's a pic



    I thought about the Jessie and Bullseye costume, but we don't have a western saddle i could use. just dressage saddles (like the one she's wearing), and i'm not about to spend $1000 on a saddle i don't even know how to use My fiancé chose the ferrari idea, but my cousin went with ballerina... need a tie breaker here
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

    BB: A New Beginning

  5. #1605
    WolfieKiwi's Avatar
    WolfieKiwi is offline We lil' devils
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Galaxy of Terror
    Posts
    2,592
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBat18 View Post
    She's a chestnut color. Here's a pic



    I thought about the Jessie and Bullseye costume, but we don't have a western saddle i could use. just dressage saddles (like the one she's wearing), and i'm not about to spend $1000 on a saddle i don't even know how to use My fiancé chose the ferrari idea, but my cousin went with ballerina... need a tie breaker here
    Aw she's adorable!

    I'd go for the ferrari theme as it seems like it would have an easier dress code for the horse.
    Check out my deviantART =]

  6. #1606
    Aquadementia's Avatar
    Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bar Stool Of Solitude
    Posts
    3,713
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I guess the 10 year anniversary of me registering here happened a couple of weeks ago and I didn't notice.
    Congratulations.
    It's not always easy to make it when you actually have opinions about things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBat18 View Post
    So in May, my riding school is giving us the chance to dress up with our horses and i have a couple ideas. I know this sounds silly, but horse people tend to be a little on the silly side, so bear with me and help me pick a costume:

    Since my teacher always seems to describe the horse i ride as a ballerina, that turned into the first idea. I can wrap pink ribbons around her legs, put bows in her hair, and dress her in a tutu; I'll be her ballerina partner dressed in pink as well, so we'll be matching.
    It wouldn't be fair if you didn't post pictures of that.
    Replicating clothing may make for a better costume.

    The other idea came from the fact that we always compared riding to driving, and how much easier driving is and what not, so i thought "dress the horse as a ferrari!" So i'd drape her in red, tack her with a black saddle, she already wears black booties, and plaster a ferrari badge on her face. I'd be a typical ferrari driver complete with shades, driving gloves, and pumas.

    I'm leaning more towards the ferrari idea cause i'm a supercar junkie, and every time i see a ferrari i squeal with delight. if anyone else has some ideas that don't include unicorns or My Little Pony (don't smite me!) i'd love to hear them!
    I've been trying to think how to make a horse look like a car.
    I thought those foam swimming noodles could be bent and trimmed so they would give the curve of fenders, and then have a red blanket thrown over that.
    But I wouldn't want to suggest anything that would be uncomfortable for the horse.

    Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

    Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts


  7. #1607
    Viper's Avatar
    Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tomorrow, I'll be leaving for a small weekend trip to Vegas for my stepdad's wedding. I won't be back online until next Tuesday. See you all later.
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

    Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

    Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

  8. #1608
    Raguoc's Avatar
    Raguoc is offline Gettin' Motivational
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    551
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.

    I know that few people know who I am at this forum, but I'm letting you all know that I'm four days away from moving from a group home to supported living. At that point I shall become active again, hopefully. I am now a college student at St Louis Community College and am doing better for myself than I have in a long time, thanks to medication. At any rate, I hope i can come back soon and be at least somewhat active in this community again.




    Sincerely,

    Raguoc

  9. #1609
    sparkykandy's Avatar
    sparkykandy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got a new phone today. Since it's the first time I ever used a phone to browse the internet, decided to try it out. Learned that it's easier to use a computer. Faster too. Also learned to never trust my brother if he says a gun has barely any kickback. Especially if the gun is deceptively small.

  10. #1610
    cognitofalcon's Avatar
    cognitofalcon is offline G'night evry' body!!
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    847
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkykandy
    Just got a new phone today. Since it's the first time I ever used a phone to browse the internet, decided to try it out. Learned that it's easier to use a computer. Faster too. Also learned to never trust my brother if he says a gun has barely any kickback. Especially if the gun is deceptively small.
    You still have to hold it correctly, and brace yourself though. Unless it was like a 22, then you wouldn't need to brace yourself really.
    I now use Tumblr regularly.
    http://cognitofalcon.tumblr.com/
    I'm also participating in Let's Plays now (Among other things)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SAFGuys

    Not as cynical now a'days =) I am much happier too!

  11. #1611
    Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguoc View Post
    Hello.

    I know that few people know who I am at this forum, but I'm letting you all know that I'm four days away from moving from a group home to supported living. At that point I shall become active again, hopefully. I am now a college student at St Louis Community College and am doing better for myself than I have in a long time, thanks to medication. At any rate, I hope i can come back soon and be at least somewhat active in this community again.




    Sincerely,

    Raguoc
    Hope to see you soon, then

  12. #1612
    King9's Avatar
    King9 is offline Embraced One
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    'Down There'
    Posts
    1,023
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to Maine this weekend for a Marine Biology trip. Playing around, cold in the mud while my roommates will be partying here. Also I won't have internet access so see y'all on Monday.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle


  13. #1613
    Viper's Avatar
    Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, everyone.

    I've been back in Burbank since this past Monday from my weekend trip to Vegas. My stepdad's wedding went pretty well and so did the reception afterwards. It's too bad I wasn't able to do much else except for Easter dinner.
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

    Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

    Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

  14. #1614
    Raguoc's Avatar
    Raguoc is offline Gettin' Motivational
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    551
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey guys. Well, I finally moved last tuesday. I finally have full TV and internet access again. I'm so glad to be away from marygrove. That place was a bit too restrictive. Don't get me wrong, I kind of understand why it was that way, but I needed to get out of there in order to watch some cartoons again. And now I can. Huzzah!

