Quantcast
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    HellCat is offline Have a Parfait Christmas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    References to Unicorn Beast Mode and Gundam Half Age Girls....that was unexpected.

It was a nice break but not perfect. The reveal about Mirai just kinda came out of nowhere and the Beargguy stuff was just confusing. Can't just say China allowed it to be licensed as is or that Yuuma used the molds and such she used to make it?

I'm glad at least it wasn't just a fanservice beach ep. The love comedy stuff isn't working because it isn't given enough time. That whole scene at Fumina's place felt like a waste....keep telling us she's the important captain. Maybe we'll believe it by the end.

Is it just me or was the jerk a parody of Gackt? Similar name, fangirls who cheer him with Gundam phrases and admits to being a huge fanboy.

Was nice to hear what happened to Kirara, even if her face seemed off.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'It'll be just like Kamille and Four on the roof...'
    Because that relationship ended well.

Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    The reveal about Mirai just kinda came out of nowhere...
    Actually I was expecting it: they've made it clear the Kenpo is a family thing and she's always seemed to find all of her brother's training and philosophy as being perfectly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    Is it just me or was the jerk a parody of Gackt? Similar name, fangirls who cheer him with Gundam phrases and admits to being a huge fanboy.
    I was thinking the same thing too.

Also, this fad: 「捕獲」/上山道郎 ラクガキのイラスト - pixiv
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn, I meant to post that picture! Having Sekai inside the window is a hilarious touch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode #11

Oobari Masami is directing a commercial, so expect that to effect his participation on Gundam Build Fighters Try. Muchos scheduling, production committee and staff. Muchos.

Nils married into the Yajima family! Oddly enough he is also now referred to in eastern order, too. That seems to be a bit much given he's still a westerner. I am glad the ships went though, though!

That cover of Anime Janai is horrible.

I'm glad that a cultural is beginning to be build regarding the national-level schools. One thing Tennis no Ouji-sama and Eyeshield 21 did so well was build up to the matches and the characters of the different schools. The introduction of Adou Saga was really well done. It's no doubt thanks to some layout tweaking from Oobari but the battle had some nice weight to it. The BANK animation was also well used. The mention of Jun'ya and Saga's use of a G Gundam-esque attack makes me wonder if Adou trained under Jun'ya, too?

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Nils married into the Yajima family! Oddly enough he is also now referred to in eastern order, too. That seems to be a bit much given he's still a westerner. I am glad the ships went though, though!
    Nils was always portrayed as a big-time Japanophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    That cover of Anime Janai is horrible.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Funkatron is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The singing is the kind of thing I want to see more of. It's genuine goofy fan humour and was a cute little moment for Fumina and Sekai. More of that, less of one note opposing teams who don't deserve any screentime, please.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode #12

Uda Sakiko and Abe Shingo provided some key animation.

If Meijin Kawaguchi III has won the world championship three times I have to wonder if Sei has entered the tournament since he and Reiji initially won it? I'm glad to see Ricardo is still in the game, although I have to wonder if he ever gets close to the trophy or is simply fodder on the global-level.

There's a Lady Kawaguchi? I wonder if she's that man's wife? Hmm...

"He replies at three-times normal speech!" is one of those lines I hadn't quite expected to see, mostly because I never associate Meijin Kawaguchi III with Char.

I love Meijin Kawaguchi's lesson. His is the mentality of a competitor, of a conqueror and a king. Head Writer Kuroda Yousuke managed to avoid repeating the same storyline he used with Sei while also paying tribute to the weakness of a builder. Nicely done.

It looks like what Fumina lacks is an ability and will to fight on her own. She's too focused on teamwork and fighting together. Gunpla is by nature a clash of singularities, I think. Sei and Reiji were able to fight as a single in their quest to defeat Meijin Kawaguchi III but even then they had their differences. Until Fumina can fight for herself I don't think she will be able to fight for and with others quite as well.

I was hoping this new silver-haired girl would be Aila...who Sekai would've called 'mama' but I guess she is simply our new Lalah or Four-type character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little worried about where they're going with Alan. So the guy who was Yuuki's closest ally, knows about the terrible stuff the Second Meijin and PPSE were involved in and supported the Third's drive to make Gunpla fun and friendly....is training some shadowy aggressive team who seem to have crawled out of the standard 'we are monsters' hole for kids tournie show antagonists? I'd add Yajima into that too, because Lady Kawaguchi seems surprisingly unsympathetic for someone who is supposed to be a patron saint of Gunpla on the global stage.

Are we gonna find out the old cast are on some deep cover Gunpla Referee assignment to bust a new conspiracy?

Was really wishing it was Sei as the surprise at the end. Hasn't Sekai got enough girl problems as is?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678