Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beefy is offline It only hurts forever.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I've been using Firefox since 1.0 and I've seen the JavaScript engine evolve from SpiderMonkey to TraceMonkey to JägerMonkey to IonMonkey, with each one being faster than the last.

Firefox has really come a long way since its debut. They've done some things I don't agree with like the numbering scheme to try to catch Chrome, and moving the Download Manager into the "Library" with the bookmarks and browsing history.
    Overall the positives far outweigh the negatives, especially the support for add-ons like extensions and browser themes.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    They've done some things I don't agree with like the numbering scheme to try to catch Chrome, and moving the Download Manager into the "Library" with the bookmarks and browsing history.
    That's what I love about Firefox--if they make any changes you don't like, you can switch them back in seconds. In your case...

about:config -> browser.download.useToolkitUI -> Switch to True

It's not like other software, where you're stuck with whatever changes they force onto you. (Are you reading this, YouTube?)

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I recently got a new 64-bit machine (my old 32-bit PC is in the dumpster), and I've discovered the beauty that is Waterfox.

If you have a 64-bit machine, DOWNLOAD THIS NOW! This kicks the original Firefox's ass.

Dr. Daedalus is offline Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    I recently got a new 64-bit machine (my old 32-bit PC is in the dumpster), and I've discovered the beauty that is Waterfox.

If you have a 64-bit machine, DOWNLOAD THIS NOW! This kicks the original Firefox's ass.
    I would, but they don't seem to have a Mac version yet.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    I would, but they don't seem to have a Mac version yet.
    Firefox for Mac and Linux is already 64-bit. Windows has Waterfox because there's no 64-bit version of Firefox for it yet.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123