Outbreak Company again.
Search the Site:
Kill la Kill
A Certain Magical Index
Beast King Go-Lion
The Toonzone Anime of the Month Club was created with the purpose of exposing new viewers to different anime titles and genres that otherwise would not get as much exposure in the mainstream. Each month, Toonzone members can nominate a series or feature for consideration, after which members can then vote on which title deserves the dubious honor of AotM.
Before you begin, there are two basic rules to adhere to:
* Only one (1) anime nomination per Toonzone member is allowed. Any nominations after your first one will NOT be accepted. In addition, please DO NOT post lists in this thread, as they will not be read or tolerated.
* Do not be afraid to second (or third) an already nominated title. In some cases, it increases the likelihood of an anime series or feature winning AotM honors for the following month.
In addition to the basic rules, there are also some restrictions to abide by when nominating an anime title (newbies please read before posting, as these guidelines are subject to change):
* Previous Toonzone AotM titles cannot be nominated. To see a complete list of recent titles, please visit the Official Toonzone Anime of the Month Archives (via Google Docs).
* If a new season of a previous TZ AotM title has been announced or has aired long after the original was discussed in previous thread(s), it may be given some consideration (as it has happened before in the past with some titles).
* Any anime that has been shown, announced, or is scheduled to be shown on American national television during the past 4-5 years (mostly ruling out any anime that has been shown on Adult Swim/Toonami, SyFy (formerly SciFi Channel), Cartoon Network, Vortexx on the CW, etc.) cannot be nominated, since they probably have more than enough exposure already (rule subject to change). NOTE: This rule does not apply to anime that is available on various Video-on-Demand platforms or special services (i.e.: Anime Network, FUNimation Channel, etc.), nor does it apply to anime shown on premium or digital tier-only channels (i.e.: Showtime Beyond, Starz/Encore Action, IFC, Pivot, etc.) since not everyone has access to either digital cable, satellite, or IPTV (i.e. AT&T U-verse; Verizon FiOS) service.
* Only anime that has been officially released in the U.S. via legal means (on DVD/BluRay, online, VoD, etc.) can be nominated. They don't necessarily have to be English-dubbed releases, so long as they are subtitled in English. If an anime title has been licensed, but does not yet have an official street date for release, they may still be nominated if available through other means. 1st NOTE: Fansub and fandub discussions are a no-no at Toonzone (as defined in the Forum Rules), so don't nominate those. 2nd NOTE: To better understand what is considered as a legal source and/or what is deemed as eligible, please visit the Guide and Thread for Free, Legally Streaming Anime.
* Anime television series, feature-length movies, OVAs and OADs are all equally acceptable. In the case of releases spanning multiple DVD, Blu-Ray and/or VHS volumes, discussions should be limited to at least the first 4-6 episodes (particularly volume 1 of a regular release). Later releases may be discussed, but spoilers beyond the first volume should be omitted or placed in spoiler tags.
* Due to the limited time period for AotM titles, any new titles released beyond the first week or two should not be nominated until the next month.
As always, any other questions, comments, or suggestions may be discussed here if it's towards improving the selection process in this thread.
Members will have one week to nominate titles for March's AotM. The last day for nominations is next Saturday evening, February 22nd (or sooner if we reach 15 nominations). The voting process will start promptly thereafter at the top of this thread, and will last for one week. In the event of a tie, a runoff poll will be posted, and voting will last for 48 hours.
The floor for March AotM nominations is now OPEN. Please proceed.
Outbreak Company again.
Look for me on deviantART, Newgrounds (MutterMoron666), and YouTube!
Ask me anything on Ask.fm!
Also, read my blog for my musings on animation and other random baloney!
White Album 2.
Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari (Black)/Monogatari Series Second Season
Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)
I'll nominate A Certain Magical Index.
Random quote (changes once in a while)
"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
- Izzy, Digimon
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst
Kill la Kill.
I nominate Bokurano
Getting off from violence circa 1997
Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.
I'm going to suggest something a bit off the beaten path again: Beast King Go-Lion, which I notice is on Crunchyroll. This is the Japanese anime that Voltron was adapted from long ago. It's not a nomination based on expectations of substantially higher quality, in my eyes this is one 1980s super robot show among a deluge of them happened to get adapted into a hit. Still, there are allegedly enough differences that it might be an amusing exercise to check it out and see just how much was changed in comparison. And who couldn't use some camp every now and then?
I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson
Vote in the TZ Forums' "Battle of the Brackets" Action Cartoon Tournament!
Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.
The nomination period has now CLOSED, and the voting period has begun with a total of (9) titles under AotM consideration for the month of March.
You will have one week to cast your vote. The poll will officially close next Saturday at the time indicated at the top of the thread.
Good luck, everyone!
|toonzone quick jump|