Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode #15

Like This Thread!
    Yes, my use of the Title section to list the chapter or episode number is finally taking off. Hoho~!!

Indeed, Mako x Gamagoori continues to be the best thing about this series. Gamagoori actively noticing her was a clear sign of...something! *Shakes fist* I hope this isn't a red-haring!

This certainly felt like a climax, although I have to wonder if this is going to be as good as the final episode will be. That'd be a bit disappointing.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The fights this episode were just sick. I mean, the scale just keeps expanding, and the pace is unheard of for something so hot-blooded. Plus, I have to think the whole bit with chopping up senketsu and collecting the pieces was also a little call back to the P&S finale just for show.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is that why Ryuko's efforts to get them back ended in one episode ?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pixiv's tag for Mako is basically all Mako x Gamagoori. Faith in Otaku restored.

Spoiler:

TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

JShaggy is online now Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that why Ryuko's efforts to get them back ended in one episode ?
    Two actually. She got all but one piece back in the last episode, and had to fight to get the final piece in this one.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Pixiv doesn't allow off site image embedding.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 16

Haha, good troll at the beginning there, guys. I knew that wouldn't be the case, but it still got me for a fraction of a second, just as Senketsu knew it would.

New OP and ED are both good and maybe on par with the first pair, although the song for the first OP was particularly great.

And yeah, lots of exposition and setup of what we'll be dealing with for the rest of the series. Life Fibers created not only clothing, but human civilization as we know it. Of course.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Rob_TF is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So clothing came from Outer Space,
    intent on enslaving the Human Race.

Good one Nakashima, crazier than Gurren Lagann's "The Power of Evolution will destroy the Universe."

JShaggy is online now Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #16

The truth about everything has come out (from Life Fibers to Nudist Beach to Ryuko's father to the Kiryuins), which now sets the tone for the events to come in the final eight episodes of the series.

Apart from a summary of all the events that happened in the first part, which was completely done in under 90 seconds, there were a few notable highlights from this episode:

Spoiler:
    - Satsuki's recent battle with Ryuko has apparently taken a heavy toll on her body, requiring Junketsu to be heavily restrained soon after. Her mother Ragyo is aware of this and steps in to heal her daughter in a moment of incest between the two before revealing a hidden secret to her: the source of Life Fibers themselves.
    - Life Fibers came from outer space, and were responsible for the evolution of mankind on Earth (in the form of clothing). However, the fibers themselves are parasitic in nature, as it feeds off of the nervous system of the host.
    - Ryuko's father, Isshin Matoi, founded the organization known as Nudist Beach - a counteroffensive against the powerful Kiryuin clan and the Life Fibers in which they are beholden to spreading around the world through their clothing.
    - Senketsu was especially created by Isshin, under secretive circumstances, to combat against the Kiryuins (which essentially makes Ryuko and Satsuki natural enemies, let alone rivals).
    - The next big (and final?) battle has been revealed by Ragyo. The Sports and Cultural Festival, which I'm guessing will be Colosseum-style in nature.

Next week, Ryuko and Tsumugu are going to fight each other (again).

P.S.: I'm liking the new OP and ED for the second part of the series.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 16: Info Dump and Bad Touch
    While were on a episode about revelations: we've never discovered anything about Ryuko's mother or Satsuki's father. Do you think it's possible Ryuko and Satsuki will be reveal to be sisters in the last few episodes?

Also, who else thinks Ragyo has the scars on her back because she has life fibers directly implanted in her and was able to withstand the stress?
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...