Quantcast
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Oh, hey, storyboards are actually finished for...something. Three month before it's supposed to air but it's something!

Magmaster12 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I gotta be honest, I've been a Digimon fan ever since I was five when it replaced that Howie Mandell cartoon on Fox Kids, I loved.

But I am really not excited for this series at all I really don't care for the whole idea of bringing back original characters because they've had there fair share of character development/plots last time the tried doing a continuation of Adventure it fell flat on its face with massive plot holes. Honestly what's left to do with these characters? I really do not care at all for the slice of life genre and the more news I hear about the more I am annoyed by fans gushing over how awesome characters are without even caring what the plot is!

There is no way I'll be watching this when it comes out unless there's some kind of interesting hook.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I gotta be honest, I've been a Digimon fan ever since I was five when it replaced that Howie Mandell cartoon on Fox Kids, I loved.

But I am really not excited for this series at all I really don't care for the whole idea of bringing back original characters because they've had there fair share of character development/plots last time the tried doing a continuation of Adventure it fell flat on its face with massive plot holes. Honestly what's left to do with these characters? I really do not care at all for the slice of life genre and the more news I hear about the more I am annoyed by fans gushing over how awesome characters are without even caring what the plot is!

There is no way I'll be watching this when it comes out unless there's some kind of interesting hook.
    Regarding Adventure 02, I think that the main reason for all of its problems was because there were a lot of writers involved and they just threw out all of their ideas, instead of choosing a few to develop. I doubt that they'll put too many writers on the staff for this series. As for the characters, while they all got pretty satisfying amount of development in Adventure, they could still do something more with them. Maybe they can show how becoming older and having to deal with high school life affects their relationship with their Digimon partners or with their families. The primary reason why they brought them back is for nostalgia though. I don't think that Xros Wars did all that well in regards to the toy sales, so they probably figured that bringing back familiar characters would give the show more attention, especially when the main hook for Young Hunters was the previous protagonists returning, even though that was just for a glorified cameo.

Still, I think it's a bit too early to write off the show completely. Like you said, they haven't even given any details about the plot yet. All they've been doing is focusing on the characters being older, which is a decent enough hook to grab some attention at least. The main reason my interest in the show was dropping for awhile was because they just kept teasing us without giving anything concrete to go by. With character designs and a title, I have a bit more interest in the show again.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415