Quantcast
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
    Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    A lot of these problems would disappear if Viz had been given a proper 2K scan of the original 16mm negatives with its higher resolution and larger color space it would yield. As it stands they're having to work with 480i video masters and trying to amp things up to accommodate for the medium by creating information that simply isn't there. Not surprising considering Toei's perpetual stubbornness when it comes to who transfers their properties and with what materials (in all likelyhood, Toei would have dumped their old incomplete multigenerational dupes on Viz if they had asked for film to do their own remaster).

Nick Evans is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the job Vis has done but there are a couple of things I wish they differntly.
    One is I wish they had kept the Sailor scout name and not Sailor Gurdians.
    Two I wish had english songs, the old english songs from when the Silver Crystal reforms and the final fight with Queen Baerly are some of the best songs for a tv show.
    Dragonman82

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That would defeat the entire purpose of the redub.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That, and "Sailor Guardians" is Naoko Takeuchi's official English name for "Sailor Senshi". Also, it's Queen "Beryl".
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Nick Evans is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    That would defeat the entire purpose of the redub.
    They could of made of made the songs into English. I don't think that the first English songs had an exact translation
    Dragonman82

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well i finally got my hands on sailor moon vol 1 from my local libary and good god the picture is horrible i have a standard dvd player on my hdtv so i expect black bars but the picture is so freaking tiny it ruins the impact i was expected more i was expected the same quaility i get when i watch naruto shippuden or bleach dvd but it was the opposite viz and toei had better fix this before part 2 or what the point.

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stephanie Sheh is BOSS...and a Major Cutie. Im not feeling the other voices, sadly

Oh but Mako-chan's new dub is AWESOME and its inspired by her old dub voice.

But Luna is the WORST. Even Pretty Cure had better Mascot Voices for its dub. To add insult to injury, they had annoying cutesy voices and still had better DIRECTING. I say directing because I feel that Michelle Ruff IS a talented actress but the director is misdirecting her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcaJUCqQME

She feels REALLY bossy and uncaring, and you cant feel urgency in her voice. Then again, I never liked Luna Anyway.

...Oh and before you say, "Well if you dont like Luna you arent going to like her voice".

Keiko Han and Rocio Garcel (Luna's LatAM Voice) are MUCH better and fitting voices for Luna. I know Luna can be bossy but she DOES care for the girls. The Scene where Luna cries and begs Sailor Moon NOT to use the Silver Crystal was a highlight for me. Im afraid Michelle Ruff might ruin it.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honorableninja View Post
    well i finally got my hands on sailor moon vol 1 from my local libary and good god the picture is horrible i have a standard dvd player on my hdtv so i expect black bars but the picture is so freaking tiny it ruins the impact i was expected more i was expected the same quaility i get when i watch naruto shippuden or bleach dvd but it was the opposite viz and toei had better fix this before part 2 or what the point.
    Yeah the dvds of season 1 part 1 are apparently encoded in 16:9 Anamorphic with the black bars burned in. To say that's kinda stupid is the understatement of the century.

Happily Viz has already said they won't be doing that again on Vol. 2.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425