  15. #1615
    purplehairedwonder's Avatar
    purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    12 Grimmauld Place
    Posts
    9,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and my promotion is official. My title for the 2012-13 school year will be Writing Center Coordinator at my alma mater. They're still working up the official job description, but I'll be doing a lot of managerial things like stats, budgeting, training new tutors, creating content for and leading workshops, meeting with staff, and any other projects we need to get done on top of a few days of online tutoring per week.

    This is a transitional year and there will be an opening for writing center director for 2013-14 since my boss is becoming Dean of the College, so we'll see what means for me after this year, but I'm pretty thrilled with how things are looking right now.

    TZ's resident fangirl queen

    Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

    ReWatchable Podcast


  16. #1616
    Lelouch's Avatar
    Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashford Academy
    Posts
    1,415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of you may or may not be aware of this but this semester I decided to study abroad on the French Riviera. I am going to a business school and all that jazz. It has been phenomenal and it is crazy to think it is almost over. While over here I applied for an internship at the Cannes Film Festival and I am delighted to report that I have been accepted. I'm pretty excited and hopeful that this will lead to me making a lot of contacts. The experience itself will be great too. So...yeah, life is good ^^.

  17. #1617
    Tanooki's Avatar
    Tanooki is offline Supplexing disease since 1982.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Heartland
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So any of you who watched 30 Rock recently will see Liz Lemon rubbing her jaw a lot when she gets stressed.

    It's not funny. It hurts and it's been happening to me a lot lately. :P
    Formerly N. Frederick, among a bunch of others.

  18. #1618
    SilentBat18's Avatar
    SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehairedwonder View Post
    I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and my promotion is official. My title for the 2012-13 school year will be Writing Center Coordinator at my alma mater. They're still working up the official job description, but I'll be doing a lot of managerial things like stats, budgeting, training new tutors, creating content for and leading workshops, meeting with staff, and any other projects we need to get done on top of a few days of online tutoring per week.

    This is a transitional year and there will be an opening for writing center director for 2013-14 since my boss is becoming Dean of the College, so we'll see what means for me after this year, but I'm pretty thrilled with how things are looking right now.
    isn't it great when you move one from minimum wage job to big girl job? well, i mean, i could only assume it's a great feeling since i have yet to start a big girl job. But hooray for you! Sounds like you definitely would enjoy it and hopefully you'll get the next promotion too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    Some of you may or may not be aware of this but this semester I decided to study abroad on the French Riviera. I am going to a business school and all that jazz. It has been phenomenal and it is crazy to think it is almost over. While over here I applied for an internship at the Cannes Film Festival and I am delighted to report that I have been accepted. I'm pretty excited and hopeful that this will lead to me making a lot of contacts. The experience itself will be great too. So...yeah, life is good ^^.
    The getting-the-internship-you-really-want is something i can relate to more. congrats on getting the position! I can relate to the joy you're feeling, since i was uber excited when i got the call from the internship i applied earlier this semester. I'll be starting mine in the fall and it sounds like a place i would definitely love to work in since the director seems so chill. She said she's had great experience with students from my program, so she already like me because of it.

    Anyway, so i'm hoping someone here can offer their opinion on an argument my fiancé and i just had. now earlier today, when i got back home, i had forgotten to pick up some tomato paste from the store for dinner tonight but i was too tired to head back out. Well, when it got close to dinner time, i figured that as i'm prepping ingredients (chopping, peeling, sautéing etc), my fiancé can do me a solid and just step out for no more than 15 min and pick me up a can. That way, by the time he gets back, i'll have everything set and just have to add the last ingredient and we would be able to eat in like 10 min.

    Well, when i asked him for the favor, he said that he wasn't going to do it and that i should have asked him to pick up some when he called me on his way home. Thing is, I didn't get that call since i had fallen asleep on the couch (i don't usually nap in the day unless i'm dog tired, which i apparently was today). I acknowledged my screw up but i tried reasoning with him, saying that if he picks it up we can eat sooner, but he pretty much refused. Even though i tried not to be, i pretty much got super pissed and i couldn't understand why he couldn't just do that one favor while i prepped dinner. I mean it made sense to me, right? the amount of time it would have taken him to get back would mean that i would be ready to use the last ingredient. I eventually went out myself to get it and dinner's pretty much ready by now, but i'm still too pissed to forgive him even though he's apologized like a million times.

    I know i'm overreacting, but i can't help but take it personally. I mean, it was one little favor and i don't ask him to do that very often; but this isn't the first time we've had similar arguments where i would ask him to do something for me and it feels like i have to fight tooth and nail for him to finally agree to do it.

    i guess the point in telling everyone all this is, do you think i just need to shrug something like this off every time it happens or did he overreact as well?
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

    BB: A New Beginning

  19. #1619
    darkdetective's Avatar
    darkdetective is online now Reporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this is not exactly about me, but my friend, Michelle M., had her design chosen as one of the top five for a Disney t-shirt contest, and it could become an actual t-shirt sold in Disney stores! It's really exciting! If anyone could spare a second to vote for her, it'd be cool. Or not. I'm not spamming or nuthin. :P
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

  20. #1620
    defunctzombie's Avatar
    defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    6,757
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought my Avengers ticket. I was going to go to the midnight show, but my lame theater charges ten more dollars for that than a regular show.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO