Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    First of all, there was demand for Zexal to be subbed, far more than Season 4 of GX from my point of view, so I don't know why you're saying otherwise. I definitely saw people asking for it. And unlike GX, Zexal was the newest edition to the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, so it got higher priority because of it.

    You still haven't answered my question. How would subbing Season 4 of GX and streaming it online benefit 4K Media in any way? It would cost money to get the rights and to put subtitles to them. You can't be sure it wouldn't be expensive, because while I'm sure while it might not cost since it's just one season, it wouldn't be dirt cheap either. Not to mention all the time and energy that would be put into making it ready to stream. It's not beneficial for 4K Media in any way. It doesn't promote any of the new TCG cards, and at the end of the day, the episodes are serving 4K Media as one big commercial for these new cards. DM is the exception because of how successful it was, but this is why you don't see GX or 5D's on television anymore. They aren't relevant anymore. You got the most recognized series, DM, and you got the series featuring the newest cards, Zexal (Arc-V next year). You really don't need to go back and work on those other two.

  2. #22
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    18,026
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTVDub View Post
    First of all, there was demand for Zexal to be subbed, far more than Season 4 of GX from my point of view, so I don't know why you're saying otherwise. I definitely saw people asking for it. And unlike GX, Zexal was the newest edition to the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, so it got higher priority because of it.
    I honestly didn't really hear of anyone wanting Zexal to be subbed. I don't think that anyone was opposed to the idea of it, especially if they could have kept it going more to where they subbed episodes shortly after they aired in Japan, but I remember hearing more demand for subs of the first three series than Zexal to get subbed. I understand why it would get higher priority due to being more marketing relevant and all, but compared to wanting subs for the first three series, I really didn't hear of people demanding Zexal to be legally subbed.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTVDub
    You still haven't answered my question. How would subbing Season 4 of GX and streaming it online benefit 4K Media in any way? It would cost money to get the rights and to put subtitles to them. You can't be sure it wouldn't be expensive, because while I'm sure while it might not cost since it's just one season, it wouldn't be dirt cheap either. Not to mention all the time and energy that would be put into making it ready to stream. It's not beneficial for 4K Media in any way. It doesn't promote any of the new TCG cards, and at the end of the day, the episodes are serving 4K Media as one big commercial for these new cards. DM is the exception because of how successful it was, but this is why you don't see GX or 5D's on television anymore. They aren't relevant anymore. You got the most recognized series, DM, and you got the series featuring the newest cards, Zexal (Arc-V next year). You really don't need to go back and work on those other two.
    While subbing them wouldn't be cheap, I don't think that it would be that expensive either. Subbing in general is much less expensive than dubbing and if they only subbed the episodes that 4Kids didn't dub like 4Kids was apparently planning to do a few years ago, it would probably be even cheaper than if they went for the whole series. By doing so, they could get some money off of the episodes, instead of doing nothing with them, and not have to spent as much money if they went for the whole series. If the revenue they got from those subs was good enough, then they could look into possibly subbing the rest of the series afterwards. If they're still willing the sub 5D's, which isn't really marketing relevant anymore either and they did confirm awhile ago that the rest of the series will be subbed, then I don't see the issue in getting GX subbed, especially when the legal issues most likely aren't making it difficult like they are for DM.

    I understand that these series are advertisements for the TCG, but going back to work on subs for older series online isn't really impossible, or at least I don't think it is. If they didn't want to spend the time, money and energy on subbing a series that isn't promoting more recent cards, they wouldn't be finishing 5D's. They would just focus all of their attention on subbing Zexal and Arc-V and leave 5D's as it is. Going back to dub either GX or 5D's is definitely not going to happen due to how expensive dubbing is, but going back to sub them is certainly more of a possibility. Admittedly, I don't think that GX subs are a sure fire thing. I think that legal subs for Arc-V are more of a guarantee at this point, but I don't really see GX being subbed as an impossibility either. They've been working on International streaming and subbed episodes for awhile and said on their Facebook page that they'd have more news about that soon, so perhaps GX news can come out of that. If they've been working on all of the legal trouble to get International streaming going, then they could also be trying to work out getting at least GX or even DM subbed. It's probably more likely that it will be Arc-V being subbed, but since it would be cheaper to sub a season compared to a whole series right off the bat, I don't think the idea of subbing GX is really that impossible. It should be easier to manage than DM at least.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Greenwood,IN USA
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Season 1 DVD Cover Art Revealed!

  4. #24
    Chaotix12345's Avatar
    Chaotix12345 is offline Christmas Guardian of NYC
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks really nice. I like that it's more colorful and has an actual character beside his/her monster unlike the original series season sets. Really fits GX's modern feel as a whole. We'll probably see Chazz get the nod for the Season 2 set, but as for Season 3...Syrus or Zane, maybe?
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

  5. #25
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    18,026
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That is a really nice cover. It looks pretty cool with Jaden and one of his monsters right on the cover. It almost makes me want to buy it, even though I already have the original season one DVDs. I could see them going for Chazz for the second box set. Syrus for season three would be cool, but they'd probably go for Zane instead.

  6. #26
    Gold Guy's Avatar
    Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,184
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dig the art, very nice. Kudos to Cinedigm.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

    "What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriots,

    to quote jayden "sweetness!" it looks like they actually put some effort into the box art and didn't just slap any ol stock image like some of their other releases.

  8. #28
    PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the spine image pretty much confirms this will be a three season set, even though we knew it would be.

    Here's the stock image that will be appearing on the spines when they are all lined up:


    And here's a rough sample of what the image looks like when divided into sizes that are alike to the size of the first season set:


    EDIT: 4K Media actually confirmed on their FaceBook that the Japanese audio will not be included.
    https://www.facebook.com/Yugioh/phot...tal_comments=3

  9. #29
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    18,026
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTVDub View Post
    Well the spine image pretty much confirms this will be a three season set, even though we knew it would be.

    Here's the stock image that will be appearing on the spines when they are all lined up:


    And here's a rough sample of what the image looks like when divided into sizes that are alike to the size of the first season set:


    EDIT: 4K Media actually confirmed on their FaceBook that the Japanese audio will not be included.
    https://www.facebook.com/Yugioh/phot...tal_comments=3
    I figured that would be the case. While I still think that it's possible for legal online GX subs to happen someday, they definitely wouldn't try to release them through a DVD season set. The price would be quite a bit more if there were fifty-two episodes subbed and dubbed in this box set and I doubt that the box set would sell well enough to make up for the expense of including both versions. The only series that I could see doing well with a dub/sub DVD release would be DM due to its popularity and the uncut DVDs that were released a few years ago, but there was too much legal red tape to make that happen when they first started to re-release the series awhile ago to make that more of a possibility.

  10. #30
    Gold Guy's Avatar
    Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,184
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh well, there goes that....
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

    "What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO