Quantcast
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I was actually thinking of the singer Susan Boyle. "Zuzu Boyle" kinda sounds like Susan Boyle, and it would explain why they called her Zuzu. Since her deck is mostly music/"Melodious" monsters, I think they were trying to make her name a reference to that singer.

Although, that does make me wonder how they'll treat Yuya's upcoming opponents. It wouldn't shock me if they tried to make that cooking guy a reference to Guy Fieri (sp?) or Gordon Ramsay, or that quiz guy to Alex Trebek. It's like the oft-mentioned GX characters, and also "Striker Crossit" from ZEXAL was a reference to some soccer player, I think.

EDIT: Actually, Striker himself wasn't a reference. His brothers, Dempsey and Donovan were references to Clint Dempsey and Landon Donovan.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    I was actually thinking of the singer Susan Boyle. "Zuzu Boyle" kinda sounds like Susan Boyle, and it would explain why they called her Zuzu. Since her deck is mostly music/"Melodious" monsters, I think they were trying to make her name a reference to that singer.
    That would be a really weak reason for giving her that name. Calling her Susie would make more sense in they wanted to make a reference to Susan Boyle. Zuzu also doesn't really sound much like Susan or Susie either. Plus, if they wanted to make her dub name tie in with her Melodious deck, then Melody would have made much more sense. There is really no good reason why they gave her that terrible dub name.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 57

Yes we meet Crow, and he is kind of what he was in 5Ds. He seems like someone you can rely on, but also has his morals, as he didn't approve of those kids stealing.

Poor Yuzu, everyone thinks she is crazy and doesn't believe her, but I can't blame them, talk about multy dimensions, people trapped in cards, I would think she is crazy to.

Dennis he is such a con man, and anyone notice the money bills has a picture of Yeager. And Gong is spot on about Dennis being a liar and a villains, he just don't know how true those statements were. I loved their little show duel, I so wanted Gong to teach that little spy a lesson, though I wonder if Dennis took a dive at the end, he is playing the villain, did he want to make those little kids cry? Yeah he is a spy, I don't know if he has that evil.

I thought Melissa Clare was the Nico of this dimension, nope it is this Gallagher guy, only he looks more meaner and sinister than circus Hitler.

I have to admit, seeing more of her, Melissa is kind of hot. Dam I hope there is more to her character than meets the eye.

Next week, Shun is back and maybe this is when he will duel Dennis, and maybe they will find out he is a spy.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Yes we meet Crow, and he is kind of what he was in 5Ds. He seems like someone you can rely on, but also has his morals, as he didn't approve of those kids stealing.
    I think that the main reason he disapproved of those kids stealing had more to do with not wanting them to get caught and thrown into one of those camps than standing by his morals, especially when he most likely went through that himself due the marks on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    Dennis he is such a con man, and anyone notice the money bills has a picture of Yeager. And Gong is spot on about Dennis being a liar and a villains, he just don't know how true those statements were. I loved their little show duel, I so wanted Gong to teach that little spy a lesson, though I wonder if Dennis took a dive at the end, he is playing the villain, did he want to make those little kids cry? Yeah he is a spy, I don't know if he has that evil.
    I noticed the picture of Yeager on the money. There were a couple of little 5D's references in this episode, which were awesome. As for Dennis, it's possible that he was still holding back during the duel. He didn't play Polymerization, which is possibly where his real strength lies. Although, it's also possible that he just didn't have Polymerization in his hand. I don't think that he took a dive or at least it isn't as obvious as when he threw his duel against Serena.

I thought Melissa Clare was the Nico of this dimension, nope it is this Gallagher guy, only he looks more meaner and sinister than circus Hitler.
    I don't know about that. Melissa has more of Nico's role in terms of narrating duels for the general public. Gallager is more into underground/illegal duels.

Next week, Shun is back and maybe this is when he will duel Dennis, and maybe they will find out he is a spy.
    According to preview information, they do have a duel, but I doubt that they'll find out that Dennis is a spy. They might be more suspicious about him after the duel, but I think it's far too early for Dennis to be revealed. He isn't the best spy given some of his facial expressions, but I think it would be pretty stupid to reveal himself this early in the arc. I would expect them to find out either close or shortly after Academia attacks the Synchro dimension, which probably won't happen for awhile given the lack of any signs of Academia in the opening theme. I think that they might want to have Dennis interact with the Lancers more before revealing his true colors.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was really cool to see Crow interact with Yuya and the others. He does come off as having the same basic personality as he did in 5D's given how he cares for a bunch of kids and knew that Yuya was good by how he was protecting Reira.

I could have done without Sawatari making up how he is an undefeated duelist and calling Yuya his disciple. It made sense with his character, but it was also the kind of arrogant attitude that really ticks me off. That was one of my problems with Sora even before his true nature showed itself and while that did bother me a lot, at least Sora had the skill to back it up. Sawatari isn't the worst duelist in the show, but he's far from being good, especially when he was crushed in a one turn kill in the previous episode, so that just make his arrogance more annoying. There's having confidence in the face of many failures and then there's just being an idiot. Sawatari clearly falls into the latter in my opinion, especially when he hasn't really learned anything and the most development he arguably had was becoming less of an antagonist jerk. He's still a jerk, but just slightly less of a jerk, which is not any development to write home about in my opinion. He still has potential to develop, but whether or not they actually do that remains to be seen. At this point, I'm hoping that he'll either actually get character development or he just gets carded. He's easily the weakest member of the Lancers and next to Tsukikage, he's the most expendable, so he could be carded without losing anything of significant value in my opinion.

I did like how Crow decided to go out looking for Yuzu and Yugo for Yuya. It was a nice moment to showcase how helpful and friendly he can be. I would have liked a few more scenes with Crow interacting with the other characters, but it might be good that his scenes were short. As awesome as it is to bring back older characters, I don't want them to overshadow the current cast, so starting off with Crow only having a few scenes might be a good sign in how they're going to handle the older characters.

I also really liked those 5D's references. Not only did they show Yeager on those bills, but the guy who gave Carly information on the Arcadia Movement was there holding a Morphtronic figure. It gives me hope that there is a Carly in this universe. Even though this is an alternate universe version of 5D's, I still want a JackxCarly reference so badly.

I thought that it was sweet that Gongenzaka was searching for Yuya. It made sense given their friendship and he's the only member of the Lancers that Gongenzaka has any solid connection to, but just the way he kept asking people if they saw Yuya was sweet. Dennis was also having quite a bit of fun performing for people. I'm not even sure if he was being honest with why he was doing it. Sure, it's possible that Yuya and the others would hear about their performances, especially once TV reporters came by, but that seems to be banking on Yuya and the others being close to a TV set or near the area. The way Gongenzaka said "Ladies and Gentlemen" was hilarious though,.

It was nice to see a bit more of Yuzu interacting with Yugo. Yuzu saying that she never knew her mother was interesting mainly due to how they usually don't bring up absent parent figures in this franchise. One interesting theory I've heard is how Yuzu and her counterparts are physical avatars of their bracelets, which could be why Yuzu couldn't throw her bracelet away before and why Yuzu's mother wasn't shown during her flashback. I'm not sure if I buy that theory, mainly due to how I'm not sure why avatars of the bracelet would grow and age like a human being, but it's an interesting theory and could be possible, especially when they actually confirmed that Yuzu didn't know her mother. It was nice that she wanted to warn people about Academia attacking their dimension. It made sense with her character, but it wasn't the best idea. She and Yugo are already wanted by Security, so they need to keep a low profile. Plus, she doesn't have much proof, so she just comes off as being crazy to other people. She has Hail and Olga's cards, but that's not really enough. Yugo trying to use Clear Wing Synchro Dragon to cross dimensions was pretty funny though.

The duel between Dennis and Gongenzaka was pretty good. I think that Dennis was having more fun than Gongenzaka, especially when he became the villain. I also get the impression that the duel is foreshadowing Dennis' reveal. He acted out as the hero and then revealed himself as the villain once Gongenzaka said that he wasn't a hero. It's hard to say if Dennis was revealing some of his true colors through the duel or if he's just a good actor. It was cool to see Gongenzaka get a full duel again and most of Dennis' cards were pretty neat too. It was interesting that the first use of Pendulum summoning that the general public can see, as I doubt anyone outside of Security saw Yuya's Pendulum summons from the previous episode, was used by someone playing a villain. That might not cause a negative association with Pendulum summoning, but it was interesting how the kids responded to how Pendulum monsters are sent to the Extra Deck and can be summoned again by saying that was cheating. While Xyz summoning is apparently unknown in this dimension as well, they didn't have as much of a reaction to seeing an Xyz summon compared to a Pendulum summon. I'm still not sure if this means that only Synchro monsters exist in this universe, especially when we don't know if Fusion summoning exists in this dimension or not.

It was pretty cool to see Gongenzaka defeat Dennis. Even if he was holding back, it was pretty satisfying to see him lose. Gallager showing up at the end was an interesting note to end the episode with. Based on the previews, Gongenzaka isn't happy with being in an underground dueling place, which would probably factor why Dennis is more eager to duel Shun if he just sees it as a different kind of entertainment.

Radical is offline Epic Devious Troll
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Episode 57 was pretty sweet,

Cool to see Crow, yaaaaaaaay, his interactions with Yuya, Reira, Serena, and Shingo were great.

Crow's kid friends Amanda(she's cute), Frank, and Tanner were great/likable, Crow taking care of the kids is so sweet.

Yuya to hear the story about the Tops and the Commons was great.

Nice to see more of Yugo/Yuzu and their best interactions while watching out for the scumbag cops, but nice of Yuzu to have poor Hailil/Olga's cards.

Dennis, so awesome/funny with his interactions with Noboru/Gong, hahahahahaha.

Cool to see Melissa, so hot/awesome.

Dennis vs. Noboru/Gong was an awesome entertaining duel with their cool cards, Dennis almost showed his true colors, sweet, and poor Dennis losing to Noboru/Gong, hehehe.

Yeager in the dollar, the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's references were awesome.

I love Gallagher, a great interesting new minor black villain/corrupt scumbag who's in charge of the evil Underground Duel Arena, he's so like Mr. Shroud(Yu-Gi-Oh! GX), awesome, both Noboru/Dennis competing in the Underground Duel Arena, awesome.

Next episode preview: The evil Underground Dueling Arena begins with Noboru, Shun, and Dennis competing, they'll easily crush the other loser duelist opponents, hehehehe.The Reira/Amanda bonding will be cute/great.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do we know if Dennis is actually from the Fusion dimension, or he is just working for Acadamia and his from the Standard dimension?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Do we know if Dennis is actually from the Fusion dimension, or he is just working for Acadamia and his from the Standard dimension?
    I doubt that he's from the Standard dimension. He was really shocked at learning that Reiji could use all of the Extra Deck special summons, even though that's common knowledge at LDS. If he was really from the Standard dimension, I suspect that Dennis would have known about that earlier. Dennis could be from the Fusion dimension or maybe he could be from the Xyz dimension and at some point agreed to join Academia's side. That could explain why he has Xyz monsters despite working for Academia. We don't know much about Dennis, so both sound like fairly good possibilities to me, but I think we can at least rule out Dennis being from the Standard dimension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if this by any means is a sign that the dub announcement is coming in days or next week? Yuya Sakaki Character Profile : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Site

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    I wonder if this by any means is a sign that the dub announcement is coming in days or next week? Yuya Sakaki Character Profile : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Site
    I think that taking Yuya's character profile being included on the official site as a sign of a dub announcement is a pretty big stretch. Even if they included more Arc-V characters on the official site, that doesn't necessarily mean that an announcement regarding the dub is on the way. That just means that they're updating part of their site. They'll announce stuff about the dub when they're ready for it. You don't have to take every tiny new detail as a sign. That's just going to get old and you'll just end up setting yourself up for disappointment, especially when you've been taking so many things as a sign for an announcement for quite some time now and they haven't provided anything regarding the dub's release for months. Just wait until there is some actual solid information to speculate on, not just a character profile update.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 58

Okay so looks like we will have another tournament, hopefully this Gold Cup of Friendship or whatever it's called will have a conclusion.

Everyone is still separated, and poor Gong he is stuck with the biggest jerk of the Lancers Dennis, and Kurosaki is not that much better though he has the sympathetic back story that makes it more excusable, than again how is this going to get any closer to Ruri?, but yeah Dennis makes Shingo look like a great humble nice guy.

But have to admit Kurosaki and Dennis what a duel, and yes Kurosaki is starting to put the pieces together and figure out that Dennis is not who he claims to be. I hope he gets outed soon and see what happens, maybe Dennis has a sympathetic back story as well, there is fan speculation that Acadamia is black mailing him, we will see.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950