Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
    En Sabah Nur is offline Apocalypse, The First One
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    Is there a good website with a program to remove this virus?

Microsoft Security Essentials can't find it, neither can the Malware removal tool...the pop ups are still "popping up" on my computer...

The latest pop-up doesn't have an "X" in the upper corner for me to click to get it out of my sight, it just says "Do you want to block this attack" click yes or no? How do I get that off of my desktop without clicking an "x" in the upper corner? Just click no? Or is clicking no just as bad?

How the hell did I come into contact with this thing again, I was just surfing Toon Zone...
    pressing Alt and F4 keys together should close any active window you have on your screen. Did you try the two malware removal softwares I recomended?

Quote Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Either buy some good software to remove it, or reboot from the start up disc.
    You are mixing up terms reboot and format terms again.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If life gives you lemons, throw them at some one!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

Never Argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I tried to download malwarebytes, and it downloaded, but it appears the virus is preventing me from installing the program...it also didn't install a malwarebytes icon on my desktop.

I rebooted the computer and went into safe mode, but there's no malwarebytes icon for me to click on, and it won't let me pull up the screen showing things I've recently downloaded. I said "well, I'll just redownload it" but this virus won't let me access the internet in safe mode. It says something like "we can't let you access the internet, it's not safe!" Effectively hijacking my computer. I'm surprised it's letting me access the internet still in regular mode.

I thought I hadn't actually contracted the virus, but I must have...but dammit, I did NOT click "run scan" or anything like that. I don't even know where it came from. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and I'm ready to go kick the ass of whoever created these stupid viruses...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tried to download malwarebytes, and it downloaded, but it appears the virus is preventing me from installing the program...it also didn't install a malwarebytes icon on my desktop.

I rebooted the computer and went into safe mode, but there's no malwarebytes icon for me to click on, and it won't let me pull up the screen showing things I've recently downloaded. I said "well, I'll just redownload it" but this virus won't let me access the internet in safe mode. It says something like "we can't let you access the internet, it's not safe!" Effectively hijacking my computer. I'm surprised it's letting me access the internet still in regular mode.

I thought I hadn't actually contracted the virus, but I must have...but dammit, I did NOT click "run scan" or anything like that. I don't even know where it came from. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and I'm ready to go kick the ass of whoever created these stupid viruses...
    for internet to work in Safe Mode you have to use Safe Mode With networking. Otherwise it wont work. Or you can copy malwarebytes onto a usb flash drive, then when you are in safe more, plug in the flash drive and its gonna be there. Dont give up!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Never Argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

cohenmarioman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How much was this Malwarebytes?

By reboot, did you reinstall the OS, or just put it into safe mode, because there is a big difference. If you wish to keep all your files, and 99% success of clearing your computer of malware, back up your files, the insert your OS nstalation disc, and go into the boot menu and boot from the disc, rather than the hard drive. To get to the boot menu, I think you press F12 or F2 before your computer starts to boot up. If you do not wish to do this, do the other method described.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How much was this Malwarebytes?

By reboot, did you reinstall the OS, or just put it into safe mode, because there is a big difference. If you wish to keep all your files, and 99% success of clearing your computer of malware, back up your files, the insert your OS nstalation disc, and go into the boot menu and boot from the disc, rather than the hard drive. To get to the boot menu, I think you press F12 or F2 before your computer starts to boot up. If you do not wish to do this, do the other method described.
    You are completely confused and missinformed my friend. reboot means to restart your pc. in order to reinstall the OS from scratch, you have to Format the hard drive first. if you choose to format your pc and install a clean version of your OS, you have to boot into CD/DVD drive. You can do that by accessing your BIOS and switch your boot order in Boot preferences, or in some cases, pressing F8 will get you to a boot selection menu where you will have to select your CD/DVD drive and boot from it. But by that you will end up with a clean OS so back up all your important files first.

This is not what im suggesting to wonderfly yet, im just explaining to you how this works. Because the advice you give is both confusing and incorrect. Reboot=restart. Its that simple. Formar and Reinstall would give you a clean OS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    You are completely confused and missinformed my friend. reboot means to restart your pc. in order to reinstall the OS from scratch, you have to Format the hard drive first. if you choose to format your pc and install a clean version of your OS, you have to boot into CD/DVD drive. You can do that by accessing your BIOS and switch your boot order in Boot preferences, or in some cases, pressing F8 will get you to a boot selection menu where you will have to select your CD/DVD drive and boot from it. But by that you will end up with a clean OS so back up all your important files first.

This is not what im suggesting to wonderfly yet, im just explaining to you how this works. Because the advice you give is both confusing and incorrect. Reboot=restart. Its that simple. Formar and Reinstall would give you a clean OS.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am trying to learn as well, that is what this thread is here for. I hope I did not give information that was cometely wrong, as I did reinstall my OS to fix my problem because I Dix not want to spend money on a program. I am more or less giving an easy free way of doing it. If your way is free too, that is great, I could do it next time as well, or store it for future helping use.

Also, I found it pretty easy to blot from the disc, I just entered the boot menu and selected "boot from disc".

Again, I hope I did not give out any incorrect information, aside from me mixig up reboot and reinstall OS.

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally got Malwarebytes to download in Safe Mode and had it start running a full scan...but the computer keeps freezing up halfway through the scan. Very VERY frustrating. All's I want is for some sort of program to ZAP the freakin' virus, is that too much to ask?!?

The other program I downloaded besides Malwarebytes is this Spyware doctor...it runs a scan, and says there's viruses, but to eliminate them it wants me to pay?!? Is that what I have to do?!? Do I have to pay somebody to get rid of this bleepity bleep virus?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't worry. No harm done. I just wanted to clear up what you meant in your post. That would be the last resort solution, there are a few more you can do before reinstalling the OS. I am IT I do thus all the time, I'm actually on a bus going to a house call to diagnose a PC for one of my clients.

I finally got Malwarebytes to download in Safe Mode and had it start running a full scan...but the computer keeps freezing up halfway through the scan. Very VERY frustrating. All's I want is for some sort of program to ZAP the freakin' virus, is that too much to ask?!?

The other program I downloaded besides Malwarebytes is this Spyware doctor...it runs a scan, and says there's viruses, but to eliminate them it wants me to pay?!? Is that what I have to do?!? Do I have to pay somebody to get rid of this bleepity bleep virus?!?
    Spyware Doctor is hands down the best I have seen for malware removal, yes it will scan for free but you have to buy it to remove what ever it found. If it found a lot of severe threats and not just low threats it might be worn getting it. But it's up to you.
    Last edited by purplehairedwonder; 03-06-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Double posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Don't worry. No harm done. I just wanted to clear up what you meant in your post. That would be the last resort solution, there are a few more you can do before reinstalling the OS. I am IT I do thus all the time, I'm actually on a bus going to a house call to diagnose a PC for one of my clients.

Spyware Doctor is hands down the best I have seen for malware removal, yes it will scan for free but you have to buy it to remove what ever it found. If it found a lot of severe threats and not just low threats it might be worn getting it. But it's up to you.
    I think for someone who is just finishing HS, I know quite a bit. How much is Spyware Doctor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think for someone who is just finishing HS, I know quite a bit. How much is Spyware Doctor?
    That question can be answered by going to PCtools.com website, or simply googleing Spyware Doctor.