Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    JShaggy is offline Happy People ClickPLAY! Rainbow Champion BioGems Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #20

Like This Thread!

So it's come to this. The old switcheroo, with an enraged Ryuko being forced into wearing Junketsu by Ragyo (along with being given false memories), and Satsuki now donning Senketsu after escaping from her cage. Kinda figured this would happen (half of it anyway), although I thought Ragyo's latest Kamui creation, Shinra-Kotetsu, would've made an appearance in this episode after teasing about it last week. So now, the two siblings are about to fight each other again, but this time with Satsuki trying her best to free Ryuko from Ragyo's clutches. Should be fun, but the main event still awaits.

Also, Nui being a test tube baby spawned from the original Life Fiber wasn't much of a surprise, and would explain her super abilities despite not wearing a Kamui of her own. Too bad she likely won't be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    If I'm recalling correctly Ryuko mentioned before she befriended Mako and her family she was a bully that got into a lot of fights: so I guess the yankī look of Junketsu worn by Ryuko is appropriate.
    I forgot about that, and would explain why it looked different.

I wonder if the Nudist beach ship turns out to be more than just a naval vessel.
    It better not turn into a giant robot, I hope. That would ruin the show this late in the series.

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #20

Oh hey, Dai-Gurren. No, seriously.

The episode on the whole didn't necessarily blow me away, but the reversal of Ryuko and Satsuki for presumably their final battle against each other before joining forces to take down the real enemies closed it up beautifully.

Also nice to see them use some more of the vocal tracks from the soundtrack that haven't gotten as much air time. That scene of Ryuko's memory being rewritten was actually a little touching between that element and the images of what could've been if Ragyo wasn't such a deranged monster.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another "slow" setup episode. Main highlights were seeing Mako's speech actaully failing, Satsuki's escape, and the role reversal of the kamuis. Part of me wonders if Satsuki will somehow be able to hear Senketsu while fighting with him, or at least pick up his vibes.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
    It better not turn into a giant robot, I hope. That would ruin the show this late in the series.
    I was thinking space ship.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was hoping Ryuuko's brainwashing would have instead resulted in her asking "Why?" Ragyo couldn't have actually loved her like that. It would've given her some much needed depth. I've shied away from mentioning it, but Ryuuko really isn't terribly interesting. She isn't a fleshed-out character so much one trick pony and it's really starting to hurt now that we're so close to the end of the series.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the brainwashing if she was able to ask "why?" It's more likely that she'll get the chance to do that once she's free of Junketsu .

And while Ryuko is certainly not as complex as Satsuki, I appreciate how passionate and hot-blooded she can become and I like how she's, when compared to Satsuki, a bit more human I.E. She makes mistakes, doesn't always come out on top but pushes forward regardless, practically wears her heart/feelings on her sleeves, and can grow and change.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The ending of this was telegraphed a bit beforehand but that didn't stop it from being awesome and amazing. If nothing else, this show will always be interesting for the way it's shifted Satsuki from cocky antagonist to basically a second main character. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the brainwashing if she was able to ask "why?" It's more likely that she'll get the chance to do that once she's free of Junketsu .

And while Ryuko is certainly not as complex as Satsuki, I appreciate how passionate and hot-blooded she can become and I like how she's, when compared to Satsuki, a bit more human I.E. She makes mistakes, doesn't always come out on top but pushes forward regardless, practically wears her heart/feelings on her sleeves, and can grow and change.
    I think so too. I think what you see with Ryuko in much of this episode is that underneath all that anger, she was suffering from despair at the latest round of revelations. Look at how she interacts with Senketsu and Mako, and this becomes more transparent. She's being all angry but it's not about them, it's about her - all that "I'm not even human" stuff. So she fights and fights and stays angry to push all that down away inside. Here's hoping the coming clash gives her a massive dose of needed hardcore fighting spirit!
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda get where Jacob is coming from. I felt for the last few weeks that Ryuuko almost feels like an outsider in her own series, like a secondary character that got bumped to main status. The story went from Ryuuko getting answers about her father from Satsuki in the beginning and has eventually morphed to Satsuki rebelling against her mother with Ryuuko being caught in the middle due to circumstance. I still like Ryuuko, but yeah, I feel like KLK at this point is Satsuki & the Four's show.
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It really wouldn't be the first time this creative team did something like that

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #21

The battle to get Ryuko back to normal got underway in this episode, as well as Ragyo's World Domination plot.

Highlights:

Spoiler:
    - Sex scene?: The episode starts with Ragyo and Nui having their way with Ryuko before synchronizing with Junketsu. Before setting off to go after Nudist Beach, Ryuko manages to steal a kiss from Nui "for good luck".
    - Satsuki and Senketsu fight Ryuko and Junketsu. Unfortunately, this was a one-sided fight with Satsuki getting pounded, even after borrowing some moves from Ryuko, who rags on her for not being able to synchronize with a Kamui.
    - Fortunately, the Four Devas step in alongside Satsuki - thanks to some written instructions on Mako's hands - and create a diversion in order to allow Gamagoori to extract Junketsu away from Ryuko. However, they learn from Nui that Junketsu is tightly bound to Ryuko's Life Fibers, and any attempt to remove it will kill her.
    - Ryuko rips Senketsu right off of Satsuki, but gets stopped by Mako before she can make the final blow.
    - Senketsu saves Mako from getting killed by Nui while managing to put itself on Mako in order to protect her. Nui then orders Ryuko to kill both Mako and Senketsu, but not before Satsuki launches one final attack. She breaks Junketsu open in order to allow Senketsu to enter into Ryuko's sub-conscious. Once there, Mako makes a plea to Ryuko before being sliced in half. Well, actually, it was Senketsu taking the hit in order to defend Mako from getting killed.
    - The plan works, as it was enough to snap Ryuko out of Ragyo's spell before forcibly ripping Junketsu off of her without dying. The old Ryuko Matoi is back folks!

As for the final battle ahead:

Spoiler:
    REVOCS now has a monopoly on all clothing as Ragyo Kiryuin sets the final phase of her plan to turn everything into Life Fibers in motion - The Cocoon Sphere Nativity. Ragyo is then seen riding on top of the Original Life Fiber as it floats across the sky.

As for what happens next, we'll have to watch the full preview of the next episode to find out. Unfortunately, Aniplex USA has been posting them two weeks after the episode has aired.
    Last edited by JShaggy; 03-07-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added more details to the spoiler boxes

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great episode

and I do love how Mako sticks around till the bitter end

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... I guess this episode will be known as 'that one where Ryuuko had three or four other characters inside her'.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... I guess this episode will be known as 'that one where Ryuuko had three or four other characters inside her'.
    Aww, C'mon -_- I'm seriously getting tired of the child molesting mommy. Wouldn't surprise me if in the end Ragyo's hands are the first things that go, especially if Satsuki gets to her first.

Anyways, an intense episode. Gotta love how Satsuki attention to even to most minute details. Writing a complicated plan on Mako's hands so she wouldn't forget, Noticing how Nui didn't give her the other half of the Scissor Blade. Thought Ryuuko is right, she does love hearing the sound of her own voice, lol.

I also never said anything before, but now I'm starting to really think the assistant may be the true puppetmaster of all of this. They've been giving her some more screen time lately and it wouldn't surprise me if she came out to be some Life Fiber Queen or something.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #21

There were some nice layouts this week. I'm always happy when a director decides to be creative with the camera angles. The fight was also pretty exciting. With Ryuuko back and Harime Nui stabbed I have to wonder if the next episode is going to be more of Nui fighting everyone or if another player will enter this fight. If Nui doesn't fall here in episode #22 I suspect #23 will be a before-the-storm resting episode before episodes #24-25 wrap things up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The force is strong with the Ira x Mako.

Here's pullin' for this to come through.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here'a another bit of fan art:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This made me laugh a bit, with the Soul Eater finale coming up this weekend on Toonami.

Oh no,Excalibur Again! by juliobolivar on deviantART

FOOLS!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here'a another bit of fan art:
    This is amazing

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

She's been disarmed.
    Looks like she'll have to change her title from the Grand Couturier to Stumpy.
    A farewell to arms.
    Need a hand Harime.
    "If you're happy and you know it cl... awwwwwww"
    "Hey, Nui! High.... awwwwww"

It seems the translator is rather fond of the term 'bat-crap crazy'.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    seems like we'll be seeing the Goku uniforms once again in action

this anime really seems to know what it's fans want

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast