Quantcast
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 227

Like This Thread!
    Okay Fairy Tail is back and I am loving the new season, Tartarus here we come.

We have the whole bath scene, and I think they added a lot, the Fried being a total Lexus fan boy stuff, the Romeo trauma, etc. What wasn't added on was Jet and Droy are still useless. I wonder is Rave a play in this world, or not, I never thought for a moment that crossover OVA can be canon.

We have the new OP, and I love it, it is awesome, great song, it has me pumped up which is what a good opening does.

We than see Flare has snug into the Fairy Tail bath house, the girls freak out, but Lucy says she's cool because she saved her life during the dragon invasion, though in the manga it was because she apology for her action at the water park which does have an OVA, and Flare as Juvia is just adorable. Believe it or not in this arc Flare does such a 180 going from complete psycho to just adorable, or at adorable Lucy stoker.

So Natsu and Gray are going on missions and are fighting, I guess fire and ice don't get a long, but I am sure that ain't stopping the crack shippers. I can't believe it when he punched out Erza, for a moment there I thought they grew up.

We go back to the guild hall, and there is another request for Natsu and Gray and it is from one of the wizard saints Warrond Sequen, and turns out not only is he not that powerful, but he is very eccentric, I kind of like that the wizard saint are not just based on strength, I am sure somewhere Gemma and people like him are losing a gasket over that. The rest of Team Natsu tags along so they don't kill each other, good thing they did.

So it turns this village called the Sun Village is frozen and covered with ice, Queen Ersa what have you done this time? But seriously, not looking good for this village, can Natsu and Gray save the village?

We find out Warrod is a founding member of Fairy Tail, so we see how Fairy Tail began very poetic considering how things after the Tartarus arc, nice to see the other members have voices, I hope after Tartarus, the anime adapts Fairy Tail Zero, it be better than filler, anyone Warrod says about how the current members embarks Mavis vision for Fairy Tail, and makes someone actions at the end of the Tartarus arc look even worse, thanks a lot buddy.

The ED is alright, but doesn't feel like a FT ending, Lucy doesn't even look like she from the Fairy Tail world, she looks more a character from something Nisekoi, I hope each week they have different ED animation like have been doing lately.

Anyone notice they changed the way they do the next episode preview, it used to be Natsu and Happy narrating it and bickering at each other, now it is just a straight up next episode preview with a female voice narrating it, and I think that is Erza's voice actress, I am not sure.

All and all, great episode, glad to see Fairy Tail is back to canon
    Last edited by zoombie; 04-03-2015 at 11:46 PM.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 52

We're finally back to the real stuff, and the first new real arc since the last one began two and a half years ago. We get new opening, title cards, eyecatches, ending, and preview format, all of which are very welcome for what they represent at the very least. The early parts of the episode are basically filler anyway, but at least things are definitely moving forward, and by the end it gives us enough that I'm plenty interested. I also liked some of the humor, like the Rave play (even though not only does Lucy look a lot more like Elie already but she already has an actual Plue) and Juvia's comment that they have a nastier copy of her, which was my first though as well.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Radical is offline Epic Devious Troll
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Episode 227/52 rocked, the epic Sun Village/Tartarus arc begins, sweet,

The new opening is pretty awesome along with showing the Tartarus fights, I'll so enjoy Tartarus the epic new major villains.

Cool to see my Flare who's a Second Juvia/crazy stalker for Lucy who's so CUTE, hahahahahahaha, she'll be an epic new comrade.

Juvia jealous of Flare and mentioning she's a Second Juvia, hahahahahahahaha, you crack me up Juvia, hahahahahaha.

Fried such a Laxus fanboy like the other epic comedy fanboys Bartholomeo(One Piece)/Nagasumi(My Bride Is A Mermaid), hahahahahahaha.

The Rave Master play Rave was super awesome, Erza being my awesome cute Elie, Wendy being Haru, and Carla being Plue, hahahahahahahaha.

Lucy is more like Elie, sweet.

Natsu/Gray punching Erza, hahahahahahahaha.

The new eyecatches are epic.

Warrod is awesome/funny/interesting, cool that he's a Fairy Tail Founder, and cool to see Hades as well.

The new ending is pretty cool as well.

Next episode preview: The Sun Village quest begins and Minerva returns for revenge, sweet.

I'll happy it's back to the real story.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-14-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 53

Very interesting to see how the series brings back plot points from so long ago for this new arc. Hopefully there's something really great in store to make up for all the wait.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 228

Okay the Sun Village arc continues, we meet some new characters and an old character from the past returns.

Anyway we see the village of giants, and Natsu is not going to pass a chance to remind us that Lucy has big boobs and Wendy, poor Wendy. One day Wendy one day. We also get a nice flashback of Grey from when Ur died to when Ultear sacrificed most of her life.

But they are not alone, we meet these three scumbags from a treasure hunting guild called Sylph Labyrinth, who are like the Jiggle Butt Gang, except non of the loveable aspects, yeah they have all the annoyance of the Jiggle Butt Gang, just not nice or likable at all. I can't wait to see them get their butts kicked.

Also there is this a dark guild called Succubus Eye, there members are this giant flying eye bird thing, this big guy whose name we don't know yet, and someone from the not too far past Minerva. One thing the anime does better than the manga here, and say what you want about the filler, but Minerva return seems more like a big return than in the manga. In the anime her last appearance was episode 189 that aired 9 months ago, while in the manga was just 21 chapters and 4 months between appearance. So thanks filler, you did something right.

