Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

JShaggy is offline Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 13

Kill la Kill came back from its short break with a bang, as well as a turning point for the series post-Naturals election:

Spoiler:
    We learned a bit more about Satsuki's upcoming "raid trip" of the three schools not under her control, as well as more about the Kiryuuin conglomerate (REVOCS, backwards for COVERS) run by her mother, Ragyo, which appears to be waging a war between those that are clothed and the Nudists (In that speech of Ragyo's, she references "Adam & Eve"). While it looks like they are on good mother-and-daughter terms and have similar goals during that brief meeting between each other, there is the possibility that Ragyo may not be all that trusting in her daughter for her to have an outside agent like Nui Harime get involved in the recent arc (and in this one too).

Other than the war, most of the focus was on Ryuko, whom after going into berserk mode last time against Nui, has suddenly become dejected, in fear of her own abilities while wearing Senketsu. While she does snap out of it thanks to some "help", Ryuko winds up being lured into a trap by Nui (disguised as a no-star student) and, as a result, gets "stripped of the will to fight" along with Senketsu, which shatters into a hundred pieces, (almost all of which are taken by Satsuki to be placed into the uniforms of her soldiers, although Ryuko is shown to be holding on to one of those shattered pieces in her hand).

So now that Ryuko is essentially back at square one (minus Senketsu), defeated and in no condition to fight anyone at the moment (not even Satsuki and her Elite Four), the story from here gets a bit murky with the odds obviously even more stacked against her right now. Hopefully, Aikirou Mikisugi can will her back into fighting with purpose and resolve as the raids on the other schools begin next week (and hopefully a couple of shirtless moments will happen too ).
    Last edited by JShaggy; 01-09-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode #13

Ah, a preparations for war episode. I think I read something about this arc ending with episode #15 on Twitter, so I have to wonder how the story is going to pan out from here. Satsuki's mom continues to be awesome, I await a focus episode for her.

Speaking of waiting, I guess we'll have to wait a while before Ryuuko fights at full power. Nui is pretty boring, so I'm looking forward to her defeat.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dang, I guess I need to be a membership to see the latest episode. Unless they release it for free a week later. I sure hope so.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

VLGTZ is offline Too Much Time on My Hands
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Dang, I guess I need to be a membership to see the latest episode. Unless they release it for free a week later. I sure hope so.
    You can watch it right now on Hulu, ya know.

Watch Kill la Kill | Crazy for You online | Free | Hulu

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VLGTZ View Post
    You can watch it right now on Hulu, ya know.

Watch Kill la Kill | Crazy for You online | Free | Hulu
    Ooh, I didn't know it was available there.
    Thanks!

I'm sorry guys, I'm into this, but the villain's motivations behind this is a little murky. Are the other schools run by Nudists? Are we talking actual nuditsts? I'm a little confused.
    But man, Ryuko's in big trouble now. I can't wait to see how she's getting out of this.
    How many episodes is this supposed to be?

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry guys, I'm into this, but the villain's motivations behind this is a little murky. Are the other schools run by Nudists? Are we talking actual nuditsts? I'm a little confused.
    I'm guessing that they are affiliated with Nudist Beach, the group that Mikisugi and Tsumugu belong to.

How many episodes is this supposed to be?
    This arc? Supposedly it might end with episode #15. As far as the show as a whole, it's going to last 24 episodes with one OVA.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Rob_TF is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice of Satsuki to not only save Ryuko but also leave her one scrap of Senketsu and put a blanket on her so she wouldn't get cold. Too bad no one in the series will ever know Satsuki did that.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did enjoy the episode and what transpired. I'm just...
    Spoiler:
    Really REALLY tired of all this rug pulling under Ryuko. Maybe it's the two-week break that has affected me, but I just did NOT exactly care for her getting her teeth kicked in AGAIN by the world around her. It no longer feels like the plot or story giving her odds to conquer but instead just is a means to keep her face down on the ground for an inordinate amount of time, for every victory and loss she endures is always going to be at the advantage of some other party. Some cynical part of me has assumed that the fact that she still has a piece of Senketsu is not an act of charity of Satsuki, but something that, in a later episode, Satsuki will then say "AHA! LEAVING YOU A PART OF SENKETSU WAS ALL PART OF MY PLAN TO CONQUER JAPAN FOOL!"

I was actually hoping for once that Ryuko had some support from other than her regular channels, but nope. What would've been a "WOAH!" moment just turned into a "...Really?" Maybe this'll change in later episodes, but we shall see.