Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Based on chatter here I'd definitely keep expectations in check for the English dub. The Japanese audio is pretty charming stuff though!
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if they could redub the show if demand was great enough...

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't think so. Instead, I think we all should be glad that we're getting the actual show as it was seen in Japan (i.e. "Animax dub" or not) and not, well, you know...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    I wonder if they could redub the show if demand was great enough...
    I'm not sure if they'd do that after already re-releasing the series on DVD with a dub. Plus, they probably would have done that for this release if they thought that the demand was high enough or worth the money it would cost to redub the whole series.

Beefy is offline It only hurts forever.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wish this show was getting a new dub.
    If NIS didn't want to risk the money they could have made a Kickstarter to fund a new dub.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm buying this series for the heck of it. It should be available at a nearby anime convention this August, so if it's there, I'll be picking it up. And if I don't like it, at least I got the chance to see it in it's original format.

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    The special edition is too much for me, but standard edition for 60 bucks with some 70+ episodes? That I can do. So excited!
    "The Standard edition will ship in three 4-DVD volumes for US$59.99 each." I was thinking $60 total in general until I re-read the article a while ago. That quoted line alone tells me we're looking at a total just over $180 altogether for the standard DVD... $60 felt too good to be true.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Droopy: Hello all you happy people

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    "The Standard edition will ship in three 4-DVD volumes for US$59.99 each." I was thinking $60 total in general until I re-read the article a while ago. That quoted line alone tells me we're looking at a total just over $180 altogether for the standard DVD... $60 felt too good to be true.
    It's worth it in my opinion. Viz Media is selling half-season sets of Sailor Moon for $80, which averages to 23 episodes. I think the price is fair, unlike say, Aniplex. It's just a combination of the quantity of episodes and how rare these have been to get, especially with an uncut dub that has never gotten an official release in North America. Heck, the Animax dub is so rare, I can only find one episode online. This is truly a gem among anime titles. so I think it's well worth the price. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if these go out-of-print after a few years.

GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my set this evening. As anticipated, this is a pristine transfer. Here's a few screengrabs from the opening and first episode (these are large and png versions, so I'll tag em).

I've got the English dub running in the background ATM. The narration in the early minutes where Sakura's introducing her family and friends is borderline painful. After that it gets better, but yeah, this has to be one of those Animax dubs. It has...quirks. For instance, the Clow Cards are pronounced as "Clo Cards". Touya's voice is all wrong. It's, uh, interesting I guess? But considering it an extra is the right attitude, this is icing. The Japanese audio is the cake (along with the sweet video, of course).

Spoiler:

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345