Anyway in the end, Erza does some investigating, and she turned into child, well looks like Wendy is not the only flat chested person in Fairy Tail, so congratulation Wendy.

Anyway this was a good set up episode, can't wait to see what happens next week. And this week's ED is Erza, my guess for the next ED is Wendy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice to see Ur/Ultear, she'll be missed.

Both Lala, Hiroshi, and Drake the treasure hunter dirtbags are my favorite cool new villains, I'll enjoy their defeats though, hehehehe.

Nice to see my favorite despicable villainess/huge witch Minerva who's gonna play a major role, but I'll still enjoy her second crushing defeat again, hehehehe.

I'll enjoy the awesome new villains of Succubus Eye, cool.

Kid Erza is SO CUTE!!!!!

Next episode preview: During the Sylph Labyrinth fight/Kid Erza scenes, Minerva/Succubus Eye makes their move.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 229

What an episode, Flare shows up in all glory, we see Erza and Minerva begin their battle, Natsu turns into a kid, and Happy is useless.

God dammit it Happy, if Natsu didn't want to hit him I will. Stupid cat, why is he even here?

The Erza imagination of what being a child would mean, especially Wendy and Doranbolt's reaction classic. Erza and Minerva cross paths again.

The anime added a lot of stuff in their confrontation, it was much shorter in the manga, first of Erza saying she was worried about Minerva was never said in the manga, nothing about Sabertooth was mentioned, let alone the Minerva was killed by the dragons, and Sabertooth is never even mentioned at all in this arc. Obviously the anime writers are taking advantage of knowing what happens in the manga, and adding some for shadowing, if this was in the manga, I would know exactly what direction they are going with Minerva's character. I did figure it out early on in the Tartarus arc, and I am one of the few that called it, but anyway would had figure out even sooner.

Natsu has a kid, I liked that hey kept his grownup voice, I mean the point is this magic turns people into child form, to look like children, they are not children, so Natsu keeping his grownup voice makes sense. Besides I have had enough of our characters are children flashback.

Those treasure hunters are really dumb, did they think Lucy and Wendy fall for their disguise, maybe Ash Katchem would, but not Lucy and Wendy. Looks like they are in trouble when Flare suddenly shows up to save Lucy again and looking hot as ever.

I was right the ending this week was Wendy. Hiro did say there would be a surprise in the upcoming ED, I expect next week would be Flare or Minerva, they are the only other female characters in this arc, except for Charles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 54

I love the subtle gag of Doranbolt being a lolicon.

Not surprising to see Minerva join a dark guild. Then again, I wouldn't have expected Flare to be a good guy so soon after the Grand Magic Games, so you never know. Minerva is probably more interesting remaining a villain at this stage, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Episode 229/54 was pretty sweet,

Kid Erza's imaginations on Natsu, Gray, Wendy, Dranbalt, and Jellal, funny, hahahahahahahaha.

I love Doriate, awesome new dangerous demon villain, Succubus Eye villains are so awesome.

Kid Erza meeting her worst nightmare, Minerva, dun, dun, dun, hehehe, Kid Erza vs. Minerva, sweet.

Minerva joining Succubus Eye, cool, she's nominated best awesome despicable anime villain ever next to Rezo/Shabranigdo/Valgaav(Slayers), Tony(Blue Gender), Fleet Admiral Akainu/Blackbeard, Balalaika/Revy, Byakuran(Reborn!), and Ragyo/Nui(Kill la Kill) among awesome despicable anime villains.

Natsu becoming Kid Natsu, hahahahahahahaha, Happy/Gray will easily tease him, hahahahaha.

Lala/Hiroshi's stupid Happy/Carla disguises, hehehe, they're easily the lamest loser anime villains ever, hehehe.

Flare finally showing up saving my Lucy/Wendy, yaaaaaaay, both Lucy, Wendy, and Flare to beat Lala, Hiroshi, and Drake the treasure hunter scumbags is gonna be awesome.

Wendy's cute ending, sweet, the endings showing the awesome female characters is so epic.

Next episode preview: The fights with Minerva/Doriate and Lala, Hiroshi, and Drake continue with Flare here for awesomeness.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-21-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 230

Well this was an excellent episode, I love seeing the friendship angels kick Sylph Labyrinth butt. Man I hate those guys, they are all talk big, and talking down to our heroine and in the end they were made fools of.

Nice to learn more about Flare's past, I wish we could have had a flashback as Flare as a kid, but seeing Flare when she joined Raven Tail before she became all psycho was nice to see, and Flare teasing Lucy about stocking her hilarious.

Meanwhile Natsu keeps looking for a voice, chiibi Erza keeps getting her butt kicked by Minerva who is to stupid to finish her off when she has the chance, and the exceeds they find a weird bird thing.

But the other main plot is Gray, who gets turned into a child by Doriath and gets some intense flashback, but nice to see Ultear help him overcome it, I don't understand how she is not dead, so her spirit can't just help him, maybe I am reading too much into that, Gray is ready to confront his past.

This week's ending is our friendship angels and Erza in what looks like they are all in chibi form, a spoiler for what is come to.

Next week, the battle with Gray and Doriath continues and more people turn into children, things are getting out of hand.