Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 62112152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1680
    Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raguoc View Post
    Hello.

I know that few people know who I am at this forum, but I'm letting you all know that I'm four days away from moving from a group home to supported living. At that point I shall become active again, hopefully. I am now a college student at St Louis Community College and am doing better for myself than I have in a long time, thanks to medication. At any rate, I hope i can come back soon and be at least somewhat active in this community again.

Sincerely,

Raguoc
    Hope to see you soon, then

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to Maine this weekend for a Marine Biology trip. Playing around, cold in the mud while my roommates will be partying here. Also I won't have internet access so see y'all on Monday.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, everyone.

I've been back in Burbank since this past Monday from my weekend trip to Vegas. My stepdad's wedding went pretty well and so did the reception afterwards. It's too bad I wasn't able to do much else except for Easter dinner.
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

Raguoc is offline Gettin' Motivational
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey guys. Well, I finally moved last tuesday. I finally have full TV and internet access again. I'm so glad to be away from marygrove. That place was a bit too restrictive. Don't get me wrong, I kind of understand why it was that way, but I needed to get out of there in order to watch some cartoons again. And now I can. Huzzah!

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and my promotion is official. My title for the 2012-13 school year will be Writing Center Coordinator at my alma mater. They're still working up the official job description, but I'll be doing a lot of managerial things like stats, budgeting, training new tutors, creating content for and leading workshops, meeting with staff, and any other projects we need to get done on top of a few days of online tutoring per week.

This is a transitional year and there will be an opening for writing center director for 2013-14 since my boss is becoming Dean of the College, so we'll see what means for me after this year, but I'm pretty thrilled with how things are looking right now.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of you may or may not be aware of this but this semester I decided to study abroad on the French Riviera. I am going to a business school and all that jazz. It has been phenomenal and it is crazy to think it is almost over. While over here I applied for an internship at the Cannes Film Festival and I am delighted to report that I have been accepted. I'm pretty excited and hopeful that this will lead to me making a lot of contacts. The experience itself will be great too. So...yeah, life is good ^^.

Tanooki is offline Supplexing disease since 1982.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So any of you who watched 30 Rock recently will see Liz Lemon rubbing her jaw a lot when she gets stressed.

It's not funny. It hurts and it's been happening to me a lot lately. :P
    Formerly N. Frederick, among a bunch of others.

SilentBat18 is offline Hmm, so, yeah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehairedwonder View Post
    I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and my promotion is official. My title for the 2012-13 school year will be Writing Center Coordinator at my alma mater. They're still working up the official job description, but I'll be doing a lot of managerial things like stats, budgeting, training new tutors, creating content for and leading workshops, meeting with staff, and any other projects we need to get done on top of a few days of online tutoring per week.

This is a transitional year and there will be an opening for writing center director for 2013-14 since my boss is becoming Dean of the College, so we'll see what means for me after this year, but I'm pretty thrilled with how things are looking right now.
    isn't it great when you move one from minimum wage job to big girl job? well, i mean, i could only assume it's a great feeling since i have yet to start a big girl job. But hooray for you! Sounds like you definitely would enjoy it and hopefully you'll get the next promotion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    Some of you may or may not be aware of this but this semester I decided to study abroad on the French Riviera. I am going to a business school and all that jazz. It has been phenomenal and it is crazy to think it is almost over. While over here I applied for an internship at the Cannes Film Festival and I am delighted to report that I have been accepted. I'm pretty excited and hopeful that this will lead to me making a lot of contacts. The experience itself will be great too. So...yeah, life is good ^^.
    The getting-the-internship-you-really-want is something i can relate to more. congrats on getting the position! I can relate to the joy you're feeling, since i was uber excited when i got the call from the internship i applied earlier this semester. I'll be starting mine in the fall and it sounds like a place i would definitely love to work in since the director seems so chill. She said she's had great experience with students from my program, so she already like me because of it.

Anyway, so i'm hoping someone here can offer their opinion on an argument my fiancé and i just had. now earlier today, when i got back home, i had forgotten to pick up some tomato paste from the store for dinner tonight but i was too tired to head back out. Well, when it got close to dinner time, i figured that as i'm prepping ingredients (chopping, peeling, sautéing etc), my fiancé can do me a solid and just step out for no more than 15 min and pick me up a can. That way, by the time he gets back, i'll have everything set and just have to add the last ingredient and we would be able to eat in like 10 min.

Well, when i asked him for the favor, he said that he wasn't going to do it and that i should have asked him to pick up some when he called me on his way home. Thing is, I didn't get that call since i had fallen asleep on the couch (i don't usually nap in the day unless i'm dog tired, which i apparently was today). I acknowledged my screw up but i tried reasoning with him, saying that if he picks it up we can eat sooner, but he pretty much refused. Even though i tried not to be, i pretty much got super pissed and i couldn't understand why he couldn't just do that one favor while i prepped dinner. I mean it made sense to me, right? the amount of time it would have taken him to get back would mean that i would be ready to use the last ingredient. I eventually went out myself to get it and dinner's pretty much ready by now, but i'm still too pissed to forgive him even though he's apologized like a million times.

I know i'm overreacting, but i can't help but take it personally. I mean, it was one little favor and i don't ask him to do that very often; but this isn't the first time we've had similar arguments where i would ask him to do something for me and it feels like i have to fight tooth and nail for him to finally agree to do it.

i guess the point in telling everyone all this is, do you think i just need to shrug something like this off every time it happens or did he overreact as well?
    Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long, and I miss the cape, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all-- Joker, BB:ROTJ

BB: A New Beginning

darkdetective is offline Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this is not exactly about me, but my friend, Michelle M., had her design chosen as one of the top five for a Disney t-shirt contest, and it could become an actual t-shirt sold in Disney stores! It's really exciting! If anyone could spare a second to vote for her, it'd be cool. Or not. I'm not spamming or nuthin. :P
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just bought my Avengers ticket. I was going to go to the midnight show, but my lame theater charges ten more dollars for that than a regular show.